Ok... I reset to factory settings. Then I stripped out the dxi in midi, closed the program and rebooted the computer.

Without Dxi, it was running smooth again. So then I set the dxi to vscdxi and it still worked properly. This is with both BIAB songs and independent midi songs that I have downloaded.

Realband works fine with the ForteDxi enabled so I switched to the Forte in BIAB also and it appears to be working properly at the moment. These were not just hiccups like I was driving the system too hard - all of the parts were completely out of sync and jumping around on the temp. WEIRD.

I will monitor it and report back if it can nail it down. It has been working smoothly for several months now.

Manning1- I guess I need to put this stuff in my signature. Toshiba laptop, Pentium 4 2.66 ghz, 2 gig of memory, using same disc as OS, Win XP sp3. Using ASIO drivers with realtek AC97 soundcard.

If anyone has experienced this with Forte, please let me know. As I mentioned, it is a demo only so if it continues to be a problem, I probably won't cough up the $40.

Thanks everyone!