Index
Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Band-in-a-Box for Macintosh
PG Music Staff
OP Offline
PG Music Staff
If you are an existing 2009 Band-in-a-Box customer, here is a summary of your options available for getting the 2009.5 upgrade, and none/some or all of the 101 new RealTracks.

==================================

1. (free) You can upgrade your 2009 version to 2009.5 version free... link here http://www.pgmusic.com/support_macintoshupdates.htm#2009_6

-- if you want to get some or all of the new 101 RealTracks
The 101 RealTracks are split into 3 groups (called RealPaks), which are named Jazz 2, Country 2, Rock 2

2. $59 (DVD) you can buy a RealPAK for your preferred genre (Jazz 2, Country 2, or Rock 2). Those come on DVD. You install them to your existing Band-in-a-Box installation, either on you hard drive, or the external USB hard drive. These also include the 2009.5 upgrade from 2009. To order/ more info at http://www.pgmusic.com/realpaks.htm

3. $99 (DVD) you can buy all 3 of the RealPAKS - all 101 new Realtracks on DVD's. (Jazz 2, Country 2, AND Rock 2). Those come on DVD. You install them to your existing Band-in-a-Box installation, either on you hard drive, or the external USB hard drive. These also include the 2009.5 upgrade from 2009. To order/ more info at http://www.pgmusic.com/winmacpluspak.htm

4. $149 (UltraPlus Hard Drive - 160GB). If you already have 2009 UltraPAK or 2009 Everything PAK, on DVD or Hard drive, you qualify for the UltraPlus Hard drive at $149. That is a plug n play ready 160GB hard drive with "the works" - all the new RealTracks (and all the old ones too), as well as a full installation of BB and all the styles.
To order/ more info at http://www.pgmusic.com/band.htm or phone 1-888-PG-MUSIC

5. $199 (AudioPhile UltraPlus Hard Drive - 1 TB) If you already have an audiophile version, you can update that by getting the new 1TB HD that is loaded with BB, and all the RealTracks, styles etc.

-----------------------
These products can be ordered (and downloaded immediately while you wait for the hard copy to come) here... http://www.pgmusic.com/band.htm

Have Fun!
Peter Gannon
PG Music Inc.
E
E
Hi,

after update to Version 2009.5 / build 6 i got
the same System information as before.

Version 2009 no 2009.5 Build 5

1. (free) You can upgrade your 2009 version to 2009.5 version free... link ??

Thanks
Elmar
Germany

E
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
E
after update to Version 2009.5 build 6
the preference "Pause play till MIDI or Key" is still not saved.

PG Music Staff
OP Offline
PG Music Staff
>>>after update to Version 2009.5 build 6
the preference "Pause play till MIDI or Key" is still not saved.

Correct, we intentionally didn't save that setting, because some people were inadvertently setting that.
But for the next free patch build (7), due out in a couple of days, we're saving that "Pause play till MIDI or Key" setting, and putting up a yellow hint message when the program boots up to remind you that it is set.

Have Fun!
Peter Gannon
PG Music Inc.
W
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
W
I'm confused. I ordered like this:

I clicked on this link in your email...

4. $149 (UltraPlus Hard Drive - 160GB). If you already have 2009 UltraPAK or 2009 Everything PAK, on DVD or Hard drive, you qualify for the UltraPlus Hard drive at $149. That is a plug n play ready 160GB hard drive with "the works" - all the new RealTracks (and all the old ones too), as well as a full installation of BB and all the styles.

Then on "The Chart" I clicked on $149 UltraPlus Hard Drive....

but the product that ends up in the cart is
HD09SPP-M
MAC: 2009 Summer PlusPAK Hard Drive

On "The Chart", these are two products with different names (UltraPlus Hard Drive vs. Summer PlusPAK Hard Drive) and different descriptions but the same price.
Are the column headings wrong? Are they the same or different?

I bought the EverythingPak of BIAB 2009 for Mac
and want to update to whichever hard-drive update has the most stuff!

Once I'm clear on this, I'll make the purchase.

Thank you,
Wade C.

