Latest Threads | Latest Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hrs | 48 hrs | 7 days | 30 days
Re: Falling dcuny 17 minutes ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Hi, David.
Originally Posted by David Snyder
Very pretty David.
Thanks!
This sounds like a nice song resurrection.
Yeah, it turned out better than I had any right to expect.
Man, your vocals sound awesome! Dude you have some pipes!!!!
Oh, I've got some pipes, but they don't sound this good. That's all synthetic voices. It's good to hear from you - thanks for stopping by! smile
Replies 13 Views 69 Read More
Re: Falling dcuny 19 minutes ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Hi, Marty.
Originally Posted by BabuMusic
SO good, David. Good write, and you fashioned Oscar so well.
Well, Oscar did most of the work. wink
I really enjoy the backing track --so well put together and softly dynamic.
Thanks! BiaB did most of the heavy lifting. It's mostly just a matter of finding instruments that work well, and using them in the right place.
Man, changing it from C down to G is a big jump. I wonder how Oscar would do up there. Maybe Natalie. Never mind. This is perfect as is.
Well, I started off in C, and it was too high for most of them. Obviously, you're going to get different vocal qualities in different registers. So while Oscar could sing up there, the emotional quality wouldn't quite be the same. Thanks for stopping by and your kind words! smile
Re: Falling dcuny 22 minutes ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Hi, Nigel.
Originally Posted by NigelSpiers
Very nice melody and backing and as always I am in awe of the Synthesizer V vocals.
Thanks!
Sounds like a lot of work went into producing this - Well done.
Thanks again! I appreciate the positive comments! smile
Re: Fat Guy, a song done by Marty and me dcuny 25 minutes ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Hi, Hans. I enjoyed the song, from a musical standpoint, that is. laugh IMO, It's the same message fat people have heard for years: If only you ate less and exercised more, you wouldn't be fat. But most people who diet end up gaining back the weight and more, and an exercise routine is difficult for most people to maintain. Certainly, obesity is a real issue. But from what I've heard from fat people who get told this, this particular message is rarely helpful. Still, nicely done. And yes, even the bass. wink
Replies 3 Views 48 Read More
Re: ♫ Till The End Of Time dcuny 43 minutes ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Hi, Noel. You are frighteningly good at writing positive songs. These lyrics are quintessential Noel Adams: A touch of alliteration, a "feel good" lyric:    Glistening golden hair and your face is like the sun    Shining bright, warming everyone You weren't thinking "time to change up the rhythmic pattern a bit" when you wrote this, were you?    With relics from a Celtic shrine that bend heaven’s design Because you're probably the most analytic writer on this forum, and despite how effortless it all sounds, I know nothing is in your songs that hasn't been thoroughly thought out. smile But it's not just the lyrics, but it's also the way you sing - shaping each syllable. There's a quality of earnestness in your vocal that's disarming. Hayden fits in well with you - nice work. But then, it's all nice work. laugh
Replies 10 Views 179 Read More
Re: WALKING COUNTRY SONG_David Snyder dcuny 1 hour ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Hi, Dave. When you get an idea, you really run with it! laugh Good and musical. Catchy and fun. And shockingly free of sarcasm. wink
Replies 18 Views 191 Read More
Re: Another for the wall: Time Waits For No One dcuny 1 hour ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Hi, Wayne. Could you post the link to the song at the top of your post instead in your signature? It took me forever to figure out how to find the song. With the complaint out of the way... I like the song - high energy! smile
Replies 4 Views 45 Read More
Re: Real Time Arranging Matt Finley 2 hours ago Forum: Band-in-a-Box Wishlist Jump to new postsJump to new posts
I don't think a computer that you would take to a gig would have enough processing power to do this live, even now, and certainly not in 2008. 2008 was the start of RealDums, followed by RealTracks. But maybe using MIDI this might be possible.
Replies 2 Views 3,029 Read More
Re: Band in a Box for linux musocity 2 hours ago Forum: Band-in-a-Box Wishlist Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Where are all these Linux users now that wanted a Linux version of Biab ? There used to be so many posts back then compared to how it is now, pretty dead frown Maybe if there was a Linux version there would be more sales, more users ? At least get it to work under Wine or better still get the Biab JUCE plugin/plugin standalone working as an all in one self-contained crossplatform Win Lin Mac.
