Originally Posted By: rayc
Originally Posted By: TexasFrets
[quote=rayc]
Any ideas of who to listen to so I can borrow the feel/territory of their solo?
I'll give the cleaner guitars a try as you've suggested. Amplitube 5 is coming out any day, so I'll try running the clean guitar through some overdrive in Amplitube.

For solos and rhythm guitars go to The Clash - nothing later than the London Calling LP though. Rhythm usually a loud fender twin, (suggests more power amp break up than preamp pushing),...that's easily found amongst the VSTs available these days.
This bloke dooes good Clash tones using a Vox and an OD pedal for some parts. Les Paulish for one guitar,(humbuckers and less top end) & leads while a teleish for the other side rhythm (single coil bright). All of which is doable in almost any Sim pack https://youtu.be/7i_pA1VhkVA?t=1125
Again, excellent song.

Hi, Ray.

Thanks so much for your reply. Thanks for your suggestion of The Clash. I listened to them a lot when I was younger. I'll check them out again with an ear toward their solos & rhythm guitar. I have a Fender Twin in my Amplitube VST & also several Fender Twins in my Kemper. I could reamp the guitar through the Kemper, which would give a more authentic sound, probably.

Thanks for the link. I'll check him out for sure. Thanks again for all your help and your kind words.

Cheers,
Todd