Originally Posted By: Rustyspoon#
My goal is not to record full fledged songs, I like..hmmm how to put it right, more improvisation style things. Just to get idea out of the head. I rarely spend more than couple of days on song. Just want those mixes to sound acceptable to ear so I can come back to them at some point in my life when I have more time.

I've had my AKG240DF's since the Pleistocene Epoch.....light on the head, clear sounding and I still think they're great.
I approve of your mixing at low volume. smile

Hmmmm....
If you're not actually doing 'full fledged songs' and writing 'more improvisation style things' that allows you far more subjective decision making on the final mix as mixing an actual song does have some default approaches and expectations by many that may comment....me included.

Sounds like you're more into esoteric/interpretive/sound track pieces.
Hopefully you got some sound smile advice to use in this thread.

(Sidebar: it's very kind of you to give a listen and comment favorably on Time Traveling.
I actually like the song myself and it took a few weeks to flesh out the lyrics/story line/imagery to my satisfaction. The time traveling concept has always been fascinating to a science geek like myself....so, I had write about it. Can't believe it was 26 years ago! thx again)

Last edited by chulaivet1966; 10/21/18 02:18 PM.