Originally Posted By: Noel96
Robert and Scott,

What a journey! You've got me sitting here thinking and my brain is a melting pot of thoughts right now after listening to your creation.

I found the musical setting of the grumbling, low harmonies very moody and very dramatic. There's no doubt in my mind at all that the intensity of the lyrics was amplified greatly by the choice of musical register. This shows in the vocals, too. It sounds like it was very easy to slip into the story of these lyrics.

As always, Robert, you've managed to find some great word combinations. I love the phrase 'night pulls on the hangman's hood'... it's a deep thought and very ominous in this musical setting!

Scott, your guitar playing gets two thumbs up from me! You settled into and magnified the mood of Roberts writing incredibly well.

All the best to you both,
Noel

Noel,

"Ominous"- I like that! The grumbly sound of the didgeridoo was a cool find and helped me decide on the low register vocal ( a first try at that).
Your comments are very kind and thoughtful- thank you!

Robert

Originally Posted By: RichMac

Like everything about this.
Mesmerising.
Two thumbs up.

Cheers.

Thanks for that,Rich

Originally Posted By: Deej56
Robert,

Very cool tune, with some killer production. Liked everything about it—vocal, lyrics, everything. Haunting mood and emotion emanate from every word and note. I enjoyed my listen very much.

Regards,

Deej

Deej,
I get drawn into reading history and am usually drawn to the more harrowing accounts!
Glad you liked this and appreciate your saying so.

Robert