Print Thread
Go To
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
J
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
J
probably the old timers have figured this out, but right now i'm absolutely knocked out this morning with PRT's.
heres what i did.(for new users.)
1. i like to generate lots of melodies in bb useing the
melody menu. to get song voc ideas. etc ..same with solos etc....so...
i thought THERES NO WAY I CAN DO THE FOLLOWING CAN I ?
2. i created a melody on the melody trak then..
3. moved it to a utility trak...THEN ..
4. on the utility trak i invoked a RT eg sax...
and WOW the melody is triggering the same notes in the sax RT.
to say i was knocked out is an understatement.
THIS IS A GAME CHANGER.
so KUDOS TO PG DEVELOPERS. SINCERELY.
count me blown away. i realise its early days with PRT's
but WOW !
once again..KUDOS PG.
it opens up lots of other avenues to explore (which i'm doing in tween medical tests) like transposing, useing the same notes to reinforce / build sound pictures
etc etc. endless possibilities.

only word SUPER WOW ! just wish i had this when i started
doing songs at 10 yrs age yonks ago.
WELL DONE PG.
now back to further experiments.

oldmuso.

Last edited by justanoldmuso; 01/06/22 05:53 AM.

New Song "PRETTY GIRL" for my wife...Dec 2023
(my vocs....mixed for good earbuds.)
https://soundcloud.com/alfsongs/prettygirlrbfinalcalfsongsdec2023mp3
(and rock song THE STALLION and bluegrass song... BANKER MAN....90 songs useing bb/rb.)
P
Journeyman
Journeyman
P
how do you invoke a real track?

Last edited by paulpaul; 01/06/22 09:52 PM.

rebuilt styles,songs and real tracks.
win 10...amd a10 radeon r6 4c+6g 1.8ghz
64 bit hp envy
biab 2023 with 1004 build. styles 1 to 429 plus extras 1,2,3,4 and 6.
running as admin,cleaned up returned to factory settings.
Veteran
Veteran
Quote:
THERES NO WAY I CAN DO THE FOLLOWING... ?
2. i created a melody on the melody trak then..
3. moved it to a utility trak...THEN ..
4. on the utility trak i invoked a RT eg sax...

I think you were correct with your very first statement. After that I am not sure what you have done. grin

Dan, BIAB2024, SoundCloud Win11, i7(12thGen), 32GB, 1TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD), 2TB Libraries, 1 TB(WD-Black), 2TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD)Data, Motu Audio Express, Keystation 61, SL88 Studio, Reaper

J
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
J
MusicStudent...
well i might have egg on my face, or else its the meds
the docs have given me for a condition, or i warped
into some weird music dimension this morning,...lol... but i couldnt do it this afternoon. this is odd.
gotta do more experiments.
how are you doing this playable real traks feature ?

best/hnyear
om

(and rock song THE STALLION and bluegrass song... BANKER MAN....90 songs useing bb/rb.)
Veteran
Veteran
Quote:
how are you doing this playable real traks feature

I already have a solution to playing midi. Its called Kontakt combined with a score of other virutal instuments (VIs) I have invested in. So I am sitting back and waiting for all you early-adapters to blaze the trail. And then let me know when it is safe to jump in the water. grin

Dan, BIAB2024, SoundCloud Win11, i7(12thGen), 32GB, 1TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD), 2TB Libraries, 1 TB(WD-Black), 2TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD)Data, Motu Audio Express, Keystation 61, SL88 Studio, Reaper

Expert
Online Embarrased
Expert
I tested several times but it is not obvious. Once I got the impression that the RT was following the melody chords, like with this option of asking the solos to follow the melody chords. But never again. This old Muso kinda made me dream, because it would have been a positive bug, but no. No way to actually reproduce.

Biab Audiophile 2024 11.11, Win11
Veteran
Veteran
If you're interesting oldmuso, the playable Realtracks are actually audio files and they can be used to play back a MIDI melody using Sforzando.

I explain how to do it in the link below.

https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=696525#Post696525

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Veteran
Veteran
I was just coming over to point to Noel's thread. This is indeed promising. But I am not deleting Kontakt from my computer yet. grin

Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: MusicStudent
I was just coming over to point to Noel's thread. This is indeed promising. But I am not deleting Kontakt from my computer yet. grin

You're not the only one!

I want my last spoken words to be "I hid a million dollars under the........................"

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
J
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
J
Noel.//ALL.
thanks for your link noel. hnyear.
heres whats confusing me...
1. check out the playable real traks and boot camp vids.
https://www.pgmusic.com/videos.bbwin.htm

eg the bootcamp vid shows note changes by a user in the piano roll...via establishing regions.
3. the RT then incorporates those user note changes.
it doesnt show the sfz shown in your link.

perhaps pg could clarify...cos i'm befuddled.
my logic being that "IF" the pg playable real traks vids are correct , then logically does it not follow that i could replace the midi data in the RT piano roll with
notes from another source. not just melody , but notes
ive recorded useing a midi kbd ?

i'm totally confused.
thanks once again noel, //respect to you for your knowledge. i'm doubting my sanity lol.
feel free to call me bonkers ...lol
om

Last edited by justanoldmuso; 01/07/22 03:54 AM.

J
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
J
ALL.
more info.
check out what is done to a brent mason RT...
in bootcamp 1 video. includeing bends for the RT ?? !!
after hiliting a region to change.
am i nuts ? lol..OR was the RT changed ?
note how the teacher uses midi in the piano roll to change the playback of the RT ?

THUS the question remains why couldnt after hiliting
RT piano roll region, could i not overwrite with notes from the melody if i wished via copy/paste.

ps one of the reasons i like the pg forums is these v interesting friendly discussions.
so thanks.
om

Last edited by justanoldmuso; 01/07/22 05:16 AM.

Expert
Expert
Originally Posted By: justanoldmuso
could i not overwrite with notes from the melody if i wished via copy/paste.

I think you can. I suspect at some point doing this may stretch PRT too far and they'll no longer sound right, but I wonder how far they'll go; today and tomorrow.

I also now wonder where MIDI stops and PRTs begin within BiaB.

RealTrack of course include the subtleties of timing, fingering, emboucher and so on from the original recording. Lot's of synth/samplers now do similar from the other end by putting in those subtleties where appropriate or in response to our directions.

All quite exciting.

Jazz relative beginner, starting at a much older age than was helpful.
Kawai MP6, Korg M50, Ui24R, Saffire Pro 40.
AVL:MXE Linux; Windows 11; Win8.1: Scarletts
BIAB2022 UltraPAK, Reaper, a bunch of stuff.
P
Veteran
Veteran
P
The whole idea was to add you own notes to RealTracks by muting a RT section and have Sforzando play your notes using a sample set of that RealTrack.
I suggested this years ago and showed how to do it:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6krkobu3yb65wsr/RealTrack-ShinyGuitar.mp4?dl=0

Sforzando Creating Custom Solos for RealTracks Mac/Win

Sample Sets for RealTracks & RealDrums

RealTrack Bass Samples for Sforzando

I used to use the RealChart midi of a guitar solo on a sax sample to repeat a riff the guitar played in answer to the guitar.

https://youtu.be/COPSqrezqnY?t=964

Veteran
Veteran
Pipeline,

I've just had a look through your above links. That's very impressive work! You must have spent heaps of time putting all that together.

All the best,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
P
Veteran
Veteran
P
Thanks Noel ! that's all I do, spend heaps of time putting things together lol.

J
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
J
pipeline...your amazing.
All.
i think what is needed right now is an in depth pg video
expanding on the bootcamp 1 video brent mason playable RT's overview.
ie precise steps to invoking and changeing PRT's.
after repeated plays of that overview bootcamp 1 vid i'm still rather confused.
it seems there is rather lots mousing around going on also
with menus etc....and possibly could be simplified.
eg if i want to change bars 56 thru 60 in a PRT.
1. create change notes on another utility trak piano roll.
2. paste overwrite on PRT piano roll trak. n regen. done.
ie less mouse cliks. but maybe i'm an old midiot used to do things this way.

obviously what we all dream about is the day when we can tell a session musician artist what to play.
eg solo and melody notes etc.
rather like i used to yell out to session musicians in a studio ...in days of yore.
"gimme xyz in the solo" lol etc etc
perchance to dream.
irrespective i will plod on experimenting till a detailed
PRT vid is made by pg.

i know i can be demanding at times, like various old timer users wanting certain features
addressed...BUT this is a FABULOUS upgrade to 2022.
and i laud pg for it.the freedom of all the xtra traks
sorta reminds of the digital version of studer 24 trak 2 inch mtr's which i remember with great fondness.
on the downside, and i was reminded this week going thru
over 6000 styles i have, that some RT's can be "bland"
where i go "ho hum" or "he was just noodling".
ie i want more RT's that knock my socks off with their "sound pictures".

for NOEL96. accessing the PRT's from sfz plug in works
a treat. merci beaucoup. your very talented.
and heres the kicker...my beautifull wife bought me the 22 upgrade for xmas and we joke "she gets the remote back"..lmao.

hnyear to all.
om

Last edited by justanoldmuso; 01/08/22 05:01 AM.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
User Video: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box®

The Bob Doyle Media YouTube channel is known for demonstrating how you can creatively incorporate AI into your projects - from your song projects to avatar building to face swapping, and more!

His latest video, Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box, he explains in detail how you can use the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box with ACE Studio. Follow along as he goes from "nothing" to "something" with his Band-in-a-Box MIDI Melodist track, using ACE Studio to turn it into a vocal track (or tracks, you'll see) by adding lyrics for those notes that will trigger some amazing AI vocals!

Watch: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 German for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 für Windows Deutsch ist verfügbar!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung neuer Inhalte hinzugefügt, darunter 222 RealTracks, neue RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, abspielbare RealTracks Set 3, abspielbare RealDrums Set 2, zwei neue Sets von "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 und mehr!

Paket | Was ist Neu

Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,657
Posts735,486
Members38,526
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
theyearofjess, OlvaJownDay, Tranner Track, Ely Bass, Barking
38,525 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 173