floyd,

This is very, very powerful! I'm glad you pulled it out, dusted it off and unleashed BIAB. I love that ending and the ending chord. It really left me hanging in the air thinking about all you'd sung. As I'm sitting here typing this, the song and its images are still bright in my mind.

I thought it was excellent the way that you used the chorus as a kind of parallel narrative. For me, the verses were a glimpse into the mind, heart and soul of the unpopular hero and the choruses (complete with their own independent development) were a glimpse of the 'other side of the coin'. 'Heartbreaking' is a word that just sprang into my head. Your story-telling and commentary unfolded like a movie for me. First person narrative was an ideal choice of perspective.

Everything about this sits perfectly in my headphones. The acoustic guitar beginning was terrific and its sound was first class. Then as the rest of the band started joining in and building a wall of sound with musical precision and intent, I found myself getting pulled into the music and the lyrics more as a participant than a listener. I think that's why the starkness of the ending was so powerful for me. It was like I was there, a part of the history.

This song resonated with me in so many ways!

All the best,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024