Just a little update for anyone that uses Reaper with BIAB and also uses a MIDI keyboard...

I had just upgraded from 5.9xx to version 6 of Reaper and didn't realize that some things got moved around a little. Couldn't find an answer in the user's manual either, but by accident I right-clicked on the record button for a track and there was the missing pieces... where it gives you the opportunity to select your MIDI input device, etc. !!! I'm kind of embarrassed about that, but don't do a lot of MIDI work usually in Reaper.

The thing that I'm struggling with now is a lag of about 10 ms or so on the keyboard input only. For example, when I play a piano note, the note doesn't sound when I first hit the key, but lags enough that I hear it about the time my finger comes up off the key. I'm just guessing that it's about 10 ms. It's enough to make it hard to play along with a recorded track or BIAB playback. Same happens when I use MIDI OX. But interestingly enough, it doesn't happen if I use Contabile... which is a self-contained VST manager. Somehow I think I've got a MIDI loop or something causing a delay but can't find it. It's not related to my USB Audio Interface. I tried different buffer settings to change the latency but that had no affect on this issue. Anyway, that's where it stands now. Sorry if this part should have been a separate thread.

Jim

BIAB 2020 with Reaper 6, on an AMD 8 core CPU, 16GB RAM, 240 GB SSD and 1 TB HD. Retired and trying to make some serious music, before Arthur Ritis spoils the fun.