Latest Topics | Latest Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hrs | 48 hrs | 7 days | 30 days
Forum   Subject
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Bring Me Down To The Water by GocartMoz @ Yesterday at 10:45 AM

Originally Posted By: RnAMHi David, This is a most fascinating song. We like every part of it. The music (also the "nameless" mandolins :D), your vocals, the lyrics. It immediately captivated us. Great song! Rob and Anne-Marie Thank you for the listen and comments Rob and Ann-Marie. They are greatly appreciated. Dave
Recording, Mixing, Performance and Production
Jump to new posts Re: Performing with backing tracks by AlastairLC @ Yesterday at 08:23 AM

Playing in bands is overrated. They show up late or not at all, and when they do they always argue about something or other. ☹️ Having BIAB as your backup band is wonderful. No arguments, no complaints, no dilution of earnings. You are in complete control.
Jump to new posts Re: Speakers for backing tracks in gigs/parties by AlastairLC @ Yesterday at 08:10 AM

I use QSC K series, 12” woofer and tweeter. 34 lbs. about $800 if I recall. Plays BIAB nicely. Doesn’t need a subwoofer - plenty of bass.
I'm betting they sound just fine, Bud. The waves I produce look similar, i.e., not too compressed. The LUFS movement got started to put an end to the loudness wars, which as you know was all about compressing the crap out of your track so that it would sound as loud as possible. It is the overly compressed tracks that now sound like crap when that playback auto gain offset is applied by spotify and iTunes, etc. That is talked about in the second video Tony posted.
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Yes, that would be another (possibly even better) way. +1
Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Staff Roll by VideoTrack @ Yesterday at 07:39 AM

Thanks Noel for the even better approach. Your illustration and reference is appreciated. Time is pretty tight at the moment for me. That should get the O/P sorted hopefully. Thanks again Trev
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Rusty Bolt by Paul Haynes @ Yesterday at 07:17 AM

Originally Posted By: Torrey Bliss Paul, I agree with Merrio all the way on this. It is a catchy tune and your vocal is outstanding on it! I would also love to hear what it would sound like with some harmony in the vocals in places but as you said were never done with our tunes. You’ve done excellent work here so far! Thanks, Torrey Hi Torney Many thanks for your kind words. I started to rewrite the words from the position of talking about a man and his story as one suggested they were not
Styles and RealTracks Wishlist
Jump to new posts Real Reggae and Latin Horns by Islansoul @ Yesterday at 06:54 AM

I would like to see some reggae and latin horn be added to to list of real tracks. They should be able to kiks, licks, and all kinds of stuff.
Best of YouTube
Jump to new posts Re: Slow Blues In E (9 minutes) by lambada @ Yesterday at 06:26 AM

I bought several of his books when I was young. I've played so many songs and loved his open tunings, but I was always to lazy to learn them off by heart. I just played the tab. Great fun though. Maybe one day....
Jump to new posts Re: Get SampleTank 3 SE for $/€24.99! by lambada @ Yesterday at 06:21 AM

I had 25 Euros in the IKMultimedia Kitty, so took the plunge and purchased the full version 3 at 74 Euros including my 25. This should be fun...
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
Thanks Noel! I will try this next time the issue crops up, and update the post accordingly.
Mark, your are right, _eleven.sty is part of StylePak Xtra1 (Rock-Pop 1) and _twelve.sty is contained in Xtra2 (Rock-Pop2). _VigilNt.sty is part of Xtra5 (Rock-Pop5). All are available here in PGMusics online shop. Also interesting could be _stepups.sty, _tblrkst.sty, _rkblues.sty and _drivesx.sty, all containg Sax-Soloing. None of them perfectly matches Samanthas song, but should do fine for practicing. These are links to sound samples which I rendered over G minor7 at 125 bpm. Gminor7 in _e
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Construction Paper Heart - Done & Dusted by rayc @ Yesterday at 04:18 AM

Scott C, thank you sir.
Songwriting
Jump to new posts Re: The Story of Bohemian Rhapsody by rayc @ Yesterday at 04:08 AM

I saw Queen in 76 - the NOTOpera tour. The ticket was AUS6.50. I had a 12 hr each way train trip to get to the gig. They could only do bits of it this song live, (oddly an Oz band called Chariot were playing the entire things live & very well I'm reliably informed). These days I only listen to the 1st three Queen albums. I do have ANATO on LP, CD & 5.1 DVD but much of it is an embarrassment these days. I do like the rockier tracks and the rockier parts of BoRap but the tweeness of the r
Forum degli utenti italiani di Band-in-a-Box
Jump to new posts Batteria multitraccia by ZooD @ Yesterday at 03:38 AM

Salve, qualcuno sa dirmi se è possibile esportare la batteria in multitraccia? Grazie 1000
Jump to new posts Korg pa patch by benardini @ Yesterday at 02:42 AM

Hello, here are some pat and ini files for korg pa600 and pa3x friendly http://www.mediafire.com/file/et1p8r8cn1j8d9d/Korg_patch.zip/file[i][/i]
Deutsches Band-in-a-Box User Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Swiss Volklore Style by Renato-Rosso @ Yesterday at 01:44 AM

Hallo Zusammen PG Music hat mir sehr net geantwortet. Sie haben es auf die Style Wunschliste aufgenommen. liebe Grüsse Renato
I tried out sForzando, latest version, with the Heaven GM fonts; couldn't get it to work properly. Same with Sampletank, and the Omnisynth GM set, bought versions. Too much hassles to get going. XGlite works quite well, though you'll need the installation PAT file from Mike to adress the sounds via BIABs dropdown track menus. Best alternative IMO is the free Halion Sonic SE 3, or the older Hypersonic2 from Steinberg. (The latter is licensed, alas not available anymore, but as it's outdated as
Deutsches Band-in-a-Box User Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Rendern zu lang ! by Brille @ Yesterday at 12:21 AM

Hallo Darek, danke für Problemschilderung und Lösung. Ich konnte das Problem nicht nachvollziehen – aber es ist gut, dass du eine Lösung gefunden und hier geschildert hast!
Xtra Styles PAK 5 Song contest - August 2018
Alright! I got my Xtra Styls PAK 5. Let's get creative.
Xtra Styles PAK 5 Song contest - August 2018
Jump to new posts Re: Unusual by jford @ 08/19/18 07:31 PM

Well, that was unusual. Actually, it wasn't. It was a great pop rendition. Enjoyed that a lot, David.
Off-Topic
Agreed Jim. I snagged this from Wiki..... Quote:Aretha Franklin released a cover version of the song in the middle of 1971 that outperformed the original on the charts, charting #1 R&B for three weeks and #2 Pop for two weeks. Aretha Franklin's version earned a gold single for sales of over one million. Dr. John played keyboards on Franklin's version with Bernard "Pretty" Purdie on drums and Chuck Rainey on bass. This version hit #6 on Billboard's Easy Listening chart. Franklin a
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Embers by Robertkc @ 08/19/18 04:46 PM

Originally Posted By: Noel96Robert, These lyrics were an incredibly visual journey for me. It was so easy to see everything that you sang about. My first impression was that there's a lot confidence on display in this creation, its arrangement and its production. You certainly are achieving some pretty polished results working with your DAW and BIAB these days. As always, your storytelling stood proudly at centre stage. All the best, Noel Noel. That`s a very supportive review - thank you!
Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: intermittent highlighting of the melody track by Jim Fogle @ 08/19/18 03:56 PM

Open the song file. Change the file name and save under the new name to create a back up file. Click on the gray snowflake icon for each track. The snowflake icon turns blue to indicate the track is "frozen" and can not be changed. Save the song file. Attach the saved song file to an email. The email should also reference this forum post along with a "what to look for" issue description. Mail the email to "support@pgmusic.com".
Off-Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Steve Perry Is Back! by Jim Fogle @ 08/19/18 03:41 PM

rockstar_not, I entirely get what your saying. Country singer Luke Bryan has a song called M-O-V-E that I feel the same way about. The song itself is infectious but one line ruins the song every time I hear it and the line is repeated MANY times. It's something like "and girl you're so d*mn hot". Best guess I can come up with is the songwriter was lazy. I will say this though, coarse language presently seems to be in vogue, same with tattoos and piercings. Different times, diffe
Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2018 Users LOVE Xtra Styles PAK 5!

We're excited to offer Xtra Styles PAK 5, with over 160 fully-mixed styles, including 35 new MIDI Styles... LOOK MA - ALL MIDI!

But, we're not the only ones in love with Xtra Styles PAK 5 - here's what you're saying:
"Wow! That's quite a collection!"
"I love the quality sound and variety i have to work with!"
"Really appreciate all the new MIDI styles!"
"These have already helped my rhythm and intonation and given new life to my practice. And it is SO MUCH FUN."
"Simply awesome. Thanks, everyone at PG!"
"A great new PAK indeed!"
"Great new collection here!"
"I love the quality sound and variety i have to work with!"
"Way to go, PG Music!"
"Oh, they've made ALL-MIDI styles!!!"
"Best move I've ever made!"
"These new RealStyles are amazingly creative!"
"Outstanding!"
"Oh! Goody!!"

Save 40% when you purchase Xtra Styles PAK 5 for just $29 (reg. $49) during our special, which ends August 31st!
Click here to learn more, listen to demos, or order today!

Then, don't forget to enter your song, created using these new Styles, in our Xtra Styles PAK 5 Song Contest for your chance to win $150 PG Bucks!

Video - Audio Driver Setup Tutorial for Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows

Watch this video for a quick tutorial on setting up your audio drivers in Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows! Video link: http://www.pgmusic.com/?vid=t0_CHbjWrLA

Video - Band-in-a-Box®: Count-in & Metronome Tutorial

Our latest video release is our Band-in-a-Box®: Count-in & Metronome Tutorial! By default, Band-in-a-Box® has a two bar count-in. Watch this tutorial for a quick explanation of all the options available within this feature! Click here to watch...

#TipTuesday - Adding Motion and Dynamics to your String Tracks

Join our forum, and you'll be surrounded by some AMAZING Band-in-a-Box users! Like DeaconBlues09, who recenty shared their own "Tip" to our Tips & Tricks forum - check it out! Post: Adding motion and dynamics to your string tracks

Thanks for sharing, DeaconBlues09!

Band-in-a-Box 2018® pour Mac - French Release!

Nous avons été très occupés à travailler sur Band-in-a-Box® durant l'année 2017, celà s'est traduit par la création de plus de 50 nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que l'apport d'une incroyable collection de nouveaux contenus, à savoir: des RealTracks, des SuperTracks MIDI, des Études d'Instruments, des Boucles, des Prestations d'Artistes, des Préréglages Amplitube et styles associés, des RealTracks dans les 12 tonalités et une Notation Guitare Hi-Q!

http://www.bandinabox.com/bb.php?os=mac&lang=fr

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 für Mac - German release!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung von neuen Inhalten, mit RealTracks, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studien, Loops (Schleifen), Künstler Performances, Amplitube Presets und dazugehörenden Styles, 12-Tonarten RealTracks und Hi-Q Gitarren Notation, hinzugefügt!

www.bandinabox.com/bb.new.php?os=mac&lang=de

Video - Activating Band-in-a-Box® for Mac®

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac® comes with your own unique activation code that you must add to the program within 30 days. Not sure how? Watch this quick video: http://www.pgmusic.com/?vid=RI1rK19uXIs

Forum Stats
27839 Members
57 Forums
53161 Topics
440688 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
Guitarrocks, helmut_K, Jerome1968, jfrances, LatinoMike

27838 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
David Snyder 138
Al-David 130