Seriously, Scott? "Can't give examples"? Passive aggressive much?

THAT example was bad. ONE song by a guy who has been playing guitar for 175 years does not make a point to a guy who can barely play open E and open G. A capo TO A NEW PLAYER is a crutch that shortcuts the process by allowing them to play knowing almost nothing about the instrument, and that should be avoided. That is a microwave world mentality perspective on what "playing guitar" really is. Learn the neck. In every key. Every chord fingering position. In every key. Learn key signatures. Until I can say "4 flats" and the student can say "E flat" without counting on their fingers, they are not ready to play. MUSIC first. Then songs.

If you want to go with bombastic examples, how much does Clapton use a capo? How much did Gary Moore use a capo? Or SRV? Talking about alternate tunings to a guy at newbie player level? You can't apply the knowledge base of a seasoned player to a newbie. Well, you CAN, but it doesn't hold water. Get me started on the "right hand on the neck" garbage that people still think was invented by Van Halen.

I am using the new 1040XTRAEZ form this year. It has just 2 lines.

1. How much did you make in 2023?
2. Send it to us.