Latest Topics | Latest Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hrs | 48 hrs | 7 days | 30 days
Forum   Subject
Off-Topic
Jump to new posts Two Solid State Blasts From The Past by Jim Fogle @ Yesterday at 12:54 PM

+++ This solid-state, high-power amp brought big sound to inexpensive devices +++ +++ This chip began the digital music revolution +++
Xtra Styles Contest
Jump to new posts The Complete List of Xtra Styles Song Contest Entries by Callie - PG Music @ Yesterday at 11:04 AM

Listen to all of the songs submitted for the Xtra Styles Song Contest! We have organized the entries by category, listing alphabetically by song title: Americana: A Band in a Box Submitted by Rob4580 view original post A Love As Deep As… A Train Passing By Submitted by FasArt view original post A Woman In Love Submitted by FasArt view original post America Submitted by edf view original post Back In Their Day Submitted by Buford view original post Captain Arnold's Liquer  (Improve
Songs to add to Band-in-a-Box Titles database
Jump to new posts i hung my head - sting by fiddler2007 @ Yesterday at 10:29 AM

As i made a midi backing track of it for someone, i am now kind of curious how one can make a style/song MGU version of Sting's fab country ballad in BIAB ... and i really don't mean that simplified Johnny Cash version. Thus in it's 5/4 or 9/8 beat. Using BIAB 2017 i couldn't do it easily as i hoped, but had to use Cubase to get it sort of right. -F
Off-Topic
Jump to new posts one hit wonders by pghboemike @ Yesterday at 06:39 AM

Songwriting
Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Sound set by fed up help @ 08/20/17 04:49 AM

Greetings, I am using Sibelius 7 playing scores through the Mobile studio canvas SD-50. PC running Windows 7. On my old PC (dear old XP) I could use a sound set so that when, in Sibelius, I chose an instrument on the stave, when I played the score it would send all the relevant midi information to my sound module (an older sound canvas) so that all the score played with all the correct instruments. Can anyone help please with getting a sound set for windows7 so that when I play a score in Sibel
Off-Topic
Jump to new posts Entertaining piece on Autotune. by lambada @ 08/19/17 11:04 PM

Autotune as an effect rather than just to tune out of tune singers. Interesting how ubiquitous it is these days. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GCDf0sSwE8 https://youtu.be/mnS1_cDvWmU
Post your own Tips and Tricks here
If you want to use your Win Audiophile drive on a Mac you will first need to do MacBB Crossgrade (See https://www.tonymacx86.com/ to run Mac on your PC.) *NOTE if you only have wma files/drive you can copy them to a larger driver and use decompress.exe decompress.zip to convert all the wma RealTracks/Drums to wav. Get FormatFactory *Don't install any extra software only the program. Click the Audio Tab > M4A > Quality > Medium Add Folder > Check "Entire Tree" > Bro
PowerTracks Pro Audio
Jump to new posts where have my drum grid files gone? by Bob Calver @ 08/19/17 06:38 AM

I'm trying to load patterns on to my Alesis SR16 drum machine and so far midi out and recording pt drum outputs is failing. so i want to load files manually and as i like the patterns in BIAB and PT I thought I'd load dg files and then print out the patterns to load onto the SR 16. But I seem to have only a few dg patterns - unless I'm looking in the wrong place. to make new dg patterns from patterns in PT do i just highlight two bars and save scrap as a dg file?
Off-Topic
Jump to new posts Free to try by MusicStudent @ 08/18/17 04:28 PM

https://www.sweetwater.com/feature/helix-native-demo/?utm_source=marketing&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=20170818-national-yellow-tag
UserTracks (and other add-ons)
Jump to new posts Free Maracas (Kontakt) by Pipeline @ 08/18/17 02:22 PM

http://samplemodern.weebly.com/free-maracas.html To create a Maracas track you can copy the notes of the beats you need from a midi drum track.
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
Jump to new posts Band-in-a-Box® User Feedback - Thank You! by Callie - PG Music @ 08/18/17 02:14 PM

