Latest Topics | Latest Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hrs | 48 hrs | 7 days | 30 days
Forum   Subject
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Within Time by floyd jane @ Today at 07:09 AM

Randall, Welcome to the Showcase. A nice listen - a nice snappy pace to this. I agree with Dave's advice - your guitar should be close to center since it is the "singer" here... Enjoyed. floyd
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: new project just started by floyd jane @ Today at 07:03 AM

A great listen, Eric - as always. Such a sweet tone and melodic playing. The sax seems a little louder than the guitar - I'd bring it down a bit - let that guitar be the star... floyd
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Blow Me In The Wind by jannesan @ Today at 07:01 AM

Originally Posted By: Janice & BudWell, if you are a fan of double entendres then this is a feast!!! Clever, cool and fun! J&B Thanks Janice and Bud for listening and giving nice review Janne
User Showcase
Jump to new posts new project just started by F.M.M. @ Today at 07:00 AM

hey guys started in bandlab then put chords in biab for bass line and sax solo not bad for first shot thanks for listening and comments tracks biab Elec. Bass (36) RealTracks in song: ~1441:Sax, Alto, Soloist JazzFunkGroovin Ev16 110 Style is LEE_RIT.STY (Lee Rit Style) Style MIDI Instruments are : Fretless Elec. Bass https://soundcloud.com/f-m-m/new-project-just-started
Off-Topic
Originally Posted By: Jim FogleI don't know the answer to your question and do not want to hazard a guess. But that is just one symptom of a larger problem. Why aren't things designed to be fixed or recycled when they could easily be designed differently? Why have we become a throwaway society? Because that is the way the manufacturers want it. Back in the old days we had repair shops and/or we could repair things ourselves. Those days are gone.
Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: A few noob questions on BIAB. by MarioD @ Today at 06:52 AM

You have a PM.
User Showcase
Enjoyed the listen, Ed - and the video...
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Vinnie's Vamp by floyd jane @ Today at 06:48 AM

A really nice piece. Truly keeps the ear interested start to finish. A lot of nice surprises with instruments in and out. Enjoyed. fj
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Objectif oasis by Chris37 @ Today at 06:46 AM

Thanks Joe, Mario, Scott, Deryk and Tom ! The choice of the dromedary was quite obvious for me. When you are alone, you feel like in a desert and that's a place where you can meet dromedaries. So, I've invented this travel companion. And in the desert, you need to drink ! So, it was necessary to find an oasis......Christian
Band-in-a-Box for Macintosh
Jump to new posts Re: Getting Noise with BIAB by Islansoul @ Today at 06:36 AM

Originally Posted By: Kent - PG MusicHi Islansoul, Which style are you using? If it's a style that uses Amplitube, those bursts of static are likely happening because your copy of Amplitube has't been activated. The style likely has a non-Amplitube equivalent you can use instead, or we could provide an Amplitube serial number if you contact us directly (support@pgmusic.com). Thanks Kent PG Music Itis the Island Amplitube Sould style.
Recording, Mixing, Performance and Production
Jump to new posts Re: sample tank vs native instruments by MarioD @ Today at 06:35 AM

Beatmaster, I did a quick goggle search for Kontakt. I have Kontakt and I have no idea what is available for SampleTank as I only have the free version of it. I have no idea what you might want to spend so I have include a couple that will work on the free Kontakt Player and some that will only work on the full version of Kontakt. Also note that there are many other guitar patches that are available for both the full version of Kontakt and/or the free Kontakt Player that range from free to ve
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Objectif oasis by Tano Music @ Today at 05:56 AM

I've been waiting for someone to write a tribute song to a dromedary!! Please give us the back-story: what prompted these camel-thoughts? As usual, your style/production, etc. is first-class, and your ideas always interesting to me. I'm very partial to the french touch in music, so this definitely pleases! I found your choice of RT's to be totally 'transparent', meaning that the style and all the instrumental pieces totally supported your overall work without being distractive, and that is
Songwriting
Jump to new posts Writing An Epic Melody by pghboemike @ Today at 05:55 AM

User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Another First from the archives. by Tano Music @ Today at 05:51 AM

Great results from your experiments with BIAB! I agree that the little midi phrases were attention-grabbing between verse and chorus, and you expertly used the 2 different styles--that can be distracting if not done so well as you have done! And I really liked your friends home-made string contribution, very unique sound! Vocals, production, etc. was great. And regarding your lyric idea--I hope each one of us has our own little museum, in our minds, with personal jewels, like this song, th
User Showcase
Ed, thanks for sharing this! Loved watching the artist-at-work video; lots of our "friendships" on this forum are without faces, so nice to 'meet' you in the video. Very nice use of BIAB to accompany your vocal and playing! Tom
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
Jump to new posts Re: Issue with Held Bass RealTracks by VintageGibson @ Today at 05:41 AM

Just a quick update, Kent Got back to me confirming that there are issues with the RTs that should be fixed in a future update. Vintage
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: BB On The Rocks by Tano Music @ Today at 05:40 AM

Alan..I really liked how you kicked this track off, with that couple of bars of acoustic(?), before launching into the band; immediately hooked me with that! And throughout, a thoughtful selection of parts, etc.--added lots of interesting colorations and bits, caused me to listen very carefully. Blues patterns are so familiar, you can wind up just sitting back, letting it soak in (while you sip your bev)--nothing wrong with that, but taking the extra effort to choose parts, add items like the
User Showcase
I enjoyed this… Your song idea mashed with the style that you selected very well… Production was very smooth… And your vocals really good… Thanks for sharing.
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Hens Night '68 by Tano Music @ Today at 05:28 AM

