Latest Topics | Latest Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hrs | 48 hrs | 7 days | 30 days
Forum   Subject
Recording, Mixing, Performance and Production
Jump to new posts Re: Setting Permanent markers in Reaper by Noel96 @ Today at 09:43 PM

Tangmo, Have a look at the below video. I found it very instructional when I was trying to get the most from markers. The video is 15 minutes long and is about Markers and Regions in Reaper. It's by Kenny Gioia (my favourite Reaper teacher.) In case it's useful information, Kenny's full collection of videos can be found at... http://www.kennymania.com/reaper-videos/ Regards, Noel
Jump to new posts Re: Drag and Drop by Noel96 @ Today at 09:33 PM

Hi Wish, The fact that you can save a wav file using the "Track Actions" method indicates that everything in BIAB is running as it should and is working properly. That the drag and drop to Reaper doesn't work suggests that the problem might well be because your version of Reaper is 64 bit. You mentioned this some time back and I wasn't sure if it would impact. Because I have j-bridge which runs automatically when needed, it might have kicked in even though I didn't see any evidence
Off-Topic
Mike, I was impressed back in 2006, and blown away today. Actually, a "Band in a Box" was EXACTLY what I was looking for, so it was aptly named in my case.
Jump to new posts Re: Do you recall this post? by Tobias @ Today at 09:20 PM

Your post says "VSTi" which are instruments. The ones I use very often are. Studio Instruments that come free with a free download of Cakewalk by BandLab. I got them by buying Music Creator 7 but now you can get them for free. Drums, Bass, Electric Piano and Strings. Not sure if it still comes with the TTS-1 midi synth but I often use that as a quick reference for things like trying BIAB midi styles or midi files I download from the internet. I rarely keep any of it in a final mix. B
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: New Mix: "The Look In Your Eyes" by rayc @ Today at 09:05 PM

There's an odd click at 0.18.
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Show Me by rayc @ Today at 09:03 PM

Good melody and the voice is quite unique - in a good way. It's probably but the drums seem to lean to one side away from the chugging guitar - or it may be that guitar is masking the drums a little on its side. Cool song. Well done to both of you.
Songwriting
Originally Posted By: rockstar_notIf I understand correctly, you want a style that will hold down a single note over many measures; the essential definition of pedal point bass. Is that correct? Yes, or a real track that does similar. I don't want a solid "tone" as in tone-generator, but a something that holds the note. I'm trying to generate a track to add to a mix that will take the place of (or be the equivalent of) an organist holding the pedal down. Sorry I didn't see this e
Songwriting
Jump to new posts Re: Track / tune / song critique thread by Tobias @ Today at 08:47 PM

Has anyone read this book? https://www.amazon.com/Songwriting-Wrongs-How-Right-Them/product-reviews/0898795087 88 Songwriting Wrongs and How to Right Them. I read it years ago and found it invaluable. It helped me to become my own first critic.
Off-Topic
Jump to new posts Country music evolution by pghboemike @ Today at 08:34 PM

http://www.vulture.com/2018/08/the-evolution-of-country-music-in-nashville.html
Jump to new posts Re: Need your advice on making the switch. by Matt Finley @ Today at 06:48 PM

There are other threads here on which we discuss mixing quite thoroughly. I confined my comments on this thread exclusively to the issue of using headphones versus nearfield monitors for mixing.
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Goodbyes To Last Sunset by Rustyspoon# @ Today at 06:47 PM

Greg, thank you! On speakers at my place it did, sound ok too, but in reality it is a bit mushy. After years of very fair critique from my wife that my tunes are muddy, I finally understood the cause of the problem after posting a tune here couple of days ago and getting constructive feedback Now, like a good schoolboy I will check frequencies before mixdown! Mike.
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: "Clementine" - My version of a classic by Icelander @ Today at 06:42 PM

