Latest Threads | Latest Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hrs | 48 hrs | 7 days | 30 days
Re: What utility do you use to read/change MIDI files? Notes Norton 17 minutes ago Forum: Off-Topic Jump to new postsJump to new posts
MTPro hasn't been available for years. GVox bought it, rewrote it, introduced a few bugs, fixed them and then abandoned it. Don Williams came to where we were playing. He said he's working on Encore first, then he'll get to MTPro, but the code was more messed up than he thought, so it's going to take longer than he thought. I have an old copy on a WinXP computer. One of those ThinkPad machines that just won't die. I tried it on Win11, and it seems to work, but I can't associate the file name with it. But as long as the XP computer works, I'm fine. I tried PTPro, but it doesn't have the editing features. One example of many. If I decide I want to delay the snare drums on beats 2 and 4 a little more than I played them, I could highlight the track, choose the pitch for the snare drum, choose only beats 2 and 4, decide how many ppm ticks to move it, and hit enter. Done. There are dozens of different editing features you can do with the change dialog box, that can affect the entire track, so I don't have to go bar to bar to change something that I think would improve the song. Notes ♫
Replies 24 Views 660 Read More
When imaginary... Chris37 29 minutes ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Hi all, Here's a folk ballad sung by Natalie (Synthesizer v). https://soundcloud.com/christian-devienne/when-imaginary When imaginary will meet reality A thermal shock will form and freeze all your body Will your so special brain accept what’s happening Will your so fragile heart bear this without failing Beautiful dreams Do you have to fulfill them I dream my life And then I have no problem We sometimes build ideas which are made of crystal But they are too fragile, the outcome is fatal When imaginary will meet reality A thermal shock will form and freeze all your body RT 531 Acoustic Bass RT 3672 Piano RT 2178 Mandolin RT 3973 Resonator Guitar RT 529 Acoustic Guitar
Replies 0 Views 2 Read More
Re: "From Time to Time" - (long ambient) camog 1 hour ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Thanks very much Ron - very pleased you enjoyed this one, yes a bit unusual but it's fun experimenting with different styles! Many thanks for your nice comments and for listening!! Cheers, Carl
Replies 4 Views 33 Read More
Re: Another for the wall: Time Waits For No One Birchwood 1 hour ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Hi Wayne, A lovely song! I like that Latin fibe and your vocals shine in it! The topic in the lyrics is handling 'getting older' too: "Time waits for no one, there’s choices to be made" I enjoyed it a lot! Hans
Replies 12 Views 213 Read More
Re: band in a box install- new pc help AudioTrack 1 hour ago Forum: Band-in-a-Box for Windows Jump to new postsJump to new posts
In general terms, you should be able to install your 2018 version, and then the latest 'update', however, some of those updates might be various Xtra Styles, limited edition RealTracks etc. Your need to install incremental patches etc might be determined by what you have purchased since 'as updates'. My advise is to select "Help > What add-ons do I have?" and make a list of your current status (screen capture will be OK). On the new system, work towards making the same list identical. Contact PG Music Support for assistance to guide you. That's what they are there for. If you log in to your PG Music Account (not the forum pages) and select 'Registered Products', you should see a list of your Products and Serial Numbers, as well as Available Downloads.
Replies 1 Views 29 Read More
Re: Fat Guy, a song done by Marty and me Birchwood 1 hour ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Ron, Brain and Janne, Hi, thanks for posting your nice comment. In my intro to this song I wrote it won't be much of a succes. Well, I noticed that is the case. People might think I was having fun at the expense of the target group. Although that is not at all the case, I knew that making this song this could happen. So no whining on my part, just keep going.
Originally Posted by DC Ron
Hans, great production, and yes, that bass REALLY pops! Also love your harmony vocals and whatever FX you're using on them. That's a neat sound. David makes the points I might make about the topic far more eloquently than I can, so I'll just leave it at that. I do appreciate your thoughts on corporate responsibility. That's another complicated topic. Always enjoy listening to your music, looking forward to your next!
Hi Ron, I don't use much fx on my vocals. Just an eq and compressor for vocals (in general) from Native Instruments, a reverb and delay from Fabfilter and that's it. So thanks for that. And you joined David C in his comment on the topic, so I would recommend you to read what I wrote to him (post above this one). This is not the case, I meant state-/ corporate responsability AND learn to overcome the shame yourself, by accepting who you are (last part of the song/video). But of course I can't describe all issues about obese in a song from 4 minutes, that also has the intention of being a bit joyful.
Originally Posted by B.D.Thomas
I like the sense of humor you guys have smile Good work from both of you, good lyrics, good band, good bass. Marty's vocals could be a bit louder in some places, but overall it was a very enjoyable listening experience. Wish there was an "un-see" button for the video though sick
Hi Brain, thanks for this. But Marty wasn't singing. I did all of that. Marty played the bass and was laughing loud, but not in the mike. I am not experienced enough to build 'unsee' buttons in YT, or videos that can do it themselve. Will you help me with that? Or... go to my SC page!
Originally Posted by jannesan
Catchy rock song, very nice arrangement with usual Hans surprises. And Marty's bass has enjoyably fat sound smile Great work with the rolling bassline. Kind of neutral and descriptive story, but "I'm no more ashamed" is a good positive way to resolve it. And excellent video, it had many funny moments, like the fat statue and Napoleon. And I got hungry watching those pizza slices laugh I think I need some more fat, because I'm freezing outside so easily wink Janne
Ha Janne, that is indeed one of the 2 points I wanted to make in the song. The rest was a brief description of the sensitivities involved in this topic. Have you seen me in one of those photo boards (appears last in the bottom center)? The one with the sunglases and the grey hair... Thanks for your nice comment! Hope you all have a very nice day today, Hans
Replies 11 Views 201 Read More
Re: She's Cancer Free BabuMusic 1 hour ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
YAY!! Great news, Ronnie. When I saw the title I thought, Hmmm, good song title, but odd. Then I thought, Wait, it's a message. Better yet. So good to hear --or rad-- those words. So happy for you both.
Replies 8 Views 125 Read More
Re: AMERICAN MADE_David Snyder WaoBand 1 hour ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Great song lyrically with a dynamic arrangement.
Replies 8 Views 66 Read More
Re: Creep DC Ron 1 hour ago Forum: I just heard Band-in-a-Box on YouTube Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Really nicely done. The vocal sounds unreal, not in a bad way, just in a perfect way. One of the all time most beautiful chord progressions, with an interesting history of lawsuits. So it goes...
Replies 6 Views 160 Read More
Re: SMART PHONE WaoBand 1 hour ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
This is 1st class C&W with really clever lyrics and great instrumentation. A great listen!
Replies 2 Views 14 Read More
Re: Lost At Love WaoBand 1 hour ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Definitely soundtrack material. I love what you do with the Swam Sax. The haunting organ is great, plus there's some lovely chord changes in that.
Replies 27 Views 301 Read More
Re: Desert moon DC Ron 1 hour ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Mike, very cool tune. The baritone guitar and steel really set the tone, and the soloist is perfect. Nicely done!
Replies 10 Views 129 Read More
Re: BLACK HORSE WaoBand 1 hour ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Another really interesting song lyrically. The piano was the perfect choice, but it's another song, User Showcase-wise, which I fell would be better longer with a cool solo in the middle. You're certainly a prolific lyricist. Well done.
Replies 6 Views 90 Read More
Re: Apostolic Holy Ghost Revival State Of Mind WaoBand 2 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Groovy blues and a great mix. I'd love to know which Greek word gets translated into 'Ghost' as I always shy away from that and prefer 'Holy Spirit'. A blues song I wrote in the 70s begins "I woke up this morning like they do in those other blues songs"! laugh
Replies 10 Views 204 Read More
Re: Venus Walks Again (2024 remix) WaoBand 2 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Thanks for your amazing responses, Floyd, Mario, Janice & Bud! The organ solo is another one in which I had to edit together 2 separate generations to get the dynamic effect I needed. I find I'm having to do that more often, particularly with guitar solos so as to not have the same phrases repeating in different instrumentals, though in this on I only needed the one generation. The harmonica solo is also a hybrid of 2 regenerations.
Replies 8 Views 88 Read More
Re: Does anyone know when I can get AudioTrack 4 hours ago Forum: Off-Topic Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by mrgeeze
Normally the Mac version comes out early summer
Yes, or early winter - that part depends on where you live grin
Replies 4 Views 98 Read More
Re: ♫ Till The End Of Time rayc 5 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Fabulous melody Noel - combined with a sweet story... "We're babes in the hands of come what may" Tres Cool.
Replies 19 Views 333 Read More
Re: Painting A Fence rayc 5 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Nicely done James. I have to admit to being trepidatious because of the lack of plural agreement in the 1st line, (There're thousands of songs around just like these). Cool that you've based the song on a strong analogy. Well done.
Replies 14 Views 527 Read More
The Fire In Her Eyes Izzy 6 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Thanks to all who listened and commented on my first song. This Song began life as an up tempo Rocker but somehow morphed into a plodding Folk Ballad. How does that happen? If you feel inclined please comment good or bad. Lyrics on SC. The Potpourri................... 2537 Guitar 1828 Guitar 1827 Bass 1766 Mandolin 2975 Vocal Oohs-Aahs Mixcraft chorused acoustic guitar (bridge) Mixcraft Synth flute RealDrums PopModernGroove CBALCEL.STY , SPOPSLW.STY Tempo 85bpm.
Replies 0 Views 11 Read More
Re: Square Peg Izzy 7 hours ago Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
B.D. Thomas , Thank you for your kind words..... appreiciated David. Thanks for taking the time. Yes, Fun is what it's all about and I do enjoy listening to your experimenting which are always entertaining and FUN.
Replies 15 Views 343 Read More
Re: Ooh Ya Ya NigelSpiers Yesterday at 10:44 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Hi Marty, Thanks for all your kind comments and glad you enjoyed it. Best Regards Nigel
Replies 15 Views 283 Read More
Re: In The Evening (feat. PeterF) Janice & Bud Yesterday at 09:19 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by WaoBand
Great song, lyrics, vocals and arrangement. Janice is always impressive.
Thank you! J&B
Replies 38 Views 994 Read More
Re: There is a Savior firesong Yesterday at 08:44 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by dcuny
Hi, Dan. I like the song! smile The intro didn't work for me. But that's probably just me - it was OK once, but repeated? And again at the interlude? Oh, no... wink The song builds nicely. The harmonies are nice, but a some of intervals emphasized the synthy-ness of the vocals, like "I know he loves me" at 2:56. Then again, in a world of auto-tune, that's probably a feature and I'm just an old man shaking his fist at the clouds. The "oohs" and "aahs" are really nice. Piano fills sound good, and the mix is excellent. It feels a bit long, but not as long as it actually is, which is good. Nice work, as usual.
David...thanks for your thoughts and comments...I always appreciate your technical insights and especially now that I'm working with the vocaloids...I took your advice and shortened the intro to one time around..it cut 16 seconds off and brought me under 5 minutes (that's rare!)...thanks for taking the time to give me some thoughtful comments...I appreciate it...Dan
Replies 3 Views 51 Read More
Re: One Foot in Heaven fgrittner Yesterday at 08:30 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by B.D.Thomas
I love the dark mood you create with both the lyrics and the really good choice of instruments. I think this is my new favorite song of yours. Well done!
Thanks, B.D. I’m a bit surprised that so many like this song, as dark as it is. On the other hand, Leonard Cohen went much darker….
Replies 21 Views 388 Read More
Re: Free Kontakt Player Instruments Paj Yesterday at 07:51 PM Forum: Off-Topic Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Here's a free Kontakt Player library from Red Pack Drums (the Mahogany kit from their DS RCS Essentials library): https://www.redpackdrums.com/product-page/the-official-ds-drum-library Paj 8^) EDIT: Forgot to mention the latest drop in Fracture Sounds Blueprint Series (#7, Blueprint Gentle Strings): https://fracturesounds.com/product/blueprint-gentle-strings/
Replies 61 Views 10,313 Read More
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
User Video: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box®

The Bob Doyle Media YouTube channel is known for demonstrating how you can creatively incorporate AI into your projects - from your song projects to avatar building to face swapping, and more!

His latest video, Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box, he explains in detail how you can use the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box with ACE Studio. Follow along as he goes from "nothing" to "something" with his Band-in-a-Box MIDI Melodist track, using ACE Studio to turn it into a vocal track (or tracks, you'll see) by adding lyrics for those notes that will trigger some amazing AI vocals!

Watch: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 German for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 für Windows Deutsch ist verfügbar!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung neuer Inhalte hinzugefügt, darunter 222 RealTracks, neue RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, abspielbare RealTracks Set 3, abspielbare RealDrums Set 2, zwei neue Sets von "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 und mehr!

Paket | Was ist Neu

Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,642
Posts735,382
Members38,525
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
OlvaJownDay, Tranner Track, Ely Bass, Barking, SYOTR
38,524 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 182
DC Ron 101
dcuny 89
DrDan 70
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.