Replies 21 Views 44,139 Read More
Re: Desert moon dcuny 2 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Hi, Mike. Ambient music isn't a thing I usually listen to, but I enjoyed this. So... Unqualified success! smile
Replies 3 Views 53 Read More
Re: Real Time Arranging musocity 2 hours ago Forum: Band-in-a-Box Wishlist Jump to new postsJump to new posts
+1 That's not a bad idea ! from a long time ago before I had Biab, 2008, I wonder if we will see it before 2028 ?
Replies 2 Views 3,029 Read More
Re: One June 6, Forty Four dcuny 2 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Hi, Laurent. I loved the video - well done.
Replies 10 Views 72 Read More
Re: I'm Not Ready dcuny 2 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Hi, floyd jane. Where to begin? It's a great write, with a the first line sets the entire conflict: "i know our meetings with the counselor aren't going very well" I love the use of opposites - especially how "near to" in the second line links back "close/far" in the prior line. Even "you/I" are opposites: when i hold you close, you're so far away seems you're just this near to leavin', but i gotta make you stay Nice rhyme with "photographs/epitaph". And I love the economy of: if i lose you there'll be nothing left of me It beats the long-winded version I'd have written. laugh You plaintive vocals are perfect here, and the arrangement and mix are stellar. Most importantly, it gives the "the feels", which is what songs should be all about. Excellent, as usual. What a treat!
Replies 6 Views 95 Read More
Re: One June 6, Forty Four cubanpete 3 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Fine tribute indeed. Thanks for posting this. Cheers Mike B.
Replies 10 Views 72 Read More
Re: Falling cubanpete 3 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Very impressive. A lot of work on this one, but it sure paid off. Cheers Mike B.
Re: Which guitar RT is similar to this one? musocity 3 hours ago Forum: Band-in-a-Box for Windows Jump to new postsJump to new posts
844 845 846 Guitar, Electric, Rhythm CountryRockPopping Ev 120 A lively guitar rhythm style, with a twangy country electric guitar tone. The 'A' section plays syncopated chords, and the 'B' section plays a busier accompaniment. Tempo range: 110 - 140 bpm
Replies 7 Views 234 Read More
Re: Desert moon cubanpete 3 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Well Mario, thanks. Coming from a master of ambient tunes is a real treat. Cheers Mike B.
Replies 3 Views 53 Read More
Re: Cover bands vs. the alternatives - the choices for making money while making music. Planobilly 3 hours ago Forum: Off-Topic Jump to new postsJump to new posts
We never played many true covers. Some covers yes but very different from the original. We never had any more difficulty selling originals than covers. I think that was because of the really exceptional musicians I got to play with and the fact we were serious about entertaining. I ran the band like the business it was, developed a product that we could sell and made better money that most. That always worked until it did not. You know, band dramma, sex, drugs, and rock in roll. I never depended on any one thing to provide income. I have not often been put off by my many "day jobs". There are several things I like as well as playing music. Flying aircraft for one thing, not that the pay was very consistant plus some of the flying should have gotton me killed. Running small ships which was great fun and paid well enough. Nothing I ever did paid well enough until I stopped working for other people and started having other people work for me. Making money has never been easy for me at least but it has almost always been super fun. Even today I can hardly sit still for daylight to get up and go do some sort of work, what ever that work may be. Is some of it a PITB? Well yes, at times but that is also true of playing music. Nothing that can be done does not have some sort of down side along the way. As soon as I left home at a very early age I decided I would never be poor again and I never have. I have been broke a time or two but never poor again. I think most anyone can do most anything they want to in music or anything else for that matter if they are willing to work really hard. People with money are willing to do things that people without money are not willing to do. There are things that one needs to understand about making money. Music does not pay as well as some other things even if you are Taylor Swift. Opportunitys to advance in the music world do not exist on every street corner and you have to make your own "luck" Many people who have become well known and made real money in the music business have had to do things most of us would never agree to do. Such a sleep on other peoples couch for years. Go do what ever you really want to do and don't let anyone tell you that you can not and do not be discourged by the thousands of hours it takes to get where you want to go. Billy
Replies 11 Views 268 Read More
Re: Falling Noel96 3 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Hi David. What an arrangement! This is fantastic. You really know your stuff. The intro was awesome and really captured my imagination and segued into a superb production. I loved what you did with Synth V. Until this presentation, I had not heard Oscar, now I've added him to my 'to buy' list. I really enjoyed the song, and I enjoyed all the images that sprang into my mind as I traveled along on your musical journey. It's always a pleasure listening to your work! You never disappoint smile --Noel
Re: Which guitar RT is similar to this one? swingbabymix 4 hours ago Forum: Band-in-a-Box for Windows Jump to new postsJump to new posts
The guitar rhythm at the beginning of this song is nice. Which RT is more similar?
