Quote:

You still had an audio track (RT) hilighted, so that is the track it got generated on. You said to generate midi track on a highlited track.

This was a good catch, they probably should not allow that (gray out the option) or give a warning. That is not something most of us normally do, as evidenced by the fact it didn't get caught in beta testing.

Maybe they DO want it to be able to do that, and it's just something you have to be careful of.

In the mean time - Don't do that. Change the habit. And send a note to support so they have a clue it needs fixing.
If they can dupe it, it sounds like an easy enough fix. But only if they want to. It may be by design, but just needs a warning added.

I think this is unintentional behavior because from what I can tell once you have audio data on an audio track you are prevented from converting it to a MIDI track in all other cases. When you first have an audio track selected, in this particular use case it somehow bypasses the usual checks and the track is converted to a MIDI track when it should not have been.

BTW, you can do a right-click in any application. The standard behavior is to first select the item you right-clicked on. If RB wants to deviate from this behavior, it should at least warn the user that they are doing something that is not possible given the selected track. In addition, the reason why I didn't notice the selection didn't change was because the context menu is so big it covered up the tracks. If you right-click close to the left of the track, the tracks are completely covered up by the context menu.