Latest Topics | Latest Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hrs | 48 hrs | 7 days | 30 days
Forum   Subject
Band-in-a-Box for Macintosh
Jump to new posts Re: BIAB Mac 2016 (build 161) Keeps Crashing by Kent - PG Music @ Yesterday at 05:45 PM

Hi Scott, Does it tend to crash when you do anything specific, or does it seem to be pretty random? Thanks Kent PG Music
Recording, Mixing, Performance and Production
Jump to new posts Re: How to save a style I create or manipulate? by Kent - PG Music @ Yesterday at 05:26 PM

Hi D, Sorry, there's currently no way to do save modified styles in the Mac version. I'll be happy to pass along a request though. Thanks Kent PG Music
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Jump to new posts Re: End held chord with a hidden printed character by Matt Finley @ Yesterday at 05:18 PM

That would work, yes.
Jump to new posts Re: proper driver setup for real band by rharv @ Yesterday at 05:12 PM

Various places for buffers
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Too Far -- Another 'cosmic' song today! by Tano Music @ Yesterday at 04:58 PM

Thanks all for your kind comments..
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Original Music - Addict (瘾君子) by Teunis @ Yesterday at 04:36 PM

Originally Posted By: quekou Thank you guys for your kind replies. I wrote the lyrics in Chinese and the English is pretty much a direct translation. Hopefully it makes sense. The translation made perfect sense. The song is beautiful and very well performed. Tony
Jump to new posts Holistic Songwriting composing suggestions by pghboemike @ Yesterday at 04:09 PM

User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: FIND MY WAY BACK HOME by Torrey Bliss @ Yesterday at 04:06 PM

Thanks Dave! I always appreciate and highly value your comments! T
Recording, Mixing, Performance and Production
Jump to new posts Re: which plug-in fot guitar by Teunis @ Yesterday at 03:46 PM

I use Dimension Pro but Sforzando comes with BIAB and read sfz files which is essentially what Dimension Pro does. There are many free guitar and bass sfz files about on the Web. It is really simple to load them into Sforzando and apply that to the midi track. Then to make the sound even more realistic use an amp sim (eg Amplitube which comes with BIAB) to enhance the sfz (if required). I use either TH2 or 3 on other tracks Guitar Rig as different sims produce different results. Remember th
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Fox Den (some reggae feat: PeterF on guitar) by Janice & Bud @ Yesterday at 03:37 PM

Originally Posted By: Scott CWow this is so creative. Very cool song. Super vocal and love the harmonies jumping in behind the vocal. Peters guitar was so unique and original. So good. Boy I agree with David on the mix. It is so good. I can't put my finger on it either. Each of the instuments and vocals so well defined and so well blended and balanced. Awesome job , Bud, Janice and Peter.. Thanks Scott, thanks for mentioning the's sparse but took a bit of time. Glad you liked the BGV
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Keep Looking Up by Torrey Bliss @ Yesterday at 03:14 PM

SpaceDog, that was a nice little trip back to the 60's! The chorus had a good feel to it! Everything sounds mixed well and clear. Thanks, Torrey
Forum des Utilisateurs Français de Band-in-a-Box
Jump to new posts Re: Nouvel utilisateur de Band-in-a-Box 2017 by Datapac @ Yesterday at 02:47 PM

Bonjour, J'ai présentement BB version 2014 pour MAC et la même version pour Windows, sur 2 ordinateurs différents naturellement. Dans la version Windows lorsque je travaille avec Juke Box, j'ai l'option "délais entre morceau" et je peux placer le nombre de seconde nécessaire lors de spectacle, ce qui est très pratique... Dans la version de MAC 2014, cette option n'existe pas. Avant d'acheter la version 2017 pour MAC, j'aimerais savoir si cette option existe dans Juke Box ??
Styles and RealTracks Wishlist
Jump to new posts Re: Cajun Zydeco RealTracks Percussion by Pipeline @ Yesterday at 02:06 PM

Quote:What happen to those Cajun musicians you guys were going to hire ? They are just midi and don't sound as good as the RealTrack thing.
Jump to new posts Band-in-a-Box® Video Testimonials! by Callie - PG Music @ Yesterday at 12:41 PM

Tell everyone how much you love Band-in-a-Box® with your very own Band-in-a-Box® Testimonial video! Submit your video, and when we use it on our website (and YouTube page) we will send you a FREE Band-in-a-Box® Hard Drive! Take a look at the video testimonials we've already received at Interested in submitting your own Band-in-a-Box® Testimonial Video? Read on... How to Enter: Create a video testimonial that explains who you are and the kind of musi
Jump to new posts Re: Circle of Fifths by dcuny @ Yesterday at 12:37 PM

