Latest Threads | Latest Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hrs | 48 hrs | 7 days | 30 days
Re: Transition MarioD 05/06/24 08:22 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by Scott C
Awesome work on the editing Mario. Way to save a very cool solo and melody. Excellent production and mix. Well done..
Thanx so much Scott.
Originally Posted by firesong
Mario...you ARE the MIDI master!...cool jam session(rescued)...so I have a MIDI question (I've never really used MIDI a lot in recording)...so can vocal tracks be converted to MIDI files? if so , how? and what gear would it take?...I always enjoy your sessions with Bob...Dan
Thanx Dan, but I'm not sure that I am a MIDI master. Yes vocal tracks can be converted to MIDI, see my answer in the other thread.
Originally Posted by BobLMusic
Nice tune, Mario! I enjoyed the mellow vibe and the guitar work, thanks for sharing.
Thanx Bob for listening and commenting on this little tune. I appreciate it.
Replies 33 Views 718 Read More
Re: Where will music creation software be in 5 years? dcuny 05/06/24 06:08 PM Forum: Off-Topic Jump to new postsJump to new posts
I think there's some irony of asking an AI assistant about the future. After all, ChatGPT is little more than a program that predicts what word is likely to come next, trained on what people on the Internet have written. It's a bit like asking someone to write a paper, and they use the first 10 results from Google as their research.
Replies 25 Views 835 Read More
Re: Duane Eddy Dead At 86 eddie1261 05/06/24 04:05 PM Forum: Off-Topic Jump to new postsJump to new posts
When I want twang I tune the whole guitar down 2 half steps. Those strings get nice and loose and twangy.
Replies 7 Views 198 Read More
Re: A minor rant about packaging and promotions eddie1261 05/06/24 04:03 PM Forum: Off-Topic Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by Planobilly
What I need is skilled labor, so where do I get that?
Skilled? In 2024? Surely, sir, you jest!!! When was the last time you bought anything and the receipt didn't say "We are hiring"? Nobody wants to work.
Replies 7 Views 200 Read More
I never thought... Chris37 05/06/24 01:29 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Hi all, For this Blues Rock song, Hayden (Synthesizer v) is singing. https://soundcloud.com/christian-devienne/i-never-thought I never thought That I had some talent I’ve just met these three guys Like a present They showed me that music Makes you travel so far How I loved this so much I worked on my guitar I never thought That it would be my job So glad to join the band Ian, Jim and Bob We were sure that music Makes us travel so far In our rehearsal room No need to be a star RD BroCountry16ths^1 Loop HipHop\OldSchool RT 366 Electric Bass RT 4292 Electric Guitar RT 4293 Electric Guitar RT 4295 Electric Guitar RT 4296 Electric Guitar RT 4297 Solo Electric Guitar
Replies 0 Views 30 Read More
Re: Charline's blues Chris37 05/06/24 01:19 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Thanks B.D.Thomas, My intention is not to improve the synthetic voice track but to find a real good singer to perform this song.
Replies 7 Views 141 Read More
Re: Where am I? Chris37 05/06/24 01:13 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Thanks Laurent, WaoBand and gman97040. It is the first time that I create a dialog in a song.
Replies 4 Views 111 Read More
Re: In The Evening (feat. PeterF) Janice & Bud 05/06/24 12:34 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by BobLMusic
I liked your song, thanks for sharing! I enjoyed your lyrics and vocals. Janice's voice reminded me of Karen Carpenter. Peter's guitar work was tasty, too!
Glad you liked it! Janice’s vocals definitely fall in the Karen contralto range. J&B
Replies 52 Views 1,644 Read More
Re: Another Audio Editor Bug ??? thomasc 05/06/24 12:28 PM Forum: Band-in-a-Box for Windows Jump to new postsJump to new posts
@Rob Helms Thanks for your comment. This is the "All tracks are equal statement" from PG. All the 24 tracks (8 main tracks and 16 Utility tracks) have same capabilities. You can generate RealTracks, RealDrums, MIDI SuperTracks, Loops, etc. on any track. Styles can be made using up to 24 tracks. You can edit audio on any track, not just the Audio and Utility tracks. @ AudioTrack Thanks for your action. I'd hoped for a comment from PG but let's hope that it will be sorted
Replies 10 Views 377 Read More
Re: Computer Hacked KGU 2 05/06/24 09:29 AM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Oh man, that sounds like a real headache! If it's any consolation, it could have been worse. Imagine if it was a Phobos ransomware attack instead. That stuff is no joke.
Replies 3 Views 260 Read More
Re: "The Landscape" - (celtic acoustic) camog 05/06/24 05:56 AM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Glad you enjoyed my celtic tune Scott - thanks for listening and for very nice comments!! Best, Carl
Replies 12 Views 260 Read More
Re: We Got It Right - Country ballad Ezekiel's Storm 05/05/24 11:22 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
I like the song, especially the chorus. You sing it very well. I love the laid-back feel of it all. Welcome aboard. I'm looking forward to your next piece.
Replies 28 Views 614 Read More
Re: Have a Funky Day - Remix firesong 05/05/24 11:19 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Soren...super track for sure....the musicianship here is absolutely pro-quality and the production top-notch!
Replies 9 Views 197 Read More
Re: Where is the Style Enable/Disable tick box located please? berntd 05/05/24 09:14 PM Forum: Band-in-a-Box for Windows Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Hello and thank you, I got it now but will I get it again in a few weeks time> Hmm... Having that tick box under the Style dropdown arrow next to the picker would have made a lot of sense. @Joseph Land, I saw that in the manual before posting but it is really useless since it never mentions where/howto enable/disable. In my case, the style needs to be disabled when importing audio and adding beat lines etc when using the Audio Chord Wizard. Best regards Bernt
Replies 5 Views 192 Read More
Re: One Night In Broken Arrow rsdean 05/05/24 07:38 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Scott, Thanks very much - I appreciate that. Bob
Replies 36 Views 1,076 Read More
Re: Cosmic Confetti Scott C 05/05/24 07:36 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Excellent instrumental Misha. Love the instrumentation and production. Soundscape was so full. Well done
Replies 15 Views 295 Read More
Re: IT'S YOU - A Love Song Duet B.D.Thomas 05/05/24 06:20 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Nice duet, well written and arranged. I like it [Linked Image]
Replies 9 Views 198 Read More
Re: Rumble Videos musocity 05/05/24 04:33 AM Forum: Band-in-a-Box for Windows Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Drugs are bad, they had me on so many causing so many side effects, they said you can't stop taking them or you will die, I had enough and stopped taking them and was ready to go home... that was 11 years ago. Well at least you got a lot more features in Biab and BBPlugin now that you would not have had if they were right, If I kept taking the drugs I would not be here now ! try critical thing on that one.
Replies 9 Views 364 Read More
Re: Triplet Mode keeps turning off Matt Finley 05/04/24 11:14 PM Forum: Band-in-a-Box for Windows Jump to new postsJump to new posts
I think you called it: saving the status with each song makes sense to me.
Replies 10 Views 309 Read More
Re: Country songs to add (use this thread to add any country song) Rusty Wilson 05/04/24 09:20 PM Forum: Songs to add to Band-in-a-Box Titles database Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Where've You Been - Kathy Mattea
Replies 52 Views 79,817 Read More
Re: Desert moon cubanpete 05/04/24 09:10 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Thanks for your review, Dave. Appreciate it. Mike B.
Replies 13 Views 268 Read More
Re: Edirol SD-90 on FL Studio Matt Finley 05/04/24 08:16 PM Forum: Recording, Mixing, Performance and Production Jump to new postsJump to new posts
I understand your question better now. I’m not experienced with the plug-in. There is a user forum here for the plug-in and I think you should post there. The answer may be that the plug-in doesn’t allow this, in which case you can make a feature request. But I don’t know.
Replies 7 Views 283 Read More
Re: Do you copyright your songs before showing it to producers? Guitarhacker 05/04/24 05:58 PM Forum: Songwriting Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Back to what I said.... you have a choice to make. 1. Spend money for the legal way where you'll not be in line to collect money and in fact no one will recoup a single dollar. (dumb plan) 2. Post them illegally and still make no money. (sketchy, risky, and highly debatable/unethical plan) The reality of this is that you will make very little if any money from this. So spending hundreds of dollars makes absolutely no sense at all. I have well over 100 songs on publicly viewable sites. People can buy the download. I've never gotten a single check from that. My money comes from my songs that are playing on TV and in films. I'm not shopping for a private jet yet, but it does come in a check from BMI.
Replies 117 Views 23,941 Read More
Re: Enter Relative Tempo Gordon Scott 05/04/24 02:46 PM Forum: Recording, Mixing, Performance and Production Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Just by the way, as it might be useful here, there are some BIAB 'timebase' options to allow half-time, double-time and triple-time. The manual has details.
Replies 3 Views 114 Read More
Re: Midi style issue Matt Finley 05/04/24 01:40 PM Forum: Band-in-a-Box for Windows Jump to new postsJump to new posts
And Build #. See Help, About.
Replies 6 Views 249 Read More
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
User Video: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box®

The Bob Doyle Media YouTube channel is known for demonstrating how you can creatively incorporate AI into your projects - from your song projects to avatar building to face swapping, and more!

His latest video, Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box, he explains in detail how you can use the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box with ACE Studio. Follow along as he goes from "nothing" to "something" with his Band-in-a-Box MIDI Melodist track, using ACE Studio to turn it into a vocal track (or tracks, you'll see) by adding lyrics for those notes that will trigger some amazing AI vocals!

Watch: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 German for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 für Windows Deutsch ist verfügbar!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung neuer Inhalte hinzugefügt, darunter 222 RealTracks, neue RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, abspielbare RealTracks Set 3, abspielbare RealDrums Set 2, zwei neue Sets von "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 und mehr!

Paket | Was ist Neu

Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,740
Posts736,759
Members38,561
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Nethan Paul, LesNewzealand, CCCreator, Juha, davyowdoo
38,560 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 197
DC Ron 109
rsdean 109
dcuny 93
Noel96 92
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.