This was hilarious! Loved the concept, and you got everything possible out of the rhyming names scheme! Use of BIAB was top-notch, and let’s hear more from you!
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Within Time by BlueAttitude @ Today at 05:22 AM

Hi Randall, welcome to the showcase! Nice track, and very nice melodic playing. Since you are asking for input the first thing you should do is move that hard left panned solo guitar to the center or close to it, it is the featured instrument so needs to be upfront. But great first post! Looking forward to hearing more, I love hearing guitar played like this.
Jump to new posts Re: qwerty keyboard not responding by Mike Head @ Today at 05:15 AM

Hi It sounds as if you are sending your midi thru to a synth.Hence the latency for the journey time even worse via midi mapper. Try taking the tick out of the box (Route midi thru to midi driver) This way your thru will go to your selected VST/DXI if you have a tick in (use vst/dxi synth box above . Choose your vst you need a GM one. for now just use the Coyote wave table dxi if you don’t already use a better one, Give that a try. It should not matter what synth you have set in midi out now
Jump to new posts Re: qwerty keyboard not responding by VideoTrack @ Today at 04:54 AM

Uncheck this option and see it it makes an overall difference: Control-N to launch the dialog:
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Within Time by beatmaster @ Today at 04:39 AM

Nice wee jam along, nice playing
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: DAYS GONE BY by beatmaster @ Today at 04:25 AM

Excellent all rounder loved it.!
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Hens Night '68 by beatmaster @ Today at 04:10 AM

Stefan That was absolutely Brilliant took me right back to my gig days, The woman nights etc, Priceless well arranged and performed, Video was a killer you will need to let me know how you do the vids.
Page 3 of 45 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 44 45 >
PG Music News
#TBT - The First Audiophile Edition

A blast from the past... the introduction of the Audiophile Edition with Band-in-a-Box 2008.5!

The first Audiophile purchase included the WAV files for all the RealTracks & RealDrums that were available at that time: RealTracks Sets 1-9 and RealDrums Sets 1-20. It shipped pre-installed on a 250GB USB hard drive - take a look...

Wondering what else was introduced with Band-in-a-Box 2008.5? Click here to see the "Band-in-a-Box 2008.5 New Features List."

RealBand 2018 Interactive Online Upgrade Manual Available!

The newest addition to our Online Manuals support page is the RealBand 2018 New Features Guide!

Just like the other Online Manuals now available on our Support page, this Upgrade Manual can be easily navigated by chapter, or using the main Table of Contents window!

New Interactive Online Band-in-a-Box® 2018 Manual for Mac!

We've added an Online Manuals option to our Support page, where you can access an interactive online Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac User's Guide!

The Online Manual can be easily navigated by chapter, or using the main Table of Contents window! Also available on our Online Manuals page is the PDF files for Band-in-a-Box® 2017-2018 Full manuals & Upgrade manuals.

User Feedback - Run as Administrator

Our Forum is a great resource for all your Band-in-a-Box questions (and a GREAT place to connect with other program users!)

Among the many forums available, we have a User-to-User Tips & Tricks forum - perfect for sharing your own technical tips and tricks for any PG Music product!

Like the recent post by jford: You Should Run BIAB and RealBand As Administrator!

Xtra Styles PAK 5 Song Contest - Over 25 Entries!

We recently launched an Xtra Styles PAK 5 Song Contest with 4 prizes of $150!

So far, there are more than 25 entries! Have a listen to these entries and submit your own song here.

Contest Rules:
-You must own Band-in-a-Box® 2018 along with one or more of the Xtra Styles PAK 5 packages (Country, Jazz, Rock-Pop, MIDI)
-The song you submit must be your own original composition. This could be simply typing in chords to your song and pressing play, but you may also add additional instruments, solo, and/or melody.
-Public domain songs will be accepted.
-Multiple entries are permitted.
-Submit your song to the "Xtra Styles 5 Contest" forum, before the deadline. (This contest runs until September 30th)

For complete information on this contest, click here.

New Online Band-in-a-Box and RealBand Manuals

Do you hate digging around for manuals as much as I do? Now you can access the most recent Band-in-a-Box® and RealBand manuals with just a few clicks on the new Online Manuals section of our website.

The PDF manuals for version 2017 and 2018 are available now. Plus, we're adding online versions of these manuals too! The Band-in-a-Box® 2018 Windows User's Guide is complete, and the Mac User's Guide will be coming very soon. We're even adding a search feature to make it even easier for you to find features that you are looking for - stay tuned!

You Could Win $150 PG Bucks with our Xtra Styles PAK 5 Song Contest!

Want to WIN $150 PG Bucks? Join the entries already submitted into our Xtra Styles PAK 5 Song Contest! When the contest closes on September 30th, we will be picking 4 winners (1 per genre)!

What you need:
-Band-in-a-Box® 2018 UltraPAK or Audiophile Edition
-Xtra Styles PAK 5 Windows | Mac
-a song written using one of the 160+ fully-mixed Styles included in your Xtra Styles PAK 5 purchase.

Complete contest rules list here.

Forum Stats
27960 Members
57 Forums
53928 Topics
445392 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
Bart Vervaeck, kelvinnebs, goldensleather, davidjeams, lazeguy

27963 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Alyssa - PG Music 506