Originally Posted by dcuny
Hopefully that helped answer the question. smile
Unfortunately it didn't answer the question of what you think intelligence is. You provided several dots to connect but I'd rather not connect them and end up making inaccurate assumptions.

You did provide some interesting statements and examples, some of which I agree and others I don't. But we need a crisp working definition of intelligence to locate where our views diverge.

Maybe this will help. Here is my crisp definition for "create":

Create: To produce, reveal or give rise to something unique or sufficiently dissimilar from that which came before. To bring into being or awareness a novel thing, idea or relationship which did not exist prior. “Create” and “discover” can be very close cousins.

I'd request a similarly crisp 1, 2 or 3 sentence definition of what intelligence is from your perspective; not what it isn't, but what it is. Think of the form used by Merriam Webster or other but don't necessarily copy from them unless that is what you believe.

This is important because I believe you have an overly restrictive idea of what intelligence is, but I can't be sure until you articulate [crisply] what that idea is.

https://soundcloud.com/user-646279677
BiaB 2024 Windows
For me there’s no better place in the band than to have one leg in the harmony world and the other in the percussive. Thank you Paul Tutmarc and Leo Fender.