Latest Topics | Latest Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hrs | 48 hrs | 7 days | 30 days
Forum   Subject
RealBand
Jump to new posts Re: Why can't I generate a Real Track in RB? by Bob Calver @ 13 minutes 45 seconds ago

seq file is too big to post
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: APPLE OF MY EYE by JoanneCooper @ 14 minutes 57 seconds ago

Very nice Torrey. Excellent work on the guitar.
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: One Piece by JoanneCooper @ 20 minutes 11 seconds ago

RayC. Thanks so much for sending your mix of One Piece. I like it very much. The vocal is very clear. On the harmonies, you may have noticed that they were cloned from the load vocal (using Melodyne) and then duplicated. When I duplicate I generally pan them out left and right and move the one over by a few cents so that they dont cancel each other out. Interesting with the mono mix but you can immediately hear the difference with the stereo one. Robert - Thanks for your kind words. I also lik
Off-Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Our Very Own Joanne Wilson-Cooper (60 min) by JoanneCooper @ Today at 01:01 AM

Originally Posted By: Don GaynorOriginally Posted By: JoanneCooperThanks Don!! A bit of work needed before we hit the stage at Grahamstown for the National Arts Festival! Dear friend, You still hold the record for traveling the farthest to visit me and entertain we fossils out of the kindness of your heart. I know that you had another destination but I prefer to think I was the sole reason that you came 10,000 miles to visit. lol You certainly made one bent old Irishman happy! Thank you, You
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: TUNE 4 by rayc @ Yesterday at 11:45 PM

Very tidy jazz with a bit of energy against the swing which is cool.
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: What Goes On? (Prodigal Son Trilogy) by rayc @ Yesterday at 11:42 PM

The arrangement reminded me of The Butcher's Tale form The Zombies break up album. Cool.
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: NEW Original Song "Second Thoughts" by rayc @ Yesterday at 11:39 PM

It's a very cool collaboration. Nice BIAB arrangement and well played addition stuff. The only nit I would pick is that the very 1st syllable is weak in comparison to the rest of the line - that'd only take a 10 tweak to fix then you have a dead set classic 70s singer songwriter piece.
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: No White Flag with ScottC by rayc @ Yesterday at 11:36 PM

Robert, a cool combo of sounds and some lovely guitar work on top. The lyrics paint a great story. This could fit nicely with the tracks on Nick Cave's Murder Ballads album.
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Avalanche by rayc @ Yesterday at 11:27 PM

Bob, vintage & folky indeed - though the bass line is a bit busy - you've pulled together an ace arrangement and your intimate vocals work well within it. I still get that pleasant Rod McKuen vibe.
User Showcase
Wow, this swings. Made me think of Andrews Sisters swinging stuff. Well done everyone involved.
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
Jump to new posts What Hotkeys Do You Use or Need by Pipeline @ Yesterday at 10:05 PM

If you post the most common Biab actions, hotkeys you use or need I will try to add them to the Chord Picker Tool default User Action Buttons, any of these can also be set to the middle mouse button to save going through tress of menus. Free Biab Chord Picker Tool
Band-in-a-Box for Macintosh
Jump to new posts Drum track has no sound by w @ Yesterday at 09:52 PM

Anyone hear the drum track ? screen views
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Jump to new posts Re: The Ability To Program up to 8 Chords in a Bar by Pipeline @ Yesterday at 08:41 PM

You can run RapidComposer in Biab as a vst, it will give you as many chord changes per bar as you like, but I have enough trouble playing 2 chords per bar. You can load the RealCharts into RapidComposer ,use Sforzando and they will automatically change with the chord changes. In the pic below they are just held chords.
Recording, Mixing, Performance and Production
Jump to new posts Re: Using plugins on vocals by lambada @ Yesterday at 08:10 PM

Wow Rockstar_not. What a great post. I had no idea about the computer screen. My dog house sized room has my tube valve amp a foot from my screen. Time to make some serious changes. I need to do my vocals in a studio and accept that it's not possible in my dog house sized life in Hong Kong. Not to mention the TV, dogs, family and fridge....
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Jump to new posts Re: Song repair function by Trygve Larsen @ Yesterday at 08:03 PM

+1
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Jump to new posts Re: Integrate Pipeline's Chord Picker Tool Into Band-in-a-Box by Trygve Larsen @ Yesterday at 07:55 PM

+1
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
Just update Win10, ver. 1803, BIAB can not load WAS. The Window Audio session error:"Could not find device that matches the name.The error number is -9985 "
User Showcase
Very enjoyable listen Shigeki. I really like the bossa rhythm. Very cool feel to the music. Loved the vocal. Well done
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: The Writing on the Wall by dcuny @ Yesterday at 06:09 PM

