Subtitled (Extranthropaedia-v-3)

For Unkie

This started life as an experiment with new root notes for a common chord progression. In the main body of the thing, I inserted new roots with BIAB slash chord feature. These were a mix of "in-chord" and "out of chord" roots proving it is the bass player who determines what chord is heard. It really took off in my imagination and I twiddled with it with my producer hat on for a long time.

In the Middle section--a genuine change-up bridge with a new style and everything--I used chord notes in the bass to "create" inversions--if not in the individual instruments, then in the "band" as a whole. To end, I laid the flute over a section for which it was not created for a tiny bit more "modality" in the upper registers.

If all that sounds too weird for you, it's just a kid's instrumental. Maybe an other-worldly kid. There's a lot happening in two and one-half minutes,

I went for a somewhat more modern production technique which hearkens a bit back to my "loop" days, though there are no loops used.

The title hearkens back to those days as well, as this might be considered part of a suite.

And...the BAND.

****** Song Summary (For main body) *************
Key=C , Tempo 120, Length (m:s)=1:44
Style is _PWPOWER.STY (Praise & Worship w/ Guitar & Pia)
RealTracks in style: 1523:Bass, Electric, PopPowerA-B Ev 120
RealTracks in style: 1535:Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm PopPowerPushA-B Ev 120
RealTracks in style: 1529:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm PopPowerBrightA-B Ev 120
RealTracks in style: 1526:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm PopPowerPushA-B Ev 120
RealDrums [in style:PraiseWorshipPowerPush^1-a:Qck, b:PHt
RealTracks in song: 1059:Sax, Alto, Soloist SmoothJazzPoppy Ev16 090 (Bluesy)
RealTracks in song: 2348:Horn Section, Rhythm, Funk 2-part, Ev 110 (Simple with Space)
RealTracks in song: 2457:Strings, Rhythm CelticAir Ev 085
RealTracks in song: 2540:Pedal Steel, Background ModernCountryDreamy16ths Ev16 075
****** Song Summary (for middle) *************
Key=Am , Tempo 120, Length (m:s)=0:32
Style is _ASKANCE.STY (Askance Dramatic Alternative Pop)
RealTracks in style: ~683:Bass, Electric, PopHalfNotesPush Ev 120
RealTracks in style: 1535:Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm PopPowerPushA-B Ev 120
RealTracks in style: 3439:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm BritPsycRockMarchSingleNoteDelay Ev16 110
RealTracks in style: 3439:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm BritPsycRockMarchSingleNoteDelay Ev16 110
RealTracks in song: 2799:Flute, Background CroonerBallad Sw 060 (1TrackHornSection)

The "heavier" and "lighter" versions of the main section are from the style itself with A/B parts.

Mixed in Reaper in many 15-20 minute sessions with various standard effects (Eq, Compression). The only real "trick" I used was to reverse the flute and lay it along-side the "forward" copy, edited for flow. It's subtle, but it's there.

Enjoy, if possible.

Last edited by Tangmo; 06/04/20 05:19 PM.

BIAB 2021 Audiophile. Windows 10 64bit. Songwriter, lyricist, composer(?) loving all styles. Some pre-BIAB music from Farfetched Tangmo Band's first CD. https://alonetone.com/tangmo/playlists/close-to-the-ground