Originally Posted By: bluage
The sound of Healer of the Hills has a golden sheen, like an old, forgotten heirloom that's had all the tarnish and discoloration cleaned off it and now shines in the light like a sought-after relic of bygone days. The lyrics are vivid, colorful, as they illuminate a picturesque place in a timeless space, and they also speak of a spiritual way of being that seems to have deep ancestral roots.

The music is lively with an energetic rhythm that keeps the song interesting to listen to, thanks to the inspired selection of Real Tracks. The electric guitar solo is charged and has an ever-ascending feel that is exciting to hear.

Your vocal performance is simply charming! I don’t know if you were trying to do this, but your voice sounds like you were characterizing a person of elderly stature who could be a wandering sage, and possibly possessed of magical powers.

This is a unique song that is saturated with a sense of historical time viewed through a nostalgic lens. It was fun to listen to!

Sincerely,

- bluage -

Thanks bluage for your beautiful in-depth review of my little tune laugh It really cheered me up, and so many new words I had to use translator to understand all of them smile You are almost describing the feeling I had when I first heard that Searchlight album, touchingly timeless, spiritual and still somehow close to my soul from the ancient times. I wrote the lyrics first in 2013 and then revived some parts this year, the main theme was respect of nature, like ancient people had, and the role of a common man to carry the big responsibility (like in LOTR).

Janne

Hear My Music:

Soundcloud
YouTube