Originally Posted By: fantasyvn
Oviously there will be different ways to do this task, but I would appreciate hearing about your approach.

Let's say you have a clean vocal file (a cappella, without background music).

Since it is a famous song, like My heart will go on, so more or less, you already know the chords of the song.

From this point onwards, how do you proceed to make a backing track, using BIAB and other tools?

My sincere thanks,

My approach would be to find an appropriate Style and Tempo in BB. Then add the Chords and get a fairly good layout (Arrangement you like) for the song. Then put the BB file to the correct key (to suit the vocals). Don’t worry if they are not spot on at this stage.

Then I’d be inclined to export the tracks into a DAW and get a good rough mix. Add the vocal track and if needed use something like Melodyne to address vocal tuning discrepancies. (In Reaper there are other tools you can use and/or move track items up or down by a few cents.). Then do a final mix add reverb, eq, compression or whatever and then as a final do a little limiting to lift the track to the appropriate level.

It really depends on the tools you have but a lot you can do very cheaply.

My thoughts
Tony

HP i7-4770 16GB 1TB SSD, Win 10 Home,
Focusrite 2i2 3rd Gen, Launchkey 61, Maton CW80, Telecaster, Ovation Elite TX, Yamaha Pacifica 612
BB 2022(912) RB 2022(2), CakeWalk, Reaper 6, Audacity, Melodyne 5 Editor, Izotope Music Production Suite 4.1