Konaboy,
The muscle of the BIAB is Acoustic and Electric (don't confuse with electronic) instruments, played by real musicians. It is not designed specifically for production of synth based EDM music, but made a very good progress where you can use these (acoustic & electric) RTs / Midi content with other, less represented genres (such as EDM) in your composition with introduction of Chord Track(s) and other tools like partial regeneration, where you can get real played phrases pretty tight to adhere to your ideas.

Every schoolboy and schoolgirl can make a "beat" on their phone. But what software can add real acoustic & electric instruments to their "composition" that will actually follow their ideas, not push the key these loops/phrases were written in? There are only a couple of titles that I know of and overall they are miles away from BIAB in that respect.

Many users utilize BIAB to generate a specific track(s) (guitar, sax, piano, etc), but do their main work in DAW.
BIAB is not a silver bullet for "all genres" but it has a very strong library of content in Pop/Rock/Jazz/Folk/Country genres.

Personally I feel that many synth/sample based software workstations such as Komplete, Halion, Falcon, Groove Agent and whole bunch of others have in a way similar content. BIAB is very different and I like that contrast. It's great to have different choices.