Originally Posted By: Guitarhacker
I probably don't use more than 20% of the capabilities of both BB & RB. For what I do and how I do it, those things are not needed.

I am probably as low as 10%!

A new song for me starts with my little digital metronome clipped to my shirt as I sat at the keyboard playing, singing "La la la, doo doo doo" to see if I can hit the notes in that key or not, writing down chords on paper. About half the time I will record that into the sequencer of the keyboard and loop it just so I can listen without concentrating on playing. As that part plays, I can then play a second part, be that the bass line, an organ part, strings....

Once I have that thought completed THEN the software input happens. Generate, listen. tweak, generate different drums, different bass... Once that rhythm bed is how I want it I can start really writing. I don't think I have ever done less than 4 different Real Drum tracks, sometimes I actually leave 2 of them stacked. Since you told me about the "Generate Loops" function, which has been there for always and forever and somehow I never even noticed it, I have been thrilled to have tambourine and shakers that play in far better than I can, available. And will now probably use them too much until the new wears off the new toy. That led me to exploring other things I can loop.

The only thing I know for sure about this product is that I barely know anything about this product. Yet, as a testament to the level of quality of PG software, knowing and using just the 10-ish% I know I did a whole CD with it.

That in itself is remarkable if you think about it.

All of that stuff with chord wizard and all that... never even cared. I tried it once and it was SO wrong that I never looked at it again. And as with anything else there grows a frustration level. Like right now I have some plugins I used to use. However, they need jbridge to run. So far, due to getting new computers and such, I have paid 10 bucks for jbridge 3 times, and I am NOT paying for it again, so I guess I will live without those plugins. If I made money with this it would be different, but this is just my hobby when I have days to kill. April will mark 62 years since I started music, and I have;t had a lot of fire for it since the CD a few years ago. Bucket list - checked. On to the next thing.

I am using the new 1040XTRAEZ form this year. It has just 2 lines.

1. How much did you make in 2023?
2. Send it to us.