Originally Posted By: Noel96
Warren,

3. What driver do you use to run your Focusrite? ASIO or MME?
4. If you are using ASIO, is it the Focusrite ASIO or ASIO4ALL or something else?

Which is correct? I use Focusrite ASIO because it seems to give me the lowest amount of latency.

What gets confusing to some (well, to ME at least) is how many places you can set latency. You can make an adjustment in RB and another in the Focusrite setup. That's kind of like volume on a computer when you can set volume in the software player, the computer itself and the speakers.

I fought with latency a lot, particularly with MME drivers. I would do vocal parts and listening through the interface as I recorded them, they were right on time. Then during playback they were 4-5 milliseconds late and I had to slide the track down to line it up. Add to that the somewhat ambiguous instruction abut which way to adjust buffers to fix it, and you have a mess.

The the OP's issues, when I got the inevitable updates to Windows 10, now on build 1803, I made sure to visit Focusrite and get their Windows 10 specific driver update for my 2i4. A lot of times driver updates are minor and fix a specific condition that not everybody experiences, but in the case of Focusrite and Windows 10, they are critical. I do love my 2i4 because the preamps are really good. Windows 10 really makes you dig to find the right place to adjust your sound card.

I am using the new 1040XTRAEZ form this year. It has just 2 lines.

1. How much did you make in 2023?
2. Send it to us.