For the most part, I have had no problems with the print function in BIAB. It's not wonderful by any means, but it does work.

This is my workflow. I typically have a 32 bar song which repeats 3 times, almost always with just one set of lyrics, but sometimes with 2 or 3 different verses.

I always start by creating a "linear" version - that is 96 bars with a 4 bar intro. There are no repeats. I get this working first. You can add lyrics as you go, or wait till it's all finished. I use note-based lyrics, but it's probably not relevant.

Once this is all done, it's time to start on the print layout. I use Fake Sheet with 1st, 2nd and 3rd endings, usually 4 bars long. This makes for easy viewing if you are careful. I occasionally use repeats and DS al coda. But they are just print functions.

The repeat dialogue is pretty straight forward. Where does the first pass start, where does the first ending start and how long is it. You also define the length of each ending - the can be different. Repeats are much the same, and DS needs to have the jump from, jump to, and destination.

save the song regularly, but remember you have changed the original music, so you can go back. There are lots of other tricks to pretty up the final print such as number of bars per line, height adjustment for lyrics and chords, but the key is to develop the song in a linear fashion first. The rest is just decoration.

BIAB for Windows Version 2019 (643)
Windows 10 (1909)