Originally Posted By: Tano Music
I saw this get posted while I was on vacation--now that I'm back, I'm glad I went back and listened. I love songs like this that get tied back to some other work of art, such as you've done with the story. It sounds like you get to do a lot of recover/renovation to bring it current standards, and it turned out great. Your vocalist's style fits perfectly--wonder if she stylized her vocal herself or was following your planned lead. Liked the cello part! And letting the voice take it out sounds just right!

Tano Music,
I'm very pleased that you thought to come back to the song. I'm inclined to get things fixed rather than toss/replace and am much the same with music. I knew there was value hidden away in the original aspects of the project - that value was Miriam's singing & cello playing. I didn't have a melody for her. I just handed her a very basic backing track and set of lyrics. She took those away and came back a week later with a vocal melody/delivery as well as the string arrangement. She had the vocal in two takes and her cello part in one. I took a couple of weeks to learn and record a decent take of mine. The new bass & guitars came together very quickly. BIAB did a grand job of fitting with the slightly wonky tempo to give me an interesting drum track.
Thank you for your kind words.

Cheers
rayc
"What's so funny about peace, love & understanding?" - N.Lowe