I don't think that it's required at all. I think it has just become more acceptable be swearing in main-stream music now adays. These CDs if people still bought them as frequently would have explicit labels on them, I'm sure.

But teenagers do lead and drive what is made in to the number one hit. In truth, I don't think being the number one hit on the list is all that important. It's usually temporary, and a lot of the recent songs that make it to the top spot are very forgettable, while the songs way at the bottom of the top 100 list tend to have more flavour and character. But that's just my opinion and views. I may be slightly biased because I'm not a big fan of R&B, Hip Hop, Rap, etc. I can appreciate them for what they are, but I do not actively listen to them.

I can't be the only one of my generation who tends to not like the top 40s though. In fact, most of the people I know my age complain about them, so I can't really tell you why and how those songs get there, or what is unique about the writing in regards to song writing.

Last edited by Ember - PG Music; 06/03/18 12:38 PM.

Cheers,
Ember