Hi Tobin,

Thanks for posting those links. Although I have thousands of styles, I don't have those ones.

While those PG demos may have one or two similar elements, to my ears they are not 'very similar' but there's no reason why they should be! I think the styles as a whole don't sound like contemporary pop and much of that has to do with the drums/percussion. BIAB's ability to have different drum styles and loops could lend itself to more contemporary drum & loop track combinations.

As I wrote earlier in this thread, I think BIAB has lots of good realtracks (often hidden away in styles of other genres whose other elements are not contemporary pop). They are what I'm normally looking for but usually fail to find. I'm not saying they're not there but there's not enough life to spend wading through styles in the hope of finding realtracks for my purposes.

Originally Posted By: Lazarus

As a longtime BIAB user and upgrader, I find the way PG bundles together styles from different genres as an incentive to upgrade doesn't work for me. I have so many styles now, in everything but contemporary pop, that more styles actually makes things worse because there are so many to wade through (and oompah and celtic styles seem to evade your filters... I can't get away from them cluttering up my searches!)

There are some excellent realtracks and drums that are very useable for pop and they are what I'm usually searching for (I rarely use all the instruments from a style). It would be great if these could be grouped together by PG, maybe under some foolproof search filter term, to help us find them easily (and close alternatives). That could be another step in making BIAB more useful and accessible to contemporary pop songwriters.

My request to Make BIAB more useful to contemporary pop songwriters is not only about making new pop multistyles. I also want to be able to find the good stuff that's hidden there already and make the most of BIAB's existing features. Peter said it would be good to have videos to demonstrate that and I look forward to seeing them.

I appreciate Jareth posting the list of what PG classifies as 'Modern Pop'. I have almost none of those styles in that list. I have listened to some of the demos listed and I wouldn't rush to buy those bonus styles sets. After many years of upgrading BIAB, I gave up buying mixed genre bonus packs. But if PG recalibrates its conception of Contemporary Pop, by checking out the songs on my list and studying the Adult Contemporary charts, I would love to buy a set of AC multistyles where all the tracks sound modern and complement each other. But not if it's outnumbered by jazz and oompah styles.

To sum up, my wishlist would include 3 elements

1. New mainstream contemporary pop multistyles, as discussed in detail previously.
2. Some new search term or filter procedure that can help me QUICKLY find my existing realtracks, drums, loops etc. that are useful in contemporary pop.
3. Someone at PG to go through the charts and regularly update the song list so that if people type in Hot Girl Bummer, Ring or Good in Goodbye, the search filter will direct them to styles and realtracks that are similar.

Thank you