Latest Topics | Latest Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hrs | 48 hrs | 7 days | 30 days
Forum   Subject
Recording, Mixing, Performance and Production
Jump to new posts Re: Performing with backing tracks by JohnJohnJohn @ 7 minutes 42 seconds ago

I guess it always depends on what the listener expects (and has paid for!) If I am having a few drinks with friends and we are enjoying each other's company then, as a listener I don't care if it is one guy with backing tracks or the radio playing over the bar's speakers. On the other hand, if I purchased a ticket and will be there to watch & listen to a performance, I'm not really very keen on seeing & hearing someone sing along to prerecorded tracks. Not saying it is bad or wrong...jus
Styles and RealTracks Wishlist
Jump to new posts Re: Real Reggae and Latin Horns by MarioD @ 12 minutes 34 seconds ago

+1 for Rts, RD, an MIDI.
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Jump to new posts Re: medolists by MarioD @ 14 minutes 52 seconds ago

Good idea. +1
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
Jump to new posts Re: Problems with recent July 2017 Build Update? by Guitar Non Hero @ 31 minutes 14 seconds ago

One last thought on this thread and that is I figured out a "work-around" that will do until I decide on which laptop to get. Basically, I am using the Export Function to create a .wav file. I have the appropriate number of choruses and solos, and I play it on my CD player or Windows Media Player. Also, when I record songs, I just record the .wav file on a track and then solo over it on a different track.
Off-Topic
Jump to new posts Re: New Number One Album Of ALL TIME by floyd jane @ 53 minutes 51 seconds ago

I think that might be Vince Gill in that picture up there. He's touring with these guys. I think that is why he posted this.
Off-Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Song from Ray Thigpen and occ by Deryk - PG Music @ 57 minutes 0 seconds ago

This is a fantastic tune, you guys should be proud It's wonderful hearing of the fond memories people have. You can tell he was a cherished person and artist.
Off-Topic
Jump to new posts Re: New Number One Album Of ALL TIME by VideoTrack @ Today at 07:16 AM

This is absolutely deserved, and comes from no small contribution or inadequate ability. This comes from pure genius, unbelievable hard work and genuine dedication. Well deserved.
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Bring Me Down To The Water by GocartMoz @ Today at 07:15 AM

Originally Posted By: MarioDWOW this is a great story and well as a great mix, vocal and lyrics. Your groove is super. I really liked this! Thx much Mario. I appreciate you giving this a spin! Dave
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Bring Me Down To The Water by GocartMoz @ Today at 07:14 AM

Originally Posted By: Scott C+1 on what Noel said. Very cool vocal. Super backtrack. The picking on the acoustic was really cool. Well done.. Thank you much Scott. I appreciate you giving this a listen and commenting. Dave
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Bring Me Down To The Water by GocartMoz @ Today at 07:13 AM

Originally Posted By: BlueAttitudeMan, what a great song! One of the best songs I have ever heard on this site actually, excellent write and performance. Well done! Thank you much for your comments. They are greatly appreciated I am glad you enjoyed it. Dave
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Dixie by GocartMoz @ Today at 07:10 AM

Awesome cover. Your vocal is clearly the star here. Great job. Backing tracks sounded real good, as well. Enjoyed it. Dave
Best of YouTube
Jump to new posts Re: John Heinrich, A Friend Of Mine. Nashville Session Player. by Deryk - PG Music @ Today at 07:09 AM

Wow - your friend is mega talented! I thoroughly enjoyed watching these - thanks for sharing
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Somewhat Diminished by GocartMoz @ Today at 07:00 AM

Nicely done Mario. I enjoyed this. Thank you for sharing. Dave
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Dixie by Samuel Davis @ Today at 06:59 AM

Dixie I posted this in the Xtra Styles Contest but wanted to share it here as well. I've always loved this classic American song. I especially love the version that Lee Greenwood did in 1992. When I heard the demo for this new RealTrack style I knew I wanted to do something classically American with it. My first thought was "Somewhere Over The Rainbow" but then I realized that it wasn't in the public domain. So I figured I would see if I could do Dixie justice. Let me know what you
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Everything by BlueAttitude @ Today at 06:56 AM

Wow, so good! One of your best vocals ever, very emotive and heartfelt. And man, the track sounds fabulous! Great mix and production. Listened first through the studio monitors and then through the 'phones. Exceptional!
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
You could try this as I found audio related stutters, and hanging even of audio playback hanging, with an USB RME breakout box, due the graphics drivers, in my case Radeon-AMD. It was not always, but once started, getting worse and worse. The only solution was and still is using the basic Microsoft driver from Win 10. Probably these gamer's stuff accelerations and hyperthreading settings (turn it off in your BIOS) conflict with audio real time. Not only AMD drivers suck, but also those from NVDI
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: NEW SONG POST: If I was a Dog by GocartMoz @ Today at 06:55 AM

Wonderful song. Truly entertaining. A perfect lyric and masterful vocal. Nothing to complain about. This is just fantastic songwriting and a brilliant performance. Loved it Dave
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Everything by Tano Music @ Today at 06:52 AM

Floyd: Loved this basic, direct love song. As usual, first-rate composition and production! Really liked how you 'hung' the chorus on the word 'everything'-- excellent song architecture. Don't you agree that the hallmark of a worthy song is that some portion of it is memorable, even after listening? I think you have this with the word 'everything'. A listener might not remember the details of the song, but that last simple phrase (music and lyric)--"everything"--sticks in the min
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: NEW SONG: "Temporal Glitch" (VI #3) by GocartMoz @ Today at 06:51 AM

