You forgot to add, know the right people and/or be in the right place at the right time.

I've known a lot of good-looking, great singers and fine musicians who didn't make it big. But it's not the only way. I've known musicians who make a lot of money playing music and others who need a day job to pay the bills.

I've made a living doing music and nothing but music for most of my life. I could have done better if I stayed in the electronics tech/engineering industry that I trained for, but 5 years of that convinced me I'd be happier staying with music. Though I live modestly, I have no debt, and I'm happier this way.

There is more than one way to do it.

Playing music puts you in the category of other professionals. Not every lawyer makes the big time, some do well and some barely get by.

Bands are like other small businesses, some fail, some make a decent living at it, and some hit the big time.

I think if anyone can make a living doing what they would do for free, and doing what they truly enjoy, they are better off than most people — and if they get rich in the process, they join the lucky ones.

Notes ♫

Bob "Notes" Norton smile Norton Music
https://www.nortonmusic.com

100% MIDI Super-Styles recorded by live, pro, studio musicians for a live groove
& Fake Disks for MIDI and/or RealTracks