Replies 7 Views 234 Read More
Re: What is a Chorus? Planobilly 4 hours ago Forum: Beginners Forum Jump to new postsJump to new posts
BB has more than a few ideas all it's own. It calls things in what could be considered by some to be non standard terms. Questions have to be ask for some one new to figure it out. BB will never be construed as intuitive, but when in Rome... At some point I guess everyone just understands "it is what it is". Confusing yes, perplexing yes, bewildering perhaps. It is a very useful piece of software that takes a bit of time to understand and even longer to find the many many ways it can be used. We should have been prepaired for this, we were told... "There's a sign on the wall, but she wants to be sure 'Cause you know sometimes words have two meanings Ooh, it makes me wonder Ooh, makes me wonder" Cheers M8 Billy
Replies 21 Views 804 Read More
Re: Reset Tracks window mkg50 (Mike G) 5 hours ago Forum: RealBand Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Thanks rharv. Following your suggestion, I have now posted my question to the RealBand/Wishlist forum. Cheers, Mike
Replies 2 Views 45 Read More
Reset Tracks window mkg50 (Mike G) 5 hours ago Forum: RealBand Wishlist Jump to new postsJump to new posts
I would like a one click option to reset RealBand's tracks window so that vertically expanded tracks (and nodes view) revert to default view, which shows maximum number of tracks on the screen. It seems unnecessarily laborious to resize each track just to get back to default view. Thanks, Mike
Replies 0 Views 16 Read More
RB ICON ARRANGEMENT. justanoldmuso 6 hours ago Forum: RealBand Wishlist Jump to new postsJump to new posts
i keep on forgeting to post this wish..but working in rb today it came up again........... i like to use ctrl T to work in the rb tracks view that isnt clluttered with lots of icons...But it would be nice to decide which rb icons and thus features i want in the less cluttered ctrl T view. ie so i can custom set up the icons i want in the less cluttered view. so im not switching ctrl T views often. for example there are icons in the many icons view i would only rarely use. maybe a special button on less cluttered view called icons and when clicked a list of icons pops up so a user can decided his/her icons used ?? dont get me wrong...i was reminded today of the many many features of RB which of course means lots of user feature choices and thus icons. i just would like to dismiss the icons i rarely use. in summary the user decides on icon rows needed and hides others. so the maximum amount of real estate is occupied by tracks. let me say ..so im not taken in the wrong way...today i tried another daw to see if it had any features i might find usefull....and realised very quickly just the opposite...i would lose various features that rb has....i would just like to see this minor wish implemented so im not flitting tween the two ctrl T track views. just an idea....cos i do the my work mostly in tracks view. happiness. om 🇨🇦 🇬🇧
Replies 0 Views 5 Read More
Re: I'm Not Ready Noel96 6 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
HI floyd. Wow! This one really tugs at the heartstrings 😢 and this 'tugging' it amplified by excellent writing, a superb arrangement, an equally superb production, and a truly outstanding performance. I seriously love what you and Bill have done. The genderless lyrics are perfect for both male and female vocalists. This thought crossed my mind somewhere mid-song, and when it did, I found myself wondering what kind of difference a female singer would have brought to my listening experience. Have you ever had the opportunity to hear a woman sing this? (I'm just curious.) The chorus is powerful-plus, and the mystery of what the bridge lyrics are referring to was a really clever idea for emotional development. It's a technique that has never once occurred to me. It's such a great idea, though. What stood out to me most was the triplet rhyme of me/be/memory at the end of the chorus, and that pause that's full of expectation before "just a memory". The way these lyrics flowed kept my mind thinking about the song's story beyond the close of the chorus. As I see it, that's '10th dan black-belt' lyric writing! I really enjoyed where you took me with this superbly crafted composition and presentation. --Noel
Replies 6 Views 95 Read More
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,612
Posts735,090
Members38,515
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
TonyInManchester, jslynbrrs01, amdwilsns01, Juan Jose, BroDon
38,515 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 185