Originally Posted By: RobertkcDefinite Ringo/Nick Lowe Brit. pop sound which is so easy to like. Thanks, Robert! I appreciate the compliment. But are we talking early "pop" Nick, or the current "country" version? I saw Nick play last year with Los Straitjackets, and he can put on a show! And I saw him a couple years prior to that in a solo show at a little local venue, and he was awesome. I wish I had that kind of energy.... ever! Thanks again!
Off-Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Don Junior Doing A CCR Parody (Sure to offend everyone) by Don Gaynor @ Yesterday at 05:48 PM

Originally Posted By: MarioDGood one! If I remember correctly I heard this on Bob Rivers' Twisted Tunes. Dear friend, Mario, Yes, Don was on every one of Bob's Twisted Tunes albums (about 15) mostly doing his John Fogarty impression although Don does the "Baseball Strike Song" and a few others in his own voice. Bob Rivers is semi-retired and teaches a Broadcasting Course at Green River College in Auburn, Washington which includes teaching BIAB. (wink) I consider Bob to be a parody
Band-in-a-Box for Macintosh
^ Thomas, These days there are many " clouds " for file sharing and storage that are very easy to find. I have been using https://www.mediafire.com/ for many years ( not the pro version which costs and far beyond my needs ) . On occasion i have used https://zippyshare.com/ And so, it's your choice/decision.
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: WATCHING YOU by MarioD @ Yesterday at 04:18 PM

A super strong vocal backed by the perfect RTs. Those MIDI strings were nice touch. Your hard work paid off as the mix was spot on!
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Jump to new posts Vocals PAK by StrumBum @ Yesterday at 04:14 PM

Is there any chance you will be expanding the Vocals (oohs and Aahs, etc) and will you make a PAK just for the vocals. They are excellent for those of us without backup to support us. Thanks.
Off-Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Riffstation chord detection software now FREE. by Jim Fogle @ Yesterday at 04:06 PM

ks for taking time to share your find with us. The program looks like something fun to play with.
Recording, Mixing, Performance and Production
Jump to new posts Re: Isolated vocals - Lets hear yours! by StrumBum @ Yesterday at 04:06 PM

Very nice job. You sound great.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
PG Music News
Video - 202 NEW RealTracks for Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac!

With the release of Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac we also released 202 NEW RealTracks (in Sets 278-300)!

Listen to all the individual demos here: www.pgmusic.com/bbmac.202newrealtracks.htm, or watch our Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac - 202 New RealTracks Overview Video: http://www.pgmusic.com/?vid=7ZrfGSqjaOU

Get all 202 new RealTracks when you purchase any Band-in-a-Box® 2018 UltraPAK, Audiophile Edition, or the PlusPAK upgrade - on sale until May 31st!

Holiday Hours - Monday, May 21st

We're celebrating Victoria Day on Monday, May 21st. Our hours for the long weekend will be:

Customer Service:
Saturday, May 19: 7:00am - 5:00pm PST
Sunday, May 20: 8:00am - 4:00pm PST
Monday, May 21: 8:00am - 4:00pm PST

Technical Support:
Closed (will re-open Tues, May 22 at 10am PST)

Video - The Audio Chord Wizard in Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac boasts over 50 new features and enhancements... including the Build-in Audio Chord Wizard!

The Audio Chord Wizard has been redesigned and is now built into Band-in-a-Box®. Previously, the Audio Chord Wizard was a separate app and not tightly integrated into Band-in-a-Box®. This app is still available from the [Audio Chord Wizard] toolbar button, but the improved built-in Audio Chord Wizard can be accessed from the Audio Edit window.

Watch our latest video to learn more: Video link - Audio Chord Wizard in Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac

Video - Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac - Everything You Need to Know in Under 5 Minutes!

Want to quickly see the new features included in Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac in action?

Check out this video, Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac® ! Everything you need to know in under 5 minutes*: http://www.pgmusic.com/?vid=XSSQpijRyxk

*The video includes an extra 2 minutes for the 49-PAK! The first 5 minutes show you all of the great new features and content available with Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac®, and it's followed by additional video showing off the 2018 49-PAK for Mac.

Xtra Styles PAKs are ON SALE until May 31st!

Xtra Styles PAK 4 was initially released with our Windows version of Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows, and with the release of our Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac, we're having a sale!

Xtra Styles PAK 4 has over 150 RealStyles for Rock-Pop, Jazz, Country, and 'Folk and Beyond' styles, which work with the RealTracks included in any Band-in-a-Box® version 2017 or higher UltraPAK/UltraPlusPAK, EverythingPAK, or Audiophile Edition!

We've put all of our Xtra Styles PAKs on SALE until May 31st! Purchase any Xtra Styles PAK (1 - 4) for just $29 each! (reg. $49) http://www.pgmusic.com/xtrastyles.php?os=mac

Listen to all the demos of these new Xtra Styles here, or check out this video: http://www.pgmusic.com/?vid=Zl_wr47d2V0

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac - 45 Requests Fulfilled!