Originally Posted By: Will JosefNo problem, I am probably wrong then. :-) No worries...you're new around here p.s. I now noticed your location - Davs, nabo!
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Ver hier vandaan by Robertkc @ Today at 06:36 PM

Rob & Anne-Marie, I enjoy your folkier songs like this where the pure quality of your vocals and feel for a good melody shine through. A lovely song that communicates the sad feeling in any language. Robert
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Solid Ground by Tangmo @ Today at 06:32 PM

Unique, and I mean that in a good way. You did a great job with the progression. The production was nice too, with the instruments coming and going subtly--especially the mando. A very fun listen.
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
Originally Posted By: Kent - PG MusicHi, You'd have to use an MME driver in BIAB, and WAS or ASIO in the amp sim. Not every ASIO driver will allow you to have sound in BIAB while another program is using ASIO though, which we won't have control over unfortunately. Using a hardware amp would make things a lot simpler. In RealBand, if you go to Options - Preferences - Audio, and change the "Input Channel for Mono Tracks" setting to "L+R (two tracks)", then you can record vo
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: In the stars by Tangmo @ Today at 06:15 PM

It wails. A great listen.
Jump to new posts Re: midi not playing in reaper by Jim Fogle @ Today at 06:01 PM

Open Native Access, click the person icon in the top, right part of the screen and then click on the PREFERENCES selection. The bottom of the PREFERENCES screen lists the VST file locations Kontakt uses for both 32 and 64 bit files.
Originally Posted By: MusicStudentOriginally Posted By: woland99I was trying to export separate tracks to external DAW (Reaper and Tracktion). I used drag/drop Master and Guitar1 on MP3 target in Drop area in top left corner. No problems here moving tracks to Reaper, but I don't move them like you do. There is No need for a mp3 render and/or there is no need for using the "drop area". Simply drag the Master radial button or any individual track button on the top over and drop it
User Showcase
Noel, I have been following all the versions of this song... I really love what you and Janice have done here. A tremendous arrangement, vocal and mix. Just the best! Bob
Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Sync Biab playback with my DAW by rharv @ Today at 05:29 PM

In other PGMusic products this is an option/setting somewhere in the MIDI prefs. PT/RB can be either the master or slave for syncing .. if it's the slave it can be set to wait for a start message from the other controlling software/device. I'll see if I can find this setting in BiaB, though your noted messages from BiaB are foreign to me (I'm a novice with BiaB, but experienced with other PGMusic software). *edit All I found is a on/off MIDI sync setting shown in the image below. It appears t
PowerTracks Pro Audio
Jump to new posts Re: Repeating drums patterns by rharv @ Today at 05:12 PM

I select track, click Edit-MIDI-Quantize Set your desired parameters Make sure the From-Thru area contains what you want to quantize. (normally the whole song) Using Select Whole Track (CTRL + A) will do this, before going to the Edit window I mention. .. or make sure you see From 1-1-0 Thru 1000-1-0 like in the image below (unless your song is longer than 1000 measures). IOW, make sure you have selected the desired area on the desired track before hitting Edit.
Off-Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Black Sabbath’s Tony Iommi's thimble fingers by Ember - PG Music @ Today at 05:11 PM

I didn't know about this! Neat find. Thanks for sharing.
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: "SHINE THROUGH" - Praise Song by Tano Music @ Today at 04:55 PM

Eric, Greg, Ember..thanks for listening and for the nice comments!
Jump to new posts Re: Missing Demo Track Online and on Disk - _AURA.STY by VideoTrack @ Today at 04:53 PM

Originally Posted By: jclandFixed it myself by loading the demo song and recording 1 chorus using Total Recorder and then exporting it as a WAV file. I then loaded it into Adobe Audition and SAVED AS a WMA file with the name _AURA.WMA I then placed the WMA file in BB\REALTRACKS\DATA\STYLE DEMOS AUDIO directory and it plays just fine. Good workaround !
Jump to new posts Re: Train Your Brain with Band-in-a-Box® by Guitarhacker @ Today at 04:10 PM

Originally Posted By: Callie - PG Music<b>National Train Your Brain Day</b> is October 13th! Open your Band-in-a-Box® program, and you'll find the [Practice] button in the toolbar - it's a GREAT resource! <i>Minimized your toolbar? Head to Window | Practice Window or ALT SHIFT L to access</i> Train Your Brain with Band-in-a-Box® today! I had forgot that there were games in this program.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® for Windows - User Programmable Functions

But, what if you want to be able to tell the program to do MORE than that?

