Hi Carlos
Thank you. I can't say in detail whatever chords I changed (I'm at work right now -as you can see) ;-) and remember changing only a few chords. Basically I like to work with unfolded tracks. Then I change bar settings, A/B styles, set drum fills, mute/unmute etc. until I like it. When I listen to a style I only listen to the chord progression. I don't listen if it's paddy or orchestral or funky. I'm looking for nice chord progressions an then I start filling the chords with realtracks I like. Any combination will do, sometimes quite unusual stuff will result. Very good fun.
I'm still not 100% happy with the mix (never am, actually). Tried various combinations of reverb and delay on the solo guitars but could not find THE perfect setting. Also some slight compression on the guitars and moderate EQ (some more on drums) to get a modern feeling. Normally I "create" in BiaB and then move the tracks to RB, where I add more tracks/instruments. Then I move over to Samplitude. I mix in Samplitude simply because I know it's workflow. All VSTi's I employ in Samplitude only, MIDI editing I also do there. But if I wouldn't have had Samp bevore RealBand I'd certainly work in RealBand. Now I think I need again to adjust/lower the bass.
Being still a noobie in the vast field of arranging and mixing I still have to learn a lot. But it's tremendous fun "creating" music, transforming superbly played single instruments into something that is a new whole in itself, more than the sum of it's parts. Of course I'd like to be able to play an instrument as you do. I know your excellent guitarplaying and musical expression from earlier threads. Thanks again for your heads-up.
Daniel

edit: for you Carlos, since you are such a gifted guitar player: I tried my hand at some Chillout music. Maybe you like the guitar in this one (sorry - no BiaB, all Samp and samples)
http://www.songramp.com/mod/mps/viewprivtrack.php?trackid=55823

Last edited by deltagolf; 06/04/10 12:06 AM.