Take a look at some of the recent feedback we've received from program users just like you: "I started using Band-in-a-Box October 2016 . It's been money very well spent. I'm now nearing the finish of my first All Originals Cd. I let a local musician hear some of the songs and he was amazed at the quality. Guys it takes time and effort to learn but its worth it 100%!" -John S. "Amazing RealTracks I have used these on 30 or more songs! Some even used complex chords that amazed me how well the B
Deutsches Band-in-a-Box User Forum
Jump to new posts 3/4 Takt einstellen by pepepe @ 08/18/17 06:52 AM

hallo, kann mir jemand sagen, wie man den 3/4 Takt einstellt? Danke.
Off-Topic
Jump to new posts 5 Proven Ways to Get Publicity in 2017 by pghboemike @ 08/18/17 01:22 AM

http://www.harmonycentral.com/articles/craigs-list---5-proven-ways-to-get-publicity-in-2017 #3
Styles and RealTracks Wishlist
Jump to new posts Classical Drums by Islansoul @ 08/17/17 01:34 PM

I was writing a song using nothing but Band-in-a-Box i could not find an classical style drums, single snare drums, crash, bass drum.
Recording, Mixing, Performance and Production
Jump to new posts Nashville meets Hollywood by edshaw @ 08/17/17 11:35 AM

Using the Nashville Demo method, that is, a Fender Amp and a microphone on the kitchen table, and the Hollywood editing standard: (1) Create the content with reasonable number of takes. Three WAV files of two 03:00 takes will work. Keep notes. (2) Upload each two-take file to its own timeline on the editor. Insert three empty audio tracks as working timelines. These are the A, B, and C tracks. (3)Depending on whether your program uses explorer or media asset bins, create the folders to store
I just heard Band-in-a-Box on YouTube
Jump to new posts Another Great YouTube Find - Arpeggios For Dobro - Vol. #2 by Callie - PG Music @ 08/17/17 10:55 AM

Troy Brenningmeyer uses Band-in-a-Box backing tracks in his latest tutorial video, Arpeggios For Dobro - Vol. #2 - 7th Extensions: Another great example of how you can use your Band-in-a-Box creations in your own projects!
Recording, Mixing, Performance and Production
a detailed example using a catchy Adele progression, Cm chord voicing and the melodic minor scale. https://www.guitarchalk.com/modal-fretboard-improvising/
Off-Topic
Jump to new posts down the rabbit hole by pghboemike @ 08/16/17 03:19 PM

at this point i'm not sure what i was looking for but i think it started with Control Alt Achieve and his Eric Curts - YouTube which led to Control Alt Achieve: 50 Fabulous EdTech Blogs to Follow and some of their youtube channels and then i was Happily down the rabbit hole there are some very cool suggestions in these blogs for using technology in teaching as well everyday use NOTE: explore at your own risk i'm not responsible for productivity lost as a result of this post
Songwriting
Lorenz Hart (1895-1943) was a highly skilled lyricist. His words for "Mountain Greenery" contain some of the most inventive rhymes I've come across. If anyone is interested in what advanced lyric rhyming looks like, these lyrics are worthwhile studying. What is especially clever is how Hart has used the poetic device of ‘enjambment’, where the end of one phrase joins with the beginning of the next phrase, to create some of his rhymes. This is not often encountered in lyrics. (I've
Xtra Styles Contest
Jump to new posts The Xtra Styles Song Contest has Ended - Over 50 Entries! by Callie - PG Music @ 08/16/17 12:11 PM

Thank you to everyone that submitted their entries in our Xtra Styles PAK 3 Contest! We are listening to all the entries, and will be announcing the Winners on Monday, August 21st. Good luck everyone!
Off-Topic
Jump to new posts Five Artist Contract Lines Explained by pghboemike @ 08/16/17 11:05 AM

Five Artist Contract Lines Explained
Off-Topic
http://www.harmonycentral.com/articles/craigs-list---music-deities-of-the-ancients
Off-Topic
Jump to new posts fyi-20 Garth Brooks tracks for free at Amazon by pghboemike @ 08/16/17 07:57 AM

The Chase/In Pieces
Xtra Styles Contest
Jump to new posts Singin' Songs With Jesus by efd @ 08/15/17 03:40 PM

Singin' Songs With Jesus Style : Sermon Genre : Gospel / Funky Pop
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
PG Music News
Announcing the Winners of the Xtra Styles Song Contest!

We've enjoyed listening to all of the songs submitted for our Xtra Styles Song contest - thank you to everyone who entered!

The winners are:

Americana:
Captain Arnold's Liquer Listen to the song here
Artist/Forum User: Rob4580
Xtra Style used: _SECLUDE.STY 
Original Forum Post

The Music of Life Listen to the song here
Artist/Forum User: Jon Thomas
Xtra Style used: _HARPING.STY
Original Forum Post

Jazz:
In a Latin Mood Listen to the song here
Artist/Forum User: MusicStudent
Xtra Style used: _BOSSOUL.STY
Original Forum Post

Rock-Pop
Great White Listen to the song here
Artist/Forum User: Buford
Xtra Style used: _BIGWAVE.STY
Original Forum Post

Congratulations!

The Complete List of Xtra Styles Song Contest Entries

Listen to all of the songs submitted for the Xtra Styles Song Contest! We have organized the entries by category, listing alphabetically by song title - Click here to view the list.

Band-in-a-Box® User Feedback - Thank You!

Take a look at some of the recent feedback we've received from program users just like you:

"I started using Band-in-a-Box October 2016 . It's been money very well spent. I'm now nearing the finish of my first All Originals Cd. I let a local musician hear some of the songs and he was amazed at the quality. Guys it takes time and effort to learn but its worth it 100%!"
-John S.

"Amazing RealTracks I have used these on 30 or more songs! Some even used complex chords that amazed me how well the Banjo still worked. Unbelievable Software! All the backup band you will ever need no matter what your skill level!"
-Tom C.

"Like lots of others I use it all the time, putting in the chords of a tune, choosing the right style and tempo is a godsend, I'm a jazz musician and playing tunes and improvising with chords in front of you is brilliant, less than an hour ago I was playing my tenor sax along with my Band-in-a-Box backing band."
-Barrie M.

"I love Band-in-a-Box! I use it every day to practice, compose, and teach guitar lessons. Keep up the great work, PG!"
-Brian P.

"A Great business....a great program and a fantastic way to easily create your own songs....or backing tracks to play along with.....a program that everyone should get...."
-Leonard A.

"Band-in-a-Box has been one of my favorite programs since it first came out. Wonderful concept, very well executed."
-Doug S.

"Amazing Software. Use it all the time. Makes very convincing backing tracks!!!"
-Paul P.

Thank you everyone!

Let us know what you think! Post a review on our Band-in-a-Box Comments page, visit our Facebook page, or contact us directly.

User Article - How I Write and Produce Songs with Band-in-a-Box®

Listen to the SoundCloud account for forum user Buford, and you'll see that has written and uploaded more than 20 songs!

Want to know his secret? Check out his recent blog post: How I Write and Produce Songs with Band-in-a-Box, which he was nice enough to share to our Songwriting Forum - Thanks Bob!

Another Great YouTube Find - Arpeggios For Dobro - Vol. #2

Troy Brenningmeyer uses Band-in-a-Box backing tracks in his latest tutorial video, Arpeggios For Dobro - Vol. #2 - 7th Extensions:

Video: Arpeggios For Dobro - Vol. #2 - 7th Extensions

Another great example of how you can use your Band-in-a-Box creations in your own projects!

The Xtra Styles Song Contest has Ended - Over 50 Entries!

Thank you to everyone that submitted their entries in our Xtra Styles PAK 3 Contest!

We are listening to all the entries, and will be announcing the Winners on Monday, August 21st.

Good luck everyone!

YouTube Find - There Are No Bad Guitars

The latest video from EricBlackmonGuitar is a great demonstration of the different types of guitars out there, and how there really is no such thing as a bad guitar!

Video: Multi-Guitar Solo Review Of INEXPENSIVE GUITARS

Eric uses Band-in-a-Box backing tracks in his tutorial videos... Just one of the many ways program users can incorporate their Band-in-a-Box songs into other projects!

Forum Stats
26316 Members
50 Forums
47145 Topics
383753 Posts

Max Online: 2283 @ 08/25/16 03:52 PM
Newest Members
PartyLineLimo, vitamixlabs NY, jimbo9, Jim & Dave, aceluxurywine

26315 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Noel96 175
VideoTrack 150