Originally Posted By: David SnyderYou have just given me my new song man. Be back in 18 hours. 18 hours? You're slowing down!
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Connolite My Friend by Scott C @ Yesterday at 12:19 PM

Cool tune Rick
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Windows Of My Mind by Scott C @ Yesterday at 12:17 PM

Another cool track Rick
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
Jump to new posts Re: Windows 10 Audio Handling Considerations by Kent - PG Music @ Yesterday at 12:03 PM

Hi Dave, Previously, you still got dropouts when using the Coyote Forte for your MIDI sounds, and ASIO4ALL with your onboard soundcard for audio, which would suggest that the issue may not have to do with the Steinberg interface. I'd recommend trying that test again now that you've changed your power settings and see if that's still the case, and also try with the onboard soundcard's MME driver. This'll tell us if the UR22 is the culprit or not (I suspect that it isn't). Either way, the issue
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Praying For Rain by floyd jane @ Yesterday at 10:24 AM

Originally Posted By: PeterFfloyd After 2 listens it just sticks in your head. Wonderful song writing - and as expected a great performance. Love it. Peter Thanks, Peter... Originally Posted By: rsdeanFloyd, This is great! If you had not said 1992, I would have never guessed. It feels as though it could have been written yesterday - it's fresh and has a really tight rhythmic pulse. Stellar production and one of your best vocals as well. Bob Bob - appreciate all of that... Thanks!
Music has really adapted and changed over the years, hasn't it? Super cool. Thanks for sharing!
Jump to new posts Re: Where do I save my Styles by jford @ Yesterday at 08:57 AM

I wish they would still allow for a separate user files folder; actually, ideally it should be able to read any folder structure under the "Styles" folder. That way, you could have a subfolder for PGMusic style, one or more subfolders for Norton styles, a subfolder for styles downloaded from the internet, a subfolder for your own created files. Clearly they had code to manage it before (when styles could reside in both the main BIAB folder and the "styles" subfolder), so I w
Jump to new posts Re: Power supply for tablet with audiophile by Westside Steve @ Yesterday at 08:53 AM

That makes sense Matt. Thank you. Ps, glad that sonar is back from the dead. WSS
Post your own Tips and Tricks here
Jump to new posts Re: Panning by Mikke - PG Music @ Yesterday at 08:00 AM

Hey Eddie, Not only is this great info, you made very easy and concise to contextualize. Something I had not personally though about until you mentioned it. I already find myself listening to how a song is using panning. One of those obvious things that you miss out on by not thinking about it. Thanks for sharing!
Jump to new posts Re: RT soloist not working? - crashes BIAB? by fiddler2007 @ Yesterday at 07:16 AM

Difference might be that i used the 'Around Melody' as 'Solo Mode' source ... with 'Normal Mode' there's a solo indeed ... 'Double Time' is also not working. -F PS just reported it to PG support, and changed the OP header along 'our' findings sofar ....
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: I've Got A Girl by ROG @ Yesterday at 05:31 AM

Originally Posted By: jannesanVery refreshing and catchy, although nothing new in this type of song, vocals and modern mix make this really worthy tribute. Janne Hi Janne, Many thanks for the listen and positive review. Cheers, ROG.
Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
PG Music News
#Monday Motivation - Free Band-in-a-Box® Hard Drive!

Want to snag yourself a free Band-in-a-Box® hard drive? Tell everyone how much you love Band-in-a-Box® with your very own Band-in-a-Box® Testimonial video!

Submit your video, and when we use it on our website (and YouTube page) we will send you a FREE Band-in-a-Box® Hard Drive!

Learn more about how to submit your video testimonial here.

Take a look at the video testimonials we've already received at

User Tip - Custom Drum Shots

Have you ever wanted more control of the RealDrums generated within Band-in-a-Box? (example: with the same consecutive shot/hold/push)

Forum user Pipeline shared their steps in an incredibly detailed forum post to our Tips & Tricks forum - check it out: Custom Drum Shots.

#FunFactFriday - Team PG!

Did you know... Within Band-in-a-Box®, choose Help | About Band-in-a-Box, and you'll see more than just information on the program - you'll also see a complete list of Team PG - we're currently at 35 team members!

#TBT - Automatic Soloing in Band-in-a-Box® 7!

