Good find but way too intellectual for me. It's very simple, he came up with a great hook with the words, simple as that.

If anybody's not sure about what the term Rock and Roll really means, let me spell it out. Another great Chuck Berry hit:

This is what drove all the Southern Baptists bat [*****] crazy in the 50's. It was the B side of Sweet Little Sixteen which also drove them crazy. Check out these lyrics too:

This was the same time that Jerry Lee Lewis married a 13 year old. The origin of rock and roll was pretty raw actually.

I was a teenager too at that time and absolutely fell in love with this stuff and so did my sisters. Elvis getting blacked out from the waist down on the Sullivan show was about the funniest thing my family had ever seen. What a joke but that was network censorship at that time fueled by that same group.

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.