I'm using a home built computer.... with a Focusrite Saffire interface and a pair of Mackie MR-5 speakers. For my guitar rig, I have a Spark 40 modeling amp that is run directly into the audio input on the Saffire coming off the Spark headphone jack. This is one amazing sounding rig. Well, let me say this.... it works well for me. I've had a few other guitar players here in my studio who were also very impressed with the sound quality.

The speakers you have look to be similar. If they are trying to keep up with the volume of the amp, well, they probably will have a difficult time doing that. However, if you can get that signal to a line level and input it into the interface, that whole picture changes. The only way I could run my Mesa boogie along with the music projects I was working on was to use noise isolation cans and mike the guitar to put it into the mix and even then, I had to run the cans a bit louder than I really wanted to stay above the room volume of the amp. Getting that signal into the DAW is the best way.... that way you can monitor the guitar in the mix at a very respectable level.

Your budget is a nice starting point for doing it RIGHT.

Last edited by Guitarhacker; 07/20/22 04:23 AM.

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.