Ok Mike, first I'm not offended in the least. We're all friends here, we're just having a friendly discussion. Concerning 64 bit. I take it you didn't search for that subject and find Peters very detailed post about that?

Bottom line it's not needed and would do nothing for overall functionality. It concerns memory allocation on a Windows PC and JBridge handles that very well for $10. So I guess Peter's calculation is ten bucks or who knows how much to completely rewrite the program for 64 bit?

Like I said man, this is old stuff, been discussed to death already and the Forum Search function is actually quite helpful...

When you say you're afraid Biab is a dinasaur that may die soon another thing you probably don't know is Biab is huge in music schools all over the world. For all we know the education part could account for the majority of their sales and a school would care little for all this stuff we're talking about.

A friend of mine is a very good schooled guitarist who also runs two music schools. He and his staff all use Biab with students. I watched him once with a student. All he did was take a standard Real Book tune and have the student play along with it. He just used the basic midi synth, no Real Tracks, no Real Drums, nothing fancy. Just have the kid play along. This is going on the world over.

On to something that could be real. You said your very fast PC is slow with Biab? Explain that because none of us here have that problem, maybe we can help you with that.

Bob

Last edited by jazzmammal; 09/18/18 08:55 AM.

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.