Reading the responses lead me to believe the problems perceived with BIAB have more to do with personal preferences than functionality. Some things are easier tasks to complete in other software, so that becomes the workflow.

I think the 8 channel mixer limitation has to do with BIAB's foundation in MIDI. Many have wished and requested 16 channels to match the MIDI standard. That being said, that's pure speculation on my part but it makes sense to me, everyone would probably support any number of additional channels in the BIAB mixer.

While two additional channels would be nice, All the things Mike has listed as beneficial uses for two extra channels still way understates many other uses the extra channels would bring to the program. But the real issue I see is that all of the things Mike lists (and more) can already be done in BIAB with the existing number of channels we have. Maybe not to the level of one's personal preference, which will vary greatly between user to user, but the functionality is there. Some prefer not to use the functionality. (actually, many prefer not to) I'm not sure PGMusic will want to invent the wheel again or that they should even consider it when the wheel they've already invented is fully functional but not customizable to personal preferences.

A point Mike didn't make but that became obvious to me as I read through the posts; adding an additional channel that is not set up in the traditional manner of the other tracks but rather as a channel to facilitate implementing underused functions that exist. It is also obvious that if it can be done for one channel, it can be done for each channel and likely multiple times.

I'm going to do a little research and experimenting and may soon be posting something into the Wishlist Forum.

Last edited by Charlie Fogle; 09/17/18 01:22 PM.

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.