Really enjoyed the piano. With the sound of the waves in the beginning, it kind of got me in a George Winston mood, with the seasonal oompositions he has put out. His December remains one of my all time favorites. I must admit I liked the piano moreso than the other instruments that found there way into the piece. For me, they distracted from the soothing nature of the piano. All subjective though. Interesting piece for sure. Dave
Off-Topic
Jump to new posts Re: New Number One Album Of ALL TIME by Deryk - PG Music @ Today at 06:49 AM

Wow - congrats to the Eagles Never been a huge fan myself, but I can acknowledge all they've done for music. Something that blew me away, is that this greatest hits album doesn't include Hotel California on it - arguably their most famous song. That's because this Greatest Hits album is 1971-1975, whereas Hotel California didn't come out until 1976. If that isn't a testament to their accomplishments, I don't know what is.
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Everything by GocartMoz @ Today at 06:44 AM

Back to what it is all about … Love Songs. Great stuff Floyd. I too love the simplicity of the structure, theme and song. Back to basics and pure gold. Your voice is always the star of the show and this is no different. Congrats on another great tune. Dave
RealBand
Jump to new posts Re: Volume difference between BB and RB by 2bSolo @ Today at 06:36 AM

Just checked the Plug-ins on the Combo slot. It says None. I think I can work around this problem. However, this is one more thing that makes me think I need a new DAW to use with BIAB. Crashes, inconsistent performance, inexplicable events. I guess it is time to try some of the free trials. Who knows? Maybe they are all this glitchy and I will be happy to return to RB. We'll see. Thanks to all for your help!
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Everything by David Snyder @ Today at 06:36 AM

Hey Floyd, This is great. Loved the simplicity of it. Funny there seems to be some similarity of themes on the forum these days--some kinda zeitgeist. It's a good zeitgeist. Excellent production man. Real ear candy all the way through. Gorgeous and sincere vocals too.
Off-Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Aretha Franklin Bio by Deryk - PG Music @ Today at 06:33 AM

Wow - this was beautiful and hit on some many valid points. She will be missed
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Everything by 90 dB @ Today at 06:31 AM

This is exceptional. Well done. Regards, Lefty
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2018 Users LOVE Xtra Styles PAK 5!

We're excited to offer Xtra Styles PAK 5, with over 160 fully-mixed styles, including 35 new MIDI Styles... LOOK MA - ALL MIDI!

But, we're not the only ones in love with Xtra Styles PAK 5 - here's what you're saying:
"Wow! That's quite a collection!"
"I love the quality sound and variety i have to work with!"
"Really appreciate all the new MIDI styles!"
"These have already helped my rhythm and intonation and given new life to my practice. And it is SO MUCH FUN."
"Simply awesome. Thanks, everyone at PG!"
"A great new PAK indeed!"
"Great new collection here!"
"I love the quality sound and variety i have to work with!"
"Way to go, PG Music!"
"Oh, they've made ALL-MIDI styles!!!"
"Best move I've ever made!"
"These new RealStyles are amazingly creative!"
"Outstanding!"
"Oh! Goody!!"

Save 40% when you purchase Xtra Styles PAK 5 for just $29 (reg. $49) during our special, which ends August 31st!
Click here to learn more, listen to demos, or order today!

Then, don't forget to enter your song, created using these new Styles, in our Xtra Styles PAK 5 Song Contest for your chance to win $150 PG Bucks!

Video - Audio Driver Setup Tutorial for Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows

Watch this video for a quick tutorial on setting up your audio drivers in Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows! Video link: http://www.pgmusic.com/?vid=t0_CHbjWrLA

Video - Band-in-a-Box®: Count-in & Metronome Tutorial

Our latest video release is our Band-in-a-Box®: Count-in & Metronome Tutorial! By default, Band-in-a-Box® has a two bar count-in. Watch this tutorial for a quick explanation of all the options available within this feature! Click here to watch...

#TipTuesday - Adding Motion and Dynamics to your String Tracks

Join our forum, and you'll be surrounded by some AMAZING Band-in-a-Box users! Like DeaconBlues09, who recenty shared their own "Tip" to our Tips & Tricks forum - check it out! Post: Adding motion and dynamics to your string tracks

Thanks for sharing, DeaconBlues09!

Band-in-a-Box 2018® pour Mac - French Release!

Nous avons été très occupés à travailler sur Band-in-a-Box® durant l'année 2017, celà s'est traduit par la création de plus de 50 nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que l'apport d'une incroyable collection de nouveaux contenus, à savoir: des RealTracks, des SuperTracks MIDI, des Études d'Instruments, des Boucles, des Prestations d'Artistes, des Préréglages Amplitube et styles associés, des RealTracks dans les 12 tonalités et une Notation Guitare Hi-Q!

http://www.bandinabox.com/bb.php?os=mac&lang=fr

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 für Mac - German release!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung von neuen Inhalten, mit RealTracks, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studien, Loops (Schleifen), Künstler Performances, Amplitube Presets und dazugehörenden Styles, 12-Tonarten RealTracks und Hi-Q Gitarren Notation, hinzugefügt!

www.bandinabox.com/bb.new.php?os=mac&lang=de

Video - Activating Band-in-a-Box® for Mac®

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac® comes with your own unique activation code that you must add to the program within 30 days. Not sure how? Watch this quick video: http://www.pgmusic.com/?vid=RI1rK19uXIs

Forum Stats
27839 Members
57 Forums
53178 Topics
440754 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
Guitarrocks, helmut_K, Jerome1968, jfrances, LatinoMike

27838 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
David Snyder 139
Al-David 130