Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
I'm technically oriented and have been recording/mixing off and on since 1965. Nowadays I'd rather spend the bulk my limited music time (we have multiple interests) writing, recording my wife, mixing and mastering. And the easiest way for me to do this is via RealTracks and RealDrums - with the occasional MST track thrown in. With splicing and dicing I can take multiple regens of RT's and create in the DAW what I'm looking for. Perhaps I am missing out on approaches that would improve our music but we are having big fun and for us that's what it's all about.

FWIW, YMMV, etc.

Bud

Number one is that your approach is producing songs that are radio ready IMHO so don't change a thing. I don't think that you are missing anything.

Two is that you are having fun and that is the name of the game, at least for me now. But I have more fun using MIDI and playing instruments than doing multiple regens and cutting and pasting them into a single track. Both your and mine are appropriate ways of making music. Different strokes for different folks.

My goal this weekend is to move just enough each day so that no one pokes me to see if I'm dead or not.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware