Hello,

I tested this using RealBand and <VSTi> Bandstand. I loaded the sample file impromptu.seq from the \RealBand\Samples folder, and played it. As the file started playing, I didn't hear anything for a few seconds. This is because Bandstand was still loading it's Acoustic Piano patch. After it had been loaded, I had no more problems when playing the file in RealBand.

Next, I selected Audio | Merge tracks audio and dxi tracks to stereo wave file, and tested the wave file. there were alot of note dropouts, especially during fast passages. This is because Bandstand has large samples which it streams from hard drive, and the rendering happened to fast so it missed some notes. Band-in-a-Box has a special settings file that can be used to throttle the direct rendering (\bb\Bandstand Technical Notes\AsstSettings.ini), however RealBand doesn't have this settings file.

The solution in RealBand - open the VSTi window to display the Bandstand panel while the song plays. Press the little button to the left of the play button (see screenshot), so it lights up. Now select Audio | Merge audio and DXi to stereo wave file. In my testing, this allowed the impromptu.seq file to render perfectly.

Andrew
PG Music Inc.