Head to Chapter 14: User Programmable Functions within the online manual, and you'll learn more about programmable features like:

The StyleMaker
Create brand-new styles or edit existing styles!

Making RealDrums Styles
Template file included! You can either record a drummer, or you can piece together a wave file using drum loops!

The Harmony Maker
Create or edit your own (or existing) harmonies!

The Soloist Maker and The Melodist Maker
Define your own Soloists or Melodists in whichever style you'd like!

The Guitarist Maker
The program will intelligently arrange any melody to a guitar chord solo by inserting real guitar voicings throughout the piece. There are many preloaded Guitarists to choose from, or you can customize existing Guitarists’ settings or make your own Guitarists from scratch using this feature.

#TBT Band-in-a-Box® 2017 Review - Software for Learning Saxophone

McGill Music Sax School posted a video review of Band-in-a-Box® 2017 for Windows last year, stating "I love using software to help learn saxophone. One of my favourite programs is Band-in-a-Box. It's a really powerful tool for quickly making backing tracks I can use for lessons, or my own practice."

Check it out! www.pgmusic.com/?vid=2AgfV7emdLQ

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac - Importing MIDI Files

Did you know that Standard MIDI files can be read in to the Melodist or Soloist track within Band-in-a-Box? You can use all of the MIDI File, or select channels or a specific range of bars, using these steps:
1. Melody | Import Melody from MIDI File to select a MIDI file from disk using the file dialog.
2. Melody | Import Melody from Clipboard - when the MIDI data is already copied from another program to the
clipboard.

A new window will open, asking for additional criteria - which channels, # of bars to offset..., # of bars to import, include lyrics, include patch changes - and more! Head to our online manual Chapter 10: Working with MIDI to learn more!

YouTube Find - Your First 15 Minutes with Band-in-a-Box

Woody Piano Shack recently got their hands on Band-in-a-Box after a long time without the program - and they're thrilled!!

Check out this video they've shared to their YouTube Channel: https://youtu.be/9dxSfwjBvG0

Thanks Woody Piano Shack!

National Dictionary Day - Guitar & Piano Chord Dictionaries

Today is National Dictionary Day!

We offer 2 dictionaries for just $19 each: the Guitar Chord Dictionary & the Piano Chord Dictionary!

Each of these programs are easy to use! Simply choose a root note, select the chord you want to learn, and the Dictionary will play and display the chord!

An Essential Tool for any Musician!

User Tip - Band-in-a-Box® to Reaper: The Basics

Forum user DeaconBlues09 has created a video to demonstrate how easy the process is for them to streamline their workflow with DAWs, particularly Reaper - check it out: click here to watch.

Join the forum discussion.

Train Your Brain with Band-in-a-Box®

National Train Your Brain Day is October 13th!

Open your Band-in-a-Box® program, and you'll find the [Practice] button in the toolbar - it's a GREAT resource!
Minimized your toolbar? Head to Window | Practice Window or ALT SHIFT L to access

In this window, you'll find many options to help you practice, including Ear Training games, access to the Chord Builder and Chord Subs, some helpful tools within the Playalong Features menu, and more!

Train Your Brain with Band-in-a-Box® today!

Forum Stats
28091 Members
57 Forums
54486 Topics
450669 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
sergio2018, Pellegrino, Vladislav, tjohnson1800, RickyWonder

28090 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Noel96 204
Matt Finley 144