Originally Posted By: 90 dB

I know what a back order is. I did Inventory Control for years.

"HDs not being ready until after the product was already offered for sale."

That is called a deceptive business practice. Tell me, up front, that you have a product on back order, and I can decide if that is acceptable. To sell a product you don't physically have, to a repeat customer, is insulting.

I have one thing to say in defense of what PG Music is doing, and that is there is no way that they could efficiently have everything ready to go because they don’t have any idea about what an individual customer will order until they actually order. I can perceive at least part of what the problem is because I once screwed myself out of the bonus UNRELEASED Real tracks IN 24 BIT by accidentally omitting the 49 PAK from my initial order and splitting the order over two different days. As an Audiophile customer, I get my entire order on the HD. This year that includes the 49 PAK, the latest Xtra styles pak, and the latest XPRO pak. PG Music takes the time to make to make sure that the 60 unreleased bonus tracks in the 49 PAK are 24 bit on the audiophile drives. But they don’t know in advance that I’ll order the 49 PAK. With MY error 2 years ago, I got 12 bit bonus tracks and could only resolve the issue by shipping my audiophile HD back at my expense. I ultimately decided to put up with 60 12 bit tracks for a year. IMHO, if there were a way to have everything ready to go on ordering day, it would create more expense than it is worth.

I said that I had one thing to say in PG Music’s defense, but perhaps I have a second thing to say which is something that I say quite often. Over the years, what PG Music has given me in overall value, far exceeds what they have extracted from my bank account. I often think about what other software companies charge me every year for their yearly updates or subscriptions and realize just how genuinely dedicated PG Music is to helping musicians. They could charge so much more for their software, and they don’t so that it remains affordable to a greater client base. If they do things a certain way that is different from the average company, its usually to keep their costs from being driven up and passed on to their customers. PG Music has been such a customer oriented company during the time that I have been doing business with them, they would have to come to Mobile and burn my house down before I’d complain about their business practices.

Of course, YMMV.

Keith
2024 Audiophile Windows 11 AMD RYZEN THREADRIPPER 3960X 4.5GHZ 128 GB RAM 2 Nvidia RTX 3090s, Vegas,Acid,SoundForge,Izotope Production,Melodyne Studio,Cakewalk,Raven Mti