Originally Posted By: Notes Norton
When I archive files I don't want to lose I do the YYYY-MM-DD format. That way when I look for one in Windows File Explorer, as long as they are sorted by name, the newest one is last (or first if name z to a).
Notes

What you are doing is pretty much what I am doing as this image of a few backup zip files created by my backup program shows. I put in the HHMM as well because I do so many of them. I get lazy with the comment at times and sometimes I wish I didn't. The backup program has a database list of programs I might be working on. It includes the source and backup directory to place the backup file. This is part of what makes it fast. You can see that some of them are 1 minute apart. That is because I did a compress of the database after I backed up some stage of the work I was doing. I hate loosing even a minutes work :-) I got in this habit because an old version of the database program was very flaky and it would currupt the database a lot (several times a day for a while there). I never lost very much if anything by doing this.

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
BackUpZipDirectory.png (54.46 KB, 192 downloads)
Last edited by bowlesj; 06/18/18 06:20 AM.

John Bowles
My playing in my 20s:
https://www.reverbnation.com/johnbowles