Latest Threads | Latest Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hrs | 48 hrs | 7 days | 30 days
Re: What is a Chorus? Planobilly Yesterday at 01:44 AM Forum: Beginners Forum Jump to new postsJump to new posts
BB has more than a few ideas all it's own. It calls things in what could be considered by some to be non standard terms. Questions have to be ask for some one new to figure it out. BB will never be construed as intuitive, but when in Rome... At some point I guess everyone just understands "it is what it is". Confusing yes, perplexing yes, bewildering perhaps. It is a very useful piece of software that takes a bit of time to understand and even longer to find the many many ways it can be used. We should have been prepaired for this, we were told... "There's a sign on the wall, but she wants to be sure 'Cause you know sometimes words have two meanings Ooh, it makes me wonder Ooh, makes me wonder" Cheers M8 Billy
Replies 21 Views 844 Read More
Re: Suno - AI Music Generator Planobilly 04/23/24 11:58 PM Forum: Off-Topic Jump to new postsJump to new posts
It is easy to become fearful and irritated by new ways of doing things. I think the older we get the more change becomes uncomfortable. There is good reason to fear some techonology, atomic weapons come to mind. AI has some issues. Can AI kill off all the humans? Perhaps. Is that a big deal or any great loss? Likely not. We are most likely much less important than we would like to believe. We will be able to play and create music fora long time into the future. We will also find it harder to monatize and collect on those efforts as time goes by. AI will play and create music and at some point will be most likely be indistinguishable from human made music. Many of us have concerns about ethical issues but I fear we are in the minority. Good, bad, right, wrong and ethical issues tend to disapear as distance from shore increases...lol Riders On The Storm [Linked Image from i.imgur.com] Cheers Billy
Replies 23 Views 7,575 Read More
Re: Guitar Tone - What Does Every Influential Tone Have In Common? (19 Minute Video) David Snyder 04/23/24 03:27 PM Forum: Recording, Mixing, Performance and Production Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Amen brother. Spoken like a true guitar player.
Replies 8 Views 206 Read More
Re: Venus Walks Again (2024 remix) Janice & Bud 04/23/24 01:20 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
That is epic in scope ... the composition, the arrangement and the mix. It sets up a great soundstage on our monitors. All the instrumentation is standout but the organ is exceptional. Stadium filling! J&B
Replies 7 Views 74 Read More
Lamont Dozier songwriting thoughts pghboemike 04/23/24 10:00 AM Forum: Songwriting Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Replies 0 Views 35 Read More
Re: Remove Reverb on Realtrack musocity 04/23/24 08:58 AM Forum: Band-in-a-Box for Windows Jump to new postsJump to new posts
I played the source files for that RealTrack and it has a lot of reverb. This is why Direct Input only guitars are the way to go as you can add any FX you like to them, and rather than having 2 versions that take up more hard drive space, as down the track PG will have a lot of RealTracks.
Replies 13 Views 3,791 Read More
Re: Just two chords and BiaB (and Reaper) is all you need Brno 04/23/24 08:31 AM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Thanks again. There is debate what is a chord, but some say, that for example G6 and D9 aren't new chords, just variations of the same chord. I found a lot of two chord songs. Here is one list: https://www.guitarbased.com/2-chord-songs/
Replies 11 Views 166 Read More
Re: The Seacret of Country Songs' revealed Brno 04/23/24 08:25 AM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Thanks!
Replies 4 Views 91 Read More
Re: Any other KPOP fans out there? makingmelody 04/23/24 04:53 AM Forum: Off-Topic Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by Jim Fogle
There seems to be a lot of interest in K-Pop in the US. The music reminds me a lot of the music put out by US boy bands of the eighties and nineties. Groups like New Kids on the Block and NSync recorded a lot of well crafted and produced hit pop songs. The K-Pop bands are presenting pop songs that are just as good today. J-Pop (Japan Pop) is another genre that is gaining traction in the US.
You make a really interesting comparison of KPOP to boy bands from the 80s and 90s. I can totally hear the similarities now that you mention it. A lot of those older American boy bands also had intricate dance routines and concepts around their image. And the high quality of the songs is consistent between them. It's cool to see how KPOP is carrying on that tradition with their own unique creative flair. I'll have to check out some JPOP too since you mentioned it's become popular as well. smile
Replies 6 Views 209 Read More
Re: THAT BARSTOOL G McAllister 04/22/24 10:43 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Hey Mario. How're you today. Thanks again for listening and writing. I really appreciate it.
Replies 20 Views 382 Read More
Re: The 'chord Hold' function doesn't work (ie G...) Matt Finley 04/22/24 08:20 PM Forum: I want a video that shows me how to .... Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Welcome to the forum. This particular forum is not active. Please post your question here, where it will be better seen (assumes the Windows version): https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=postlist&Board=1&page=1 Please add the info about which style you have selected, since that may affect the answer.
Replies 1 Views 53 Read More
Re: SURVIVAL OF THE FITTEST floyd jane 04/22/24 07:53 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Elliot, Nice 80's Pop Rock track. Good work with the girls. Good mix. Drums are good - hittin' hard. Nice Bass. I thought the guitars could have be slightly louder. And fun.... fj
Replies 17 Views 431 Read More
Re: Blank audio editor window Nige 04/22/24 07:24 PM Forum: Band-in-a-Box for Macintosh Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Thank you for that! Simpler than deleting preferences!! Much obliged. Just upgraded to the ultrapak :-)
Replies 3 Views 116 Read More
Add viola and violin high quality sound BroDon 04/22/24 06:46 PM Forum: Other PG Music Programs Jump to new postsJump to new posts
want 2336 Viola to use to write melodies on
Replies 0 Views 29 Read More
Re: Hello and a couple questions Dave 04/22/24 04:34 PM Forum: Beginners Forum Jump to new postsJump to new posts
yes. I always do "play key" So that I we all know what my real key is. I have used it for special instructions such as '* 8 Bar intro', not the default 4 we usually use. I haven't used copywrite since it's at the bottom of the page. and it when you read it, it may be too late
Replies 11 Views 293 Read More
Re: Carefreeness Chris37 04/22/24 03:14 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Thanks Mario, The music box can be a way to immerse yourself in childhood...
Replies 2 Views 39 Read More
Re: My tango for Django Chris37 04/22/24 03:10 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Thanks WaoBand, Mario and Laurent. The Stephane Grappelli/Django Reinhardt duo is the best violinist/guitarist duo that has ever existed!
Replies 10 Views 121 Read More
Re: ! chulaivet1966 04/22/24 02:36 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Howdy laurent.... Thank you very much for taking the time to give them a listen and kind comments. All my drivel is pretty much "rhythm and energy", upbeat and much of it danceable. Have I ever said...:"this song writing stuff isn't easy". smile Much appreciated. Hope all is well.
Replies 16 Views 338 Read More
BIAB 2024 demo sampler & latest features Brian Johnston 04/22/24 11:52 AM Forum: My Favorite Things Jump to new postsJump to new posts
I did a video using some of the latest styles as I address some of the latest features. https://rumble.com/v4qvf0x-band-in-a-box-2024-demo-sampling.html
Replies 0 Views 29 Read More
Re: Computer Hacked Bass Thumper 04/22/24 01:45 AM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Alan, I know you're a smart guy, so I'm assuming you've got anti-virus software. So do you know how the hack happened? And is there a reason you're posting this to the Showcase instead of another forum such as Off - Topic?
Replies 2 Views 96 Read More
Re: Missing RealTracks Picker in BBPlugin musocity 04/21/24 11:58 PM Forum: Band-in-a-Box VST and Pro Tools/AAX DAW Plugin (Windows) Jump to new postsJump to new posts
I know I had to take the same approach with Reaper calling on BBW using AutoHotkey scripts that I ran from a Lua script in Reaper to access Biab functions then I could write the data to clipboard to send to Biab and copy to send back to Reaper.
Code
reaper.ExecProcess([[cmd.exe /C " cd ]] .. [[C:\\Program Files\\AutoHotkey & AutoHotkey.exe]]..[[ "]]..script_path..[[ahk\scripts\play.ahk"]],0) 
reaper.CF_SetClipboard( start_measures ..",".. number_measures )
text_tempo = reaper.CF_GetClipboard()