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac is here, and there's more than 80 new features! We've answered some user requests with this release, including:

Q. I am learning guitar. The RealTracks are very helpful in that I can hear great guitar players, and most of the tracks have tab and notation as well. But there is much more to guitar, could you include some videos of some of the RealTracks Artists? Because I would learn much more from seeing a guitarist than just hearing them.

A. We have a major new feature called "Video RealTracks." These work and sound like RealTracks, but you get to see a video of the Guitarist (or whatever instrument) playing as well. The amazing thing is that this works with any chord progression you type in. So, if you want to learn to play like the great guitarist Brent Mason, for example, you can type in chords to any progression you are interested in, and then hear and see a video of Brent soloing over your progression. Now you can learn much quicker, as it helps to see how a musician is performing, as well as to hear.

Q. I use the feature to make a video of the chord sheet from a Band-in-a-Box song. I use it to make backing tracks and upload them to YouTube. But these don't include any notation for the melody and lyrics of my songs. My viewers would like to see the melody and lyrics too. Is there a way you can include the melody in the video? I've tried recording this with screen capture programs, but it's time consuming, recording in real time, and the audio quality and sync are not that good.

A. Yes, Band-in-a-Box 2018 can do this now. You can save your song as a video of the notation track. So that includes the notation, guitar tab, and lyrics. And saving the whole video and audio just takes a few seconds, much faster than real time recording. Just load in your song with chords, melody, lyrics, and/or guitar tab, and press Save-As Notation Video. Your song will be up on YouTube in no time!

Q. I am songwriter and uses Band-in-a-Box to make backing tracks for my productions. I'm starting to make videos and upload them to YouTube. Can Band-in-a-Box help with my production videos?

A. Band-in-a-Box 2018 can now make videos with Video RealTracks, of the musicians performing the RealTracks. And they are playing along to your song's chord progression. You can include these videos in your own song performance, which adds a nice visual element.

Q. I use the Audio Harmonies in Band-in-a-Box. But I find the harmonies simplistic, in that they are mainly using chord tones. The Band-in-a-Box MIDI harmonies are more sophisticated, using passing tones. Why can't my Audio Harmonies work like that?

A. We've added support for new types of Audio Harmonies in the Audio Edit Window. These do allow you to choose any Band-in-a-Box MIDI harmony that has passing tones or sophisticated jazz voicings (adding 4 parts to make a 5-part jazz voicing for example). Band-in-a-Box automatically figures out the MIDI version of your melody so it uses this to create the harmonies.

Q. The new toolbar is nice, but needs more color options. Too much grey! How about skins?

A. We've added support for skins, and you can choose color or grey scale options for toolbar, mixer etc.

And more!!!

All of the new features in Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac can be reviewed at http://www.pgmusic.com/bbmac.new.htm

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac is Here - Up to 40% off Upgrades!

Just released: Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac with over 50 new features, 202 New RealTracks, 40 NEW Video RealTracks, 32 new MIDI SuperTracks, 108 new Instrumental Studies, 8 new Artist Performances, 52 new loops, and 40 AmpliTube presets with 37 associated styles!

We're having a SALE on Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac Upgrade purchases until May 31, 2018 - save up to 40% when you purchase your Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac Upgrade!

This year we are celebrating 30 YEARS of Band-in-a-Box®! We've packed our Free Bonus PAK & 49-PAK with some amazing Add-ons: www.pgmusic.com/bbmac.bonuspaks_2018.htm

If you check out http://www.pgmusic.com/bbmac.packages.htm, you'll see the new 2018 package options available. To summarize:

Band-in-a-Box® Pro $129
Upgrade from Version 2017: $59 (reg: $69)
Upgrade from Version 2016 or earlier or crossgrade: $69 (reg: $79)
Special 2018 Program Update from 2017: $49 **Requires Version 2017. Includes version 2018 program updates only. (No other Add-ons or Bonus PAK)

Band-in-a-Box® MegaPAK $269
Upgrade from Version 2017: $89 (reg: $149)
Upgrade from Version 2016: $99 (reg: $159)

Band-in-a-Box® PlusPAK
Upgrade from Version 2017: $99 (reg: $129)
(The PlusPAK is designed to upgrade 2017 UltraPlusPAK & EverythingPAK users who are downloading their upgrade or do not want to purchase a new hard drive)

NEW! Band-in-a-Box® UltraPAK Formerly the UltraPlusPAK $469
Upgrade from Version 2017: $149 (reg: $279)
Upgrade from Version 2016 or earlier or crossgrade: $169 (reg: $299)

Band-in-a-Box® Audiophile Edition $669
Upgrade from Version 2017 Audiophile: $199 - limited time offer!
Upgrade from 2017: $479
Upgrade from Version 2016 or earlier or crossgrade: $499
Upgrade from any previous Audiophile: $299

Learn more about all the new features in Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac: www.pgmusic.com/bbmac.new.htm

Forum Stats
27502 Members
50 Forums
51769 Topics
427710 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
Maish007, BigPoppa425, Carlo74, DSArts, giambamt

27501 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Icelander 421
zedd 190