Band-in-a-Box® 7 included some great new features - like Automatic Soloing! This introduced program users to the powerful Soloist capabilities of Band-in-a-Box®, which also includes the Soloist Maker.

Automatic Soloing!
Pick any song or chords in any style, and choose a "soloist." Band-in-a-Box® then creates and plays a professional quality solo in the style of your choice. Previous versions of Band-in-a-Box created great accompaniment. Now you can hear sensational solos as well - showing you exactly what notes are played. Choose from "soloists" in the style similar to great Jazz musicians such as Django Reinhardt, John Coltrane, or Country/Pop soloists and others, or create your own soloists using the "Soloist Maker."

Soloist Maker
This module allows you to define your own soloists. For example, let's say you want to create a soloist in a style similar to the style of "John Coltrane" - the great Jazz saxophonist. The Soloist Maker allows you to define the parameters essential to Coltrane's playing, such as instrument range (i.e. tenor saxophone), extra legato playing, playing more on top of the beat than typical Jazz musicians, and playing straighter 8th notes than usual Swing 8th notes. Also, you can set phrasing options, such as how long the phrase should be and how much "space" to leave between phrases. You can also set how "outside" the playing should be. In the case of a John Coltrane style - you set that to the maximum! Then "turn him loose" and hear the soloist play over any song!

Review all of the features added with Band-in-a-Box® 7:

#TechTipTuesday - Opening MIDI Tracks in PowerTracks Pro Audio

Open your MIDI file in PowerTracks Pro Audio (or RealBand), and you'll see the instruments separated onto their own track - an excellent way to hear all the instruments individually for that song, and a great way to learn!

There's no trick to it either - just use the File | Open dialog, locate the MIDI file, and click [Open].

Note: Type 0 MIDI files have all channels on one track, and should ask whether you want to separate them. If you accidentally chooses no, hit Edit - MIDI - Extract Channels to Tracks. Typically, Type 1 MIDI files have the instruments automatically separated.

With the release of Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows we also released 202 NEW RealTracks, including 8 Sets (68 RealTracks) for Rock-Pop!

Learn more about these and listen to demos:

RealPAK 14: Rock-Pop includes:
RealTracks Set 286: Pop & Rock Guitars with Brent & Joe
RealTracks Set 287: Pop Songwriter - Acoustic Guitar
RealTracks Set 288: Southern Pop Drums with Land Richards
RealTracks Set 289: Fretless Bass, Pop Keys, and Punk Drums
RealTracks Set 290: More Pop Percussion Singles
RealTracks Set 291: Modern Dancehall
RealTracks Set 292: Klezmer!
RealTracks Set 293: A Taste of Europe - France, Italy, and Sweden

Purchasing the Band-in-a-Box® 2018 PlusPAK, UltraPAK, or Audiophile Edition? These new Rock-PopRealTracks are already included!
Band-in-a-Box® 2018 Pro and MegaPAK customers interested in adding these to their collection can purchase RealPAK 14: Rock-Pop for just $79 at

Audio Edit Window Enhancements in Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows!

With Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows, the Audio Edit Window GUI has been updated to include a dedicated settings button and a Marker Mode button. Plus, editing features can now be applied to the entire track (if no specific region is highlighted).

We've also added the following items to the Edit button within the Audio Edit Window:

Paste (Mix) - This will mix the audio from the clipboard with the existing audio instead of overwriting it. You will be given the option to set the percentage of the existing audio to keep and the pasted audio to mix in.
Paste (Insert) - This will insert the audio from the clipboard to the current location, instead of overwriting the existing audio. The audio to the right of the insertion point will be shifted to make room for the new audio.
Delete - This will delete the selected region of audio.
Insert Silence - This will insert silence at the cursor. The duration of the silence inserted will be equal to the duration of the selected region.
Convert Channels - If the audio is stereo, this will convert it to mono. If it’s mono, this will convert it to stereo. You will be given the option to set the percentage of the left and right channels to include.
Harmonize - This will launch the Audio Harmony dialog, which can be used to harmonize the selected region of audio.
Transcribe - This will transcribe the audio to the Melody or Soloist track.
Fix Tuning - This will automatically correct the tuning of the selected region according to the key of your song. For example, in the key of C, if a C# is detected then it will be transposed down to C or up to D depending on which one is closer.

Forum Stats
27249 Members
49 Forums
50699 Topics
417185 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
DelRock, James Franklin, Zipit, Will Sam, zycos35960

27248 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Matt Finley 178
VideoTrack 168