There’s a lot of info here in past discussions about DAWs. I have always thought that RealBand shouldn’t be included. It has DAW functions, sure, but as the only DAW that reads BIAB files it has unique features. Thus even if you use RealBand along with BIAB, you should also learn a more traditional DAW if you want to get serious.

Ok, so which one?

I’ve tried many and used several in studios. Most have free demos. Most have similar features. The way they implement the features, and even what they call them, is what you have to evaluate.

For decades I used Cakewalk Pro Audio, which became SONAR. Now the essence of this is the free BandLab. Before we knew SONAR would be ‘saved’ I tried Reaper, Cubase, and others. The one I found easiest to transfer to was Mixcraft. I also liked that it had a good iPad app. Had I not been proficient in SONAR, I’m sure a different DAW could have seemed more sensible.

Note that I primarily use a PC for pro audio. I only used the Mac for notation software in the early 90s. Had I stayed on Mac, I would have spent more time on Pro Tools, which is used in the studios I go to. Once the PC caught up to the Mac, I had no need for one except to support others in the family who use one.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors