Latest Topics | Latest Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hrs | 48 hrs | 7 days | 30 days
Forum   Subject
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
Jump to new posts Re: CLOCK by airtcon-161 @ Today at 12:45 PM

OK PG Music whats going on here. Is it really that difficult to do and since it has been asked for why have things fallen on deaf ears. Please enlighten us. Thanks Nelson Lyon
Help! Tech S.O.S (Off topic)
Jump to new posts Re: Band In A Box Messing with my Mac by Islansoul @ Today at 12:22 PM

I figure out that may actually be the trackpad messing with my wired mouse.
Recording, Mixing, Performance and Production
Jump to new posts Re: Recording Rehearsals by Islansoul @ Today at 12:18 PM

Originally Posted By: rharvOne way to practice your mixing is to record everything. We record our practice sessions because 1. guys can take a copy home and hear what they did 2. we get to tinker with the sound and mic placements 3. we may stumble onto a cool idea This is a live mix, everyone in one room and mics bleeding all over while working on writing a song. Setting (see image below): 5 mics on drums (2 on bass drum, 1 is a subwoofer in reverse) Barry is playing tambourine, keyboard thro
Off-Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Guitarist Matt "Guitar" Murphy Dead At 88 (Article Link) by Ember - PG Music @ Today at 12:14 PM

That's so sad. There seems to be so many leaving us lately.
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: NEW SONG: "V.I. SONATA (Instrumental)" by DaveBrooksMusic @ Today at 11:00 AM

Hey Noel! Nice to hear from you again! So, to begin with, BIAB gives me this "Plogue Sforzando" virtual instruments plugin, that I had no concept of what it was all about, until one day I got involved and discovered that this thing was a gold mine needing to be explored! I couldn't believe the treasure trove of sounds this thing offered. If I could put this sample together with hardly any experience, the world is in big trouble when I find out what I'm doing!!! =D Thanks again for th
Originally Posted By: BlueAttitudeOriginally Posted By: 90 dBOr, you could just get the new Sennheiser phones. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bx-IaLkpncU Regards, Bob Hmmm, 50K for headphones ..... tempting .... very tempting ..... Yea, but did you see the tubes rising up through that Carrera marble? Same old Senny ear surrounds though. They fall apart with heavy use. Regards, Bob
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Reiver ( with Janice) by Robertkc @ Today at 10:15 AM

Originally Posted By: PeterFRobert, Janice and Bud A unique delight. Some beautiful prose (worth reading on it's own) set to music. You simply can't go wrong with Janice singing (she nailed it but that's kind of expected) and I liked the bits where Robert comes in for some harmony. A wonderful production and no doubt Bud's encouragement (and his recording of Janice) were of great assistance. Wonderful work from all involved. Peter Peter, Thanks for the very positive review! I`ve been working
PowerTracks Pro Audio
Jump to new posts Re: Power Track Pro by Jim Fogle @ Today at 09:03 AM

Hello Darkra85, Welcome to the forum. When you purchased PowerTracks Pro did you order the DVD or download the file from thee site? The white DVD sleeve has a serial number sticker attached to the sleeve. The black banner across the top of each website page has a link to sign in or register to a sales account. You had to create a sales account prior to place an order for PowerTracks Pro. Sign in and navigate to the "My Account" page. Click on the "My Products" link to
Off-Topic
Switched off on an SSD I believe. At least on mine.
Woodshedding - Learning to Play!
Thanks guys. I must admit I find Pipeline's app a bit hard to get my head around, the post has mainly tech talk i.e. it reads kind of like a developer log with no overview; it also starts off saying I need to install something called AutoHotkey, yet I don't see any screenshot or short video which sort of shows me what it'as all about, and why I should find this and set this up. Has anyone used it? Does AutoHotkey cause problems?
Quote:There a Ctrl+S saves the work, and if I want to do something daring, a Save As with name variation (usually a number) keeps me safe. I use this idea when storing my MultiCharts data backups. The number is the day of the month (from 1 to 31). This way I can go back no less than 28 days and sometimes 31 days. Well that is the way I use to do it. Now I use an MS-Access program that puts in the day of the week for 7 days of rotation (Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat, Sun). It all gets copied to t
Off-Topic
I bought this at a thrift shop not realizing it was a SACD I have no device to play it or rip files from it. If you have a way to play or rip SACD and you like Tony Bennett, PM me. Scott
Other Programs Wishlist
Many pages of the PG Music website have a "My Account" button. See the first image for an example. The button provides customers quick and easy access to their account management page. The PG Music forum pages do not have a "My Account" button. See the second image for an example. My requests are for PG Music to: (1) Change the button name from "My Account" to "My Sales Account". Changing the button name will separate the button functionality from t
Jump to new posts Re: Band In A Box Intelligent Mode by Noel96 @ Today at 06:23 AM

Ben, I suspect it's Matt's #1 choice above that might be causing the issue. If you are not sure how to "Run as administrator", shut down BIAB.... right-click on the start-up short-cut.... select "Run as administrator". Does that help? Regards, Noel
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: SURFIN´S GOIN´ON by Noel96 @ Today at 01:33 AM

Dani, I loved it! You're fast becoming the ultimate forum expert in that classic surf sound with those amazing 'Jan and Dean' and 'Beachboy' harmonies. I found it absolutely impossible to sit still while I was listening to your song. By around bar 2 or 3, my feet were tapping, my fingers were tapping and I was smiling. Thanks for sending 3 minutes of enjoyment my way! All the best of summer and sunshine to you and Lin, Noel
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: The Weeds Of Love by jannesan @ Yesterday at 10:39 PM

Originally Posted By: SundanceGreat job on the arrangement and nice production. I got your metaphor but I'm not sure I would have if I'd just listened without reading what the song was about first. Like Ember, I had some trouble hearing all the lyrics. Really nice melody. A lot of folks can't do this well in their native language much less translating it into English. You are quite talented. Bottom line, I enjoyed it very much. Thanks Josie for your very kind and encouraging words
Jump to new posts Re: loop playback by lambada @ Yesterday at 08:47 PM

I always do everything in unfold mode. I never use repeats etc. I'm interested, does anyone use the loop modes and if so why? I guess for practice purposes eg 2,5,1 patterns etc. I just prefer the flexibility/simplicity of being able to edit everything individually, but perhaps I'm missing something... BIAB is such a massive and versatile beast.
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: ALL by Sundance @ Yesterday at 06:04 PM

Great P&W song Torrey! I love it. You continue to amaze me with your talent. Everything about this is top notch.
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Dream by GocartMoz @ Yesterday at 05:52 PM

Excellent song, production,arrangement, mix and performance. It has it all. I loved it. Dave
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Liza's Theme by GocartMoz @ Yesterday at 05:43 PM

Loved the video and very fitting musical accompaniment. Mic work putting everything together. Enjoyed watching and listening. Dave
PowerTracks Pro Audio
Jump to new posts Re: Can't open SEQ files by caplive @ Yesterday at 04:50 PM

Yes, I save as midi file. When I add audio (guitar vocals etc) I save as a seq file. I know the seq files won't even open. The midi songs open but all the tracks in the song volume is 100%. There must be something like "PowerTracks event list" in Studio One somewhere. I did find a window somewhere with a slider that controlled the volume but, I did not see how to save it. I only got the Studio One because I can't open or find many plugins in PowerTracks.
Styles and RealTracks Wishlist
Jump to new posts Re: Blues & Soul Backing Brass Tracks Please by MarioD @ Yesterday at 02:29 PM

+1 for RTs and MIDI.
Help! Tech S.O.S (Off topic)
Nothing to be sorry about Steve, I've been hoping this thread would be updated. My whole situation has changed. I've just retired and a house purchase came up suddenly that I couldn't turn down so now I live up in the mountains 125 miles outside of LA. Great area but no cable so my cord cutting options are limited. ATT is running fiber optic within 5 or 10 miles of me and I've been told it's coming into my community but not yet. For business reasons I must have internet (I'm now working par
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Falling Waters by furry @ Yesterday at 09:40 AM

Bang on there old buddy, loved this right through
Hi KEN, yes. I used LOOPBE sometime ago. Thanks
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
PG Music News
Thoughts on Band-in-a-Box® 2017 - Mac Power Users Discussion

David Sparks and Katie Floyd discuss a variety of topics in their recent episide of Mac Power Users: https://www.relay.fm/mpu/432 - listen all the way through (and laugh along with them - it was a very entertaining episode!), or jump to 1:37:40 where David shares his thoughts on Band-in-a-Box® 2017 for Mac!

Thank you David and Katie!

Polish New Features Video for Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows

Our Polish Distributor, Sound Station, has finished their Band-in-a-Box 2018 New Features summary video (in Polish!) - click here to watch.

We hope all our Polish Band-in-a-Box users find this video helpful - thank you Sound Station!

YouTube Find - Love it (with Band-in-a-Box 2018)

YouTube channel EmtpyHallToones uploaded a video of their guitar performance using Band-in-a-Box backing tracks!

Click here to watch.

Get to Know the 202 NEW RealTracks Released with Band-in-a-Box® 2018!

We released 202 NEW RealTracks with Band-in-a-Box® 2018! Learn more about these new RealTracks when you watch our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2018 - 202 NEW RealTracks.

These new RealTracks (in Sets 278-300) are included in every Band-in-a-Box® 2018 UltraPAK, Audiophile Edition, or the PlusPAK upgrade - the Mac packages are on sale until June 30th!

Learn even more about the new RealTracks and listen to demos here.

Vocal "Oohs" and "Aahs" RealTracks Tutorial Video for Mac

With Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac®, we've introduced Vocal "Oohs" and "Aahs" RealTracks. This video shows you the different ways you can use these versatile new RealTracks.

Video link: www.pgmusic.com/?vid=zkO-AtAPv4g

You can also listen to demos of RealTracks Set 278: Shiny Vocal Oohs & Aahs here.

This RealTracks Set is available for just $29, and is also included in RealPAK 14: Country, and the Band-in-a-Box® UltraPAK, Audiophile, or 2018 PlusPAK Upgrade.

Video RealTracks for Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac - Special Pricing Until June 30th!

With the recent Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac release, we also released Video RealTracks Sets!

Video RealTracks allow you to see the RealTracks artist playing that track - you can use them just like any other RealTrack, and you can generate a video which will display the musician playing your song exactly as you hear it. You can also include a chord sheet or notation in the video.

We've added Video RealTracks Set 1: Pop Ballad Band to our Free Bonus PAK included in Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac packages during our release special (which ends June 30th!).
Video RealTracks Set 2: Country TrainBeat Band is included in the 2018 49-PAK, along with 40 Bonus UNRELEASED RealTracks, 22 MIDI SuperTracks, 101 Instrumental Studies, and Artist Performance Set 8: Traditional Songs Sung by Béatrix Méthé.

SPECIAL OFFER: During our Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac release special, purchase our "Video RealTracks Set 3-6 Special Bundle Offer" to complete your purchase with the remaining Video RealTracks Sets for the low price of just $49! Learn more.

Learn more about the new Video RealTracks and see them in action: http://www.pgmusic.com/?vid=fzkX6jO_hW4

Band-in-a-Box® Version 2018 is a HIT!

Since the release Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac, we've received some great feedback!

"The added Piano Roll Window is... WONDERFUL!"
"Adding the Piano Roll Window is a BIG DEAL - thanks PG Music!"
"This significantly changes how I will use Band-in-a-Box in the future."
"And yet again you manage to come up with styles and instruments that we absolutely must have!"
"Great to have the Oohs and Ahhs RealTracks!"
"The RealTracks are worth their weight in gold to me. They really are an amazing invention for music creators."
"Just tonight popped together a quick video using one of the new video styles. Must say the whole process worked without a hitch so this really does look like a great new feature. And what a great teaching aid! "
"Such a comprehensive source for music making!"
"THIS IS EXCITING!"
"The new Audio Chord Wizard is my favorite new feature!"
"This should be great for creating backing tracks for covers."
"Oh wow. This has got to be the coolest enhancement in Band-in-a-Box 2018. This is so-o-o powerful. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!"
"A brilliant piece of software!"
"What a release!!!"
"THEY DO NO PAY ME BUT if you don't own this you are crazy."
"Been using Band in a Box for years!! Great product for composing. I absolutely love the background vocals in Band-in-a-Box 2018."
"My compliments to the PG Music team who have once again have delivered an incredible collection of new styles and RealTracks to Band-in-a-Box this year!"
"There is still so much to explore and work with!"
"Love the new Video RealTracks!"
"The mixer included into the StylePicker is a great addition."
"Recent retirement and the 2018 version of BIAB is a perfect combination!!"
"The XTRA Styles are fantastic... any future idle music-related minutes I may have had are now totally gone... gonna find that perfect background rhythm on just about every one of my favorites!!!"
"I bought this Band-in-a-Box 2018 and I love it , it is amazing to work with!!!!!"
"...it's educational utility and the potential is awesome!!!"
"I must say, the new harmony options in particular have me chomping at the bit!"
"This will give my students a great overview of what's going on in an arrangement with the different instruments.!!!"
"A musician must have."
"Lovin' the new RealTracks!!!"
"This is amazing software!"
"Thank you for a wonderful tool for both musicians and singers - I can never say enough about this amazingly versatile product!"

Forum Stats
27612 Members
50 Forums
52202 Topics
432015 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
annzpdas01, drummingsteve, MichLeon, dave1990, mucheyielts2018

27612 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Icelander 189
Noel96 165