Dear 'Chris37' & Mr. Fournerat ...

You described We Want Miles as "a French tribute to Miles Davis...". It is that, yes, but I would say that it is a quietly impassioned love song, too.

A lover knows intimately the object of his affections, and the traits that endear him to the loved one:

“From your agile lips
A subtle melody
Ephemeral harmony
Brilliant as a mirror
A breath of light
comes from your funnel”

And what lover would not rejoice at the sound of the loved one’s endearing voice?

“Your notes twirl
Like a black butterfly
You sound revolt
Always to be moved”

The delicate, somber, and hypnotic mood that is the sound of memories remembered made your Real Tracks choices appear to have been deeply inspired, even as the notes performed on the Ujam Silk Guitar sweeten the poignancy of the lyrics. Mr. Fournerat’s unhurried phrasing of the words that comprise his lyrics remind me of how a man would answer a woman’s question, “So, tell me what you love about me!” Like Mr. Fournerat, he would answer thoughtfully, gently, spontaneously, sweetly, and lovingly, of course!

We Want Miles is the kind of song that jazz was made to articulate and express, musically speaking, and this member of the audience offers his silent applause to you and Mr. Fournerat for honoring Miles Davis in a style that I believe he, himself, would have felt quite comfortable performing in.

- bluage -

Last edited by bluage; 10/08/19 08:53 PM.

"Music is what feelings sound like."-- borrowed from a Cakewalk Music Creator forum member, "Mamabear".