PG Music Staff
OP Offline
PG Music Staff
Yes, the HD09SPP-M 2009 Summer PlusPAK Hard Drive is exactly what you want, and you have the 2009 Everything Pak, so you qualify for it.
You will get a 160GB HD, which has BB 2009.5 with a full install 60GB used for the installation of BB and all the RealTracks and RealDrums, which include 101 new RealTracks, and 30% more RealDrums than you have in the existing Everyting Pak.

You won't need to use your "old" 2009 Everything Pak, so can doorstop that HD.

Have Fun!
Peter Gannon
PG Music Inc.
W
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
W
OK, I purchased the one you suggested. It arrived. However I'll be returning it tomorrow or Monday.

Reason:When I play a track with real drum and real bass,
I am unable to stop or pause the track. The only
way to stop the track is to terminate the entire BIAB program.

I had this same problem with my June Everything Pak,
running the program from my hard drive and the real files
from the external drive. It was SOLVED by plugging in both USB cables.

However, with the new drive that just arrived,
I am running it the same way, the program is installed on my hard drive,
and the real files are on the external hard drive,
and both USB cables are plugged in. I'm guessing since it's
a different type of external hard drive, it works differently.

Unless you have a sort of quick-fix suggestion,
I'm returning this new external UltraPaK, as the benefits
of the 2009.5 on an external hard drive with new styles
and whatever, are certainly not worth it to me,
when I cannot stop or pause a track while it's playing!

Thanks.

M
Mac Offline
Veteran
Veteran
M
IF the Stop button isn't recognized by the cursor/button, try hitting the Spacebar or the ESC key, that always works and is the same as hitting the Stop button.

--Mac

W
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
W
OK, looking closer, my green cardboard instruction sheet that came with the UltraPak on hard drive
mentions using "the power cable" and I see that this external hard drive you sent does take a power cable.
However no power cable was sent or included. Do I email Tech Support to get the power cable? I'm pretty sure
it would resolve the problem of BIAB not responding to STOP or Pause when I run it with the Real files
on the External Hard Drive. Thanks.

PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Hello Wade,

Is it the 2.5" or the 3.5" (AudioPhile) drive that you have there? If it mentions needing a power cable, then it sounds like you have the 3.5" drive - if so, that one cannot be powered only by USB, it needs to be plugged in.

In any case, probably best to contact us directly to sort this out.

Andrew
PG Music Inc.
w Offline
Expert
Expert
Not sure I fully understand this:

2. $59 (DVD) ... Those come on DVD. You install them to your existing Band-in-a-Box installation, either on you hard drive, or the external USB hard drive. or the external USB hard drive.

Is a external USB hard drive fast enough to play the Band ? or am I missing something ?

Also what is the " AudioPhile UltraPlus Hard Drive - 1 TB " all about ? I have a audiophile 2496 PCI card installed in my QS G4. Would I be able to make use of that external AudioPhile UltraPlus Hard Drive ?

RANT: To be honest here: there is almost too much information on the PG web pages that at times I find my self going into a loop reading the same information in different areas.

I hope I don't get banished from this forum for my rant. Please excuse me.

Mac Audiophile 2020 2019 2018 2017 USB plus previous years versions

macOS Mojave - 10.14.6 @ Aug 16, 2019

iMac i3 3.6 GHz 8GB RAM 4K with Retina display

some examples @ sound cloud done with Mac Band and DAW's : https://soundcloud.com/you/tracks
Veteran
Veteran
Quote:

1. (free) You can upgrade your 2009 version to 2009.5 version free... link here http://www.pgmusic.com/support_macintoshupdates.htm#2009_6

-- if you want to get some or all of the new 101 RealTracks
The 101 RealTracks are split into 3 groups (called RealPaks), which are named Jazz 2, Country 2, Rock 2

2. $59 (DVD) you can buy a RealPAK for your preferred genre (Jazz 2, Country 2, or Rock 2). Those come on DVD. You install them to your existing Band-in-a-Box installation, either on you hard drive, or the external USB hard drive. These also include the 2009.5 upgrade from 2009. To order/ more info at http://www.pgmusic.com/realpaks.htm

3. $99 (DVD) you can buy all 3 of the RealPAKS - all 101 new Realtracks on DVD's. (Jazz 2, Country 2, AND Rock 2). Those come on DVD. You install them to your existing Band-in-a-Box installation, either on you hard drive, or the external USB hard drive. These also include the 2009.5 upgrade from 2009. To order/ more info at http://www.pgmusic.com/winmacpluspak.htm

5. $199 (AudioPhile UltraPlus Hard Drive - 1 TB) If you already have an audiophile version, you can update that by getting the new 1TB HD that is loaded with BB, and all the RealTracks, styles etc.

