Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Band-in-a-Box for Macintosh
PG Music Staff
OP Offline
PG Music Staff
Band-in-a-Box 2010 for Mac is here!

Band-in-a-Box 2010, with 101 new RealTracks and 3 new RealDrums Sets is here! We've been busy and have some exciting new releases!

You can watch a video here : http://www.pgmusic.com/mac.htm and click on “Band-in-a-Box 2010 New Features Video for Macintosh”

New! - You can see video demos of the new RealTracks in sets 67 to 82 (and all other sets as well) here http://www.pgmusic.com/products_realtracks.htm . Click on the #s in the section marked videos by genre.

Order and download your upgrade (or first-time purchase) here http://www.pgmusic.com/band.htm

Text desciption: New features in Band-in-a-Box 2010 for Macintosh

101 NEW RealTracks and 3 new RealDrums Sets are available!
Learn more and listen to demos of these new RealTracks ( http://www.pgmusic.com/products_realtracks.htm ) and RealDrums ( http://www.pgmusic.com/products_realdrums.htm )

If you already have Band-in-a-Box 2009 and you "want it all," the Band-in-a-Box EverythingPAK is for you! This package ships pre-installed on a 160GB USB HD. This is plug n play, and has the program, all (previous and new) RealTracks, RealDrums and MIDI styles. Run it from the hard drive, or install it to your PC's hard drive. During our Macintosh special, this can be yours for as little as $159 (upgrade from 2009), or $179 (upgrade from 2008 or older) or just $399 (first- time purchase).

============

There are over 50 new features in 2010 for Macintosh

There is now a "Plug-in" mode for your favorite sequencer (GarageBand, ProTools, Logic, Nuendo, Reaper and more). With the new plug-in mode, BB is open as a small always-on-top window, and acts as a plug-in for your favorite DAW/sequencer, so that you can Drag-n-Drop MIDI and audio (AIFF) tracks from BB to your favorite sequencer. Work in your favorite sequencer, type a progression in Band-in-a-Box, and then simply drag the track from Band-in-a-Box to your sequencer's track at the desired track and bar location.

No more long waits for RealTracks to generate! RealTracks generate much faster, 4X faster on average. A typical song with RealTracks that took 20 seconds to generate will generate now in about 5 seconds. And if you freeze some or all tracks in the song (see below), playback of RealTracks is almost instantaneous.

Time for generation of MIDI arrangement is much faster - now ‘instantaneous (less than 1 second)!

Freezing (locking) MIDI or Real tracks/RealDrums. Any track can now be frozen (MIDI or Real track). When frozen, it won't get changed or re-generated. This saves time when replaying previous songs, and allows you to freeze an arrangement that you like. If you freeze the whole song, you don't have to wait at all for the song to regenerate. Next time you play, it is ready to go. (Note: this new freeze feature is different than the previous limited freeze feature that renders the whole arrangement to the audio track)

All Tracks can be Edited and Saved. MIDI tracks for bass, drums, piano, guitar and strings can now be edited, and saved with the file. If you freeze a track, edits can be still made to it, because it is only frozen from BB making changes to it (you can still edit it), so that the MIDI track will be saved to the file. So you can customize the bass part to match a certain song, and save it with a Frozen bass part, so that BB won’t overwrite your edits. This includes RealCharts – if you wanted to edit the notation of a RealTracks solo for example.

Soloist generated RealTracks are now saved with the song, so you will hear the RealTracks play the same solo when you reload the song. RealTracks now support new features, including Shots, Holds, and Pushes. Simply type in the chords as you normally would, adding periods (…) for shots and holds, and the RealTracks will play them. Note for this, you need the installer that creates a Library\Holds folder in your RealTracks folder.

RealTracks endings have been enhanced, and are now 4 bar endings instead of 2 bar, allowing time for a natural decay of the instruments.

Multiple Undo support. Up to 999 levels of undo (configurable).

Always Save all song settings. Now all settings are saved with songs, including patches, reverbs, volume etc., so that the song will play the same way each time, without having to set this in the Save With Patches dialog.

Reverb control added for individual tracks with RealTracks or RealDrums, so you can easily add reverb (0 to 127) for any RealTrack. Reverb type also settable, and saved with the song.

Bass/Treble Tone Control added for individual tracks with RealTracks or RealDrums, so you can easily adjust the bass/treble EQ for any RealTrack. Settings save with the song.

Band-in-a-Box window is now sizable, when size changes, chord sheet, notation, and other windows redraw in proportion to the new size. This allows you to have BB open as a small window on screen with other programs, and you still see a full chord sheet. The screen size is remembered between sessions.

New favorite songs/styles dialog, with separate lists of ‘recently played’ and favorite songs or styles. The previous ‘favorite’ songs/styles dialog was a list of recently used songs/styles. Now there are 2 tabs in this dialog, showing you both recently used songs/styles, and a new list of ‘favorites’ that you select as a favorite songs or styles. You can add an unlimited number of favorites.

Double time and half-time support for RealTracks added. Now you can play any RealTracks at half-time or double time. This allows you to, for example, in a ballad at tempo of 70, to add a RealTracks Sax solo with tempo of 140, and play it as a double time, which will match the ballad tempo of 70. So now all of your existing RealTracks can be used at 3 different tempos. (normal, half-time, double time)

Tempo swapping of similar RealTracks. This feature happens either automatically or manually. If you set “Auto RealTracks substitution based on tempo” to true in RealTracks Settings dialog or Additional Song Settings dialog, BB will automatically choose the best one to use. For example, if you have a ballad loaded, with an Acoustic Bass RealTracks at tempo of 60, and you speed up the tempo to 140, and press play, BB will automatically choose an Acoustic Bass RealTracks closer to tempo of 140, if it is the same genre and feel. This means you can use a simple Jazz style, and play it at various tempos, without having to set the best RealTracks based on tempos. If you don’t want this feature to work automatically, set “Auto RealTracks substitution based on tempo” to false. The RealTracks that support the Tempo Swapping are listed in the next to last column of the RealTracks assign dialog.

Rendering now has a Normalize option, to normalize individual tracks or the complete arrangement. Normalizing boosts the volume to a maximum level without distortion. Most professional music tracks are normalized.

RealDrums picker dialog has been enhanced, with information about Artist name, Artist bio, and Real Drums Set number.

Songs ‘Saved-As” a different name now have the new name added to the Recently Used song dialog.

Support enhanced for non-concert instruments (Bb/Eb sax, trumpet etc.). Now when chord sheet is transposed, you can type in chords in the transposed key, and they will show up as you have entered them, instead of requiring you to enter the chords in the concert key.

More Soloists are now available, up to 2000.

RealTracks Picker dialog enhanced :

Opens up faster.

New Columns added (tempo swappable, holds type)

Many messages changed to “yellow alerts” at top right of screen, so that you don’t have to respond to the message, interrupting work flow.

And many more!

Have Fun!
Peter Gannon
PG Music Inc.
R
R
Why ooohh why didn't you add the same functionality as in the Windows version when it comes to looping a portion of the song ??? I could not believe it when I had my first test run and hit loop and was back in the notation window as in BIB 2009.5. I hope that I'm missing something or that there will be a update real soon, otherwise I will be more then disappointed.
/Hasse

PG Music Staff
OP Offline
PG Music Staff
Yes, the next patch update will allow looping a selected region from the chordsheet. And then if you open the notation, it will loop the same selected region, so you can loop either the chordsheet or notation.

Have Fun!
Peter Gannon
PG Music Inc.
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Wow, I recently purchased the Mac version 2010. I am hearing from my associates that the version has left out a list of important features. Will future updates address the list of missing features? I have been with BIAB for years. I am talking about first version (Atari 520/1040 ST). I'm talking Jurassic period. PG Music (Peter Gannon) has always been fair. I hope they add the missing great features Windows boast. Thank you.

S
S
Just last December I purchased the Audiophile version 2009.5 on a hard drive for over $500. Today, the PG phone salesman informed me that the only upgrade path available to me for Mac version 2010 Audiophile will cost an additional $300 (presumably because the upgrade must come on another portable hard drive).

I, too, have been a loyal BIAB user since Atari days. Could PG Music please market a more fair upgrade path for recent buyers of the flagship BIAB package? Thank you.

Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Bonjour !

Une question : j'utilise Band in a Box pour Mac depuis sa version 6 !! et j'ai suivi (presque) toutes les mises à jour !!
Je viens maintenant de passer de Band in a Box 12 à Band in a Box 2010 !

Pour certains de mes morceaux réalisés sous BIB 12, j'avais intégré des solos qui étaient relativement bien réussis !
Malheureusement quand j'ouvre ces morceaux sous Bib 2010, ces solos ne sont pas repris !
Y a-t-il une solution pour les retrouver autrement qu'en exportant le solo en fichier midi pour le reprendre sous Bib 2010 ?

Autre question : y a-t-il possibilité de télécharger une version française (pdf) du mode d'emploi de Bib (même pour Windows …)

Merci des réponses !!

Traduction par software : / Translation by software:

Hello!

A question: I use Band in a Box for Mac since version 6! and I followed (almost) all the updates!
I come now to move from Band in a Box 12 to Band in a Box 2010!

For some of my pieces made under BIB 12, I built solos that were relatively successful!
Unfortunately when I open these pieces under Bib 2010, these solos are not included!
Is there a way to find them other than exporting the solo midi file to resume Bib in 2010?

Another question: is there a possibility to download French version (pdf) of manual Bib (even Windows ...)

Thank you responses!

Journeyman
Journeyman
Hello, the first build of Biab 2010 didn't play the soloist track, actually.
You have just to update to build 16.

Last edited by TheSpanish; 06/20/10 11:48 AM.

Macbook pro quad core 2,5 gHz 16 GB ram | OSX 10.15.7 | BinaB 2022 | Logic Studio X | A beautiful Giant race bike.
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Et où trouver cette mise à jour en build 16 ! (je suis en 14) !
Merci !

And where to find this update in build 16! (I'm 14)!
Thank you!

Journeyman
Journeyman

Macbook pro quad core 2,5 gHz 16 GB ram | OSX 10.15.7 | BinaB 2022 | Logic Studio X | A beautiful Giant race bike.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Henry Clarke: Revolutionize Your Band-in-Box® Tracks with Regenerating Function

One of the new features added with Band-in-Box® 2024 is the Tracks Window, which will look familiar if you've worked with other DAWs.

Henry Clarke explains why he loves the Re-generation function within the Tracks Window in their video Revolutionize Your Band-in-Box® Tracks with Regenerating Function.

Watch video.

Learn even more about what the Tracks Window can do with our video Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Tracks Window.

User Video: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box®

The Bob Doyle Media YouTube channel is known for demonstrating how you can creatively incorporate AI into your projects - from your song projects to avatar building to face swapping, and more!

His latest video, Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box, he explains in detail how you can use the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box with ACE Studio. Follow along as he goes from "nothing" to "something" with his Band-in-a-Box MIDI Melodist track, using ACE Studio to turn it into a vocal track (or tracks, you'll see) by adding lyrics for those notes that will trigger some amazing AI vocals!

Watch: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 German for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 für Windows Deutsch ist verfügbar!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung neuer Inhalte hinzugefügt, darunter 222 RealTracks, neue RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, abspielbare RealTracks Set 3, abspielbare RealDrums Set 2, zwei neue Sets von "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 und mehr!

Paket | Was ist Neu

Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,749
Posts736,962
Members38,563
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
taylor davis, spec96, Nethan Paul, LesNewzealand, CCCreator
38,562 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 185