that was all a lot of messing around so I just put it all in one script to read the current frozen SGU and transfer instantly. Why have a hidden Biab running in the background when you can run the main Biab app and instantly transfer giving a lot more control ? [Linked Image] But eventually I can't see any other way than a self-contained crossplatform JUCE plugin that does it all, and works the same instantly in all DAWs. It just takes way too many years getting there, I'm gettin' old frown [Linked Image]
Replies 10 Views 371 Read More
Re: JUDITH SAID by Janice & ray with help from Bud & Bandhi Janice & Bud 04/21/24 10:01 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by Scott C
This is really good. Very different groove and tempo. Janice's vocal was perfect for the song. The song really grew on me as it went along. Really well done..
Thank you Scott! Janice
Replies 48 Views 1,142 Read More
Re: Are You Getting Ready? firesong 04/21/24 09:24 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by Janice & Bud
The lead and harmony vocals well represent the quick progress you are making with this technology. The whole thought of programming that and creating all the nuances makes our heads spin! smile The acoustic sounds excellent as does the entire mix. The helds are very nice. Well done! J&B
J&B...thanks...it's time consuming for sure but fun so far...Dan
Originally Posted by David Snyder
Very nice Dan! Great Praise and Worship tune! smile
Thanks David...I appreciate it...Dan
Replies 15 Views 330 Read More
Re: "Floating Piano" - (instrumental) camog 04/21/24 04:27 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Bless ya Marty - chuffed you liked my slow piano tune, many thanks for your very nice comments!! And thank you for listening, Best wishes, Carl
Replies 16 Views 422 Read More
Re: Is there a way to change the order of the tracks in the mixer? foxwaves 04/21/24 01:02 PM Forum: Band-in-a-Box for Windows Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by Rob Helms
One reason this is best done in the DAW is that BiaB has a particular protocol for handilng its tracks due to the way styles are created. once you get the results you want then move to DAW of choice.
Thanks Rob! That's what I'll do. Have a nice day!
Replies 10 Views 304 Read More
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2024 German for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 für Windows Deutsch ist verfügbar!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung neuer Inhalte hinzugefügt, darunter 222 RealTracks, neue RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, abspielbare RealTracks Set 3, abspielbare RealDrums Set 2, zwei neue Sets von "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 und mehr!

Paket | Was ist Neu

Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,628
Posts735,223
Members38,522
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
SYOTR, Steve Smith, Bpnsrinu, DanyLevy, Arnav Singh
38,522 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 185