MarioD and I recently had a discussion about recording over in the Recording Forum section. The focus of that conversation stems from a Musician that abandoned PC based studio to a more simple All in One solution that allowed him to complete a high end recording session with less complex technology.

MarioD referenced a PC based Studio in the $300 range for a home studio that assumed one already has a PC. It presented audio interface, monitors, headphones, mic and accessories.

I detailed the stand alone unit that musician chose for his recording that budgeted at $45,000.

He chose and recorded and mixed his album project with a Tascam DP-24. It is a digital multi track recorder and mixer. It currently sells for $479.99.

If you're not interested in becoming an engineer, mixer or producer, then this may be an option for your studio. You will still have easy access to importing your recordings into your PC for further processing with a DAW, Printing CD's and sharing your work but will also have a device to connect and use multiple devices at once, and be working on a system you can learn in a day...

Here's a LINK to that post and a comparison between equally cost valued PC/Software System and a Hardware studio.

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.