Quote:

The BIAB interface seems like a holdover from the DOS days of the 1980s. The manual too. When might we expect an interface that actually takes advantage of the drag/drop, point and click, soft-key enabled interfaces of this century? Plus, any chance that the manuals will ever be re-written by user-literate people and not simply rehash the arcane structure of 20 years ago?

Honestly, for entering chords, how else would you do it? Its simple and fast and musicians know how to spell chords....right? When you get into the all the things you can do with individual bars.....perhaps there might be some room for improvement. And there are a lot of buttons.....and picking and finding styles is still a total nightmare. That really needs to be completely overhauled.

For other aspects of the program, like the recording abilities, I can see perhaps doing more like what say Garageband does. Make it more GUI. But then you get into an area where its like......why bother? Macs come with Garageband........and PG Music came up with a drag and dropping of tracks to DAWs which pretty much takes care of that. Why divert resources copying something that already works and is free? I'd rather PG Music put resources into what it is doing.

So.....perhaps you can point out some ideas instead of bitching? Maybe suggest something other than the chord sheet format that would work quicker and easier? I mean, there are a lot of things that can be improved in the interface, like the style picker, but the basic interface is fine by me.

Musician, Polymath, Google Jedi, Apple Master, Windows Wrangler and Digital Wizard. High ratings in Nerd-fu & Geek-fu.

M1 Mac Mini, MacBook Pro Touchbar 15", Intel 27" iMac, M1 Mac Mini
https://musician.social/@ericdano