Originally Posted By: David Snyder

Not yet, Bob, but I consider I am still in a learning phase and still trying to find my own "sweet spot" as an artist.

BIAB is helping me with that as it is giving me the opportunity to create hundreds of worktapes with every idea that pops into my head and the ammunition for mixes on stuff I think deserves a production.

SongTradr gives me lots of ideas and impetus for taking a whack at song concepts I would not have even thought of until I looked at the wanted listings. It is not taking skin off of my back because I just keep adding stuff to my catalog. I have had quite a few "final selections" from stuff I wrote four months ago, where I saw the posting and just hit click. After a while I will be able to go click click click all day long. It costs about 20 cents to submit a song.

I don't need them for Spotify because I have my own outlets for digital and am actually doing ok on Spotify with my classical and "relaxation" stuff.

Now, is it legit? I have watched videos of the staff in their office, and their creative director or A&R lady (the one who posts opps and makes final selections, supposedly) seems legit.

But quite honestly, they are pulling some "amazing opps" from the same posting boards everyone else is--so folks have to realize EVERY licensing company is vying for the same opps, and SongTradr is just one.

Bud and Janice are lucky and blessed to be with an outfit like Crucial for their genre, but for people in super packed genres (singer-songwriter, pop, EDM, rock, film scoring) there about 2.5 million artists with home studios in the world (at least) doing what we do.

I think I got it from you Bob that about 20,000 new songs are dropped to Spotify EACH Day, like 5,000 new books are added to Kindle EACH Day.

I guarantee you that every person dropping those 20,000 Spotify songs per day is chasing sync.

So I think it is safe to roughly quesstimate that if you see a SongTradr opp and submit for it, you have 20,000 competitors coming from somewhere if is gets down to the music supervisor level.

Where does that leave us?

I can only say where it leaves me.

I just try and keep writing and mixing better songs every day and not even think about the rest of it or keeping up with the Jones.

Your brain would cave it.

I just keep hitting click and then go back to the screen to see how my new mix is coming along. It is the only way I can stay focused and happy.

So, that's a total of $13.98 to Joanne's account. Not very impressive. I only posed the question because I too have submitted material to ST. So I have some skin in the game.

"Your brain would cave it."

Could you clarify that statement? It doesn't make sense.

Regards,

Bob