I disagree with Misha the spoon. Here is why.

First, this idea of "removing previous pickers" is against PG Music's mission statement. If you read through Band-in-a-Box's Wikipedia page, it says Band-in-a-Box has a long lasting reputation of having "Added features have been grafted on the original application for years which creates a "forest of hidden commands".

Second, people don't come to BiaB for ease of use, they come for RealTracks. If one day Peter Gannon decides to remove all picker interfaces and force users to pick styles using command lines on a Windows cmd terminal, there will still be people like me willing to stay with this software regardless how cumbersome it becomes.

Third, the redundancy of the software is a way of separating the wheat from the chaff. Many young people have once looked into this software and decided to quit, due to its daunting interface and mountains of commands embedded within. Whoever has the courage not being scared off, such as myself, will truly benefit from the power of this incredible software. Keeping the old pickers in parallel with the new one, is a strategy of "Confuse to Refuse", to those weak and shallow young souls.

If they don't want to learn it, then they don't deserve it.

A Canadian music producer, singer songwriter, composer, and professional guitarist.