Originally Posted By: Noel96
Hi floyd,

Your words and your arrangement carried me back in time.

This song reminds me so much of what my life was about when I was in my late teens and early twenties, and trying to make sense of how the adult world worked. A couple of very serious relationships really took their toll on me. Even now, looking back 40 years later, I so clearly remember that "...bit of dawn from the second floor apartment" and all the angst and heatbreak I felt at the time.

This is very powerful songwriting. I especially like that last line of each verse that doesn't rhyme. It's such a skillful way of evoking feelings of emotional insecurity in a listener.

I'm grateful for the journey that you just took me on. Sometimes, being able to look at the past the 20/20 hindsight is soothing.

Thank you.
Noel

Noel - good to have you drop by. Hope all is well with you! It is always nice to know that a listener can relate to what we are "putting on the page"...

Originally Posted By: ROG
Hi Floyd,

Had me reaching for the Kleenex halfway through the first verse.

A fabulous piano sound and super arrangement with the string line
coming in at all the right places.

Your wonderful signature vocal and nicely balanced harmony didn't disappoint.

Another classic.

ROG.

ROG - you're such a softie... smile Thanks for the nice comments...

Originally Posted By: sixchannel
Been there, done that, Floyd. So sad, so stupid. But thats Life.
Beautifully done even if it brought back memories I'd have sooner tried to forget.
Superb.
Ian

Ian! Nice to see you drop in for a listen. Thanks! You come to mind every time we are in AMI (was just there this past weekend).