I get that and everybody's home set up is different but...when we post on a forum like this answers and general info tends to be exactly that, general. It's for the majority which is really 51% or higher. Generally speaking, average computer users should be doing exactly what I described. Newer mid range or better hardware running a fully updated Win 10 system. That puts you in the $800-$1,000 range. No mods, no tweaks. In 15 years, I've never had all the weird problems some report on these forums.

Of course now to make me look like an idiot I just got a notification about how the latest update from last week can delete your entire desktop on some systems. Lovely, ain't that great! Didn't happen to me but still...It's not really deleted, the fix is to uninstall the update and your desktop is restored but can you imagine what's going through someone's mind when they see that?

No free lunch in this world, all we can do is be informed and deal with it.

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.