Hey, W -

#1 above - upgrades the program files from v2009 to v2009.5, so you get some bug fixes and some added functionality. It's a free upgrade, which you should do whether you have RealTracks/RealDrums or not.

#2 above - This is to purchase one of the new RealPAKs (a set of RealTracks, if you will). RealTracks are sold separately from the main BIAB program. For $59, you get to choose one of the three new RealTracks PAKs (called RealPAKs) - Jazz 2, Country 2, or Rock 2. The RealPAK you purchase comes on a DVD, but you have to install the files from that DVD when you receive it. You can install it either to the local hard drive in the computer, or for those that purchased BIAB on a USB hard drive, you can also install them to that same hard drive (or like I do, to my own external hard drive). Either way, you have to install them before using them.

#3 above - For $99, you can purchase all three of the new RealPAKs (so you save $78 over buying the RealPAKs separately at $59 each. These come on a DVD. Same comments as above for installation.

#4 above - If you previously purchased the UltraPAK or EverythingPAK (which came either on a DVD or USB hard drive), for $149 you can order a new 160GB USB hard drive that contains everything you previously had (UltraPAK or EverythingPAK) plus all the new RealTracks PAKs, with BIAB already upgraded to 2009.5. It's like getting a new UltraPAK or EverythingPAK with everything up-to-date.

#5 above - The normal RealTracks are compressed WAV files so they don't take up much space; however, they are compressed using lossy compression. The Audiophile Edition (which has nothing to do with your "audiophile" sound card) is the non-compressed WAV files, so you get full fidelity. So for folks that previously purchased the audiophile version of BIAB with the non-compressed RealTracks WAV files, for $199, you can upgrade to the newest RealTracks. Because WAV files are much larger than the compressed files, it comes on a 1TB external USB hard drive. Obviously, if you have the uncompressed WAV files, you don't want to upgrade to the compressed version, or everything will be mixed up. Apples to apples.

I hope that made sense.

John

Laptop-HP Omen I7 Win11Pro 32GB 2x2TB, 1x4TB SSD
Desktop-ASUS-I7 Win10Pro 32GB 2x1.5TB, 2x2TB, 1x4TB SATA

BB2024/UMC404HD/Casios/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Dorico/Noteworthy/NI/Halion/IK

http://www.sus4chord.com
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Good morning Peter, you may remember me from Ireland I was probably your first user there (1990), well I have a small problem !
it's THIS Post

Last edited by basilhenriques; 10/26/09 08:55 AM.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Henry Clarke: Revolutionize Your Band-in-Box® Tracks with Regenerating Function

One of the new features added with Band-in-Box® 2024 is the Tracks Window, which will look familiar if you've worked with other DAWs.

Henry Clarke explains why he loves the Re-generation function within the Tracks Window in their video Revolutionize Your Band-in-Box® Tracks with Regenerating Function.

Watch video.

Learn even more about what the Tracks Window can do with our video Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Tracks Window.

User Video: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box®

The Bob Doyle Media YouTube channel is known for demonstrating how you can creatively incorporate AI into your projects - from your song projects to avatar building to face swapping, and more!

His latest video, Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box, he explains in detail how you can use the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box with ACE Studio. Follow along as he goes from "nothing" to "something" with his Band-in-a-Box MIDI Melodist track, using ACE Studio to turn it into a vocal track (or tracks, you'll see) by adding lyrics for those notes that will trigger some amazing AI vocals!

Watch: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 German for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 für Windows Deutsch ist verfügbar!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung neuer Inhalte hinzugefügt, darunter 222 RealTracks, neue RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, abspielbare RealTracks Set 3, abspielbare RealDrums Set 2, zwei neue Sets von "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 und mehr!

Paket | Was ist Neu

Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,743
Posts736,829
Members38,562
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
taylor davis, spec96, Nethan Paul, LesNewzealand, CCCreator
38,562 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 193