Good point PitB, i have a friend that can do just that play licks and riffs from many old classics, but i ask him to play a nice lead on a song we were playing at a party once and he could not pull it off, and i had to pull something outta my back side at the last minute.

Along with what you said about spending time doing covers, most people come to a club or a bar to hear things that are familiar to them, they do not want to hear your originals for the most part. Maybe a open mike night coffee shop, but unless you are somewhat famous forget original tunes, folks are just not that entertained by them. You might slip one or two in, but not a steady diet of them.

If you want to cut an original album, people will listen and buy if 1. you are freakin good, or 2. somewhat famous

If you are not well known your albums sales are going to be few and far between. The internet is flooded with fairly good albums that people have recorded and no one wants to buy.

That's the charm of hanging around a place like this you can share your original tunes with a group of folks that want to hear them. I spend about 4 years over at Acidplanet, and shared my stuff and reviewed a ton of other folks stuff as well it was fun but got old. The real deal was that they only listen to yours to get you to listen to them.

Heck my own wife would rather hear me do old covers of songs she loved growing up than do original tunes. Maybe my originals suck like a hoover deluxe!

Lenovo Win 10 16 gig ram, Mac mini with 16 gig of ram, BiaB 2022, Realband, Harrison Mixbus 32c version 9.1324, Melodyne 5 editor, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL, Presonus control app